Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Inn stoked it will play on Xbox One. My X console should be able to ride out for a couple more years at least while I make PS5 my primary console. Very cool. I was worried Xbone owners would be left behind.

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else notice the huge *thud* when Chief hit the ground after the pilot released him? Makes it feel like the Mjolnir armor weighs a ton, as it should be. Love little details like that.

¡Yes! I immediately noticed that. First Halo were the MC design feels bigger and heavy like a true Spartan.

Feb 23, 2018
This is the new composer btw. Curtis Schweitzer.

What's really interesting is that instead of 1-2 main composers (Kazuma Jinnouchi worked for 343i 2011-2018) the Halo Waypoint article mentions the search for a 'team of talented composers'.

Joel Yarger is 343i's new Music Supervisor. Music Supervisors are managers, they link the creative and the business side. So he's responsible to bring the right music and talents to Halo.
Yarger has an impressive list of projects - according to Linkedin he was involved in:

Death Stranding
Blood and Truth
Days Gone
Anthem
Marvel's Spider-Man
E3 2018 Sony Press Conference
God of War
Call of Duty: WWII
Paris Games Week Sony Press Conference
Gran Turismo Sport
Knack 2
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
E3 2017 Sony Press Conference
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Bound
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
PlayStation VR Worlds
Here They Lie
The Tomorrow Children
E3 2016 Sony Press Conference w/Live Orchestra
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Bloodborne: The Old Hunters
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Bloodborne
The Order: 1886
Infamous First Light
Counterspy
Entwined
Infamous Second Son
The Last of Us: Left Behind
Knack
The Last of Us
God of War: Ascension
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
The Unfinished Swan
Resistance: Burning Skies
Starhawk
Journey
Unit 13
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Infamous: Festival of Blood
Infamous 2
Motorstorm: Apocalypse
SOCOM 4
Killzone 3
MLB: The Show '11
God of War: Ghost of Sparta
Sports Champions
God of War 3
SOCOM: FTB 3
MAG
God of War Collection
Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
InFamous
Resistance: Retribution
Flower
SOCOM: Confrontation
Linger in Shadows
Twisted Metal: Head-On: Extra Twisted Edition
God of War: Chains of Olympus
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Pain (+ Expansion Packs)
SOCOM: Tactical Strike
Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow
Lair
God of War 2

So Schweitzer may be just one of many possible composers for Infinite.
Schweitzer has his own webpage if someone is interested.
Worked for a couple of small-medium games with a sci-fi focus.

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
They wasted so much time on that guy's wife. We needed to some action.

I think it was perfect to show how time passed for that Marine and how human he is in comparison with MC. Makes you really wonder what's the state of the UNSC and humanity. Him not wanting to fight but run was such a great way to show that.

I would have loved gameplay, but asking that when we are 1.5 years away from launch is just unrealistic. We've never gotten gameplay so early for Halo.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I rewatched the trailer in 4K 60 fps from the official Xbox Youtube channel a few moments ago, looks really good.

www.youtube.com

Halo Infinite - E3 2019 - Discover Hope

The Master Chief returns in Halo Infinite – the next chapter of the legendary franchise launching holiday 2020 with Project Scarlett.Developed by 343 Industr...
Definitively better on that video, the youtube stream was awful.
Overall, it is really nice. The natural look of it is really great. I hoped to have something better with the hair.
The big let down is the DOF is really not handle well here. The worst is the character model of MC while we are seeing the Halo. It is just awful, looks like low low low low texture.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it was perfect to show how time passed for that Marine and how human he is in comparison with MC. Makes you really wonder what's the state of the UNSC and humanity. Him not wanting to fight but run was such a great way to show that.

I would have loved gameplay, but asking that when we are 1.5 years away from launch is just unrealistic. We've never gotten gameplay so early for Halo.

Yeah but this was supposed to be the hype trailer and the original was so much better.

We're 18 months out. There is more than enough time to dive into everything else about the game.

This trailer was more disappointment than hype - that's the problem.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
My issue with the armor is that it looks too clean. I wish it looked a little more scratched up.

Would be neat if the game showed increased damage throughout the game like Arkham games and also, mud, sand etc depending were you are messing about. Even going for dip in water cleans you up.

I like the animation detail as he is walking in that gif, you can see the subtle thigh, joint movement.

Still think the game play will be pretty neat and new, underwater thrusters, got to happen. Maybe they just want to keep it under wraps until next year and really wow people.

I like the idea of that pelican being a drop point as you move around the Halo, I guess kinda like Dead Space 3 on a bigger scale with the ability to orbital drop into new locations. Just one thing, don't take control away, I want to jump, I want to fly, don't care how cool the segway cut scene is, I want to do the cool stuff, felt so annoying in the last two games when I wanted to control at certain moments.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else notice the huge *thud* when Chief hit the ground after the pilot released him? Makes it feel like the Mjolnir armor weighs a ton, as it should be. Love little details like that.
Yeeeeeeeeeees! I love that part.

Every little detail they're showing about this game has 10x the impact the last couple games had on me.

As the man in the trailer said, feels like we're going home.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
They wasted so much time on that guy's wife. We needed to some action.
Personally, I totally disagree - and if anything I hope we see more of that. It was a very well-directed and poignant scene, that displayed a heart that I feel Halo has sorely missed these past few years.

The banter and little stories of the Marines has always been a highlight of the series. I'd love to see 343i lean more into that, fleshing out the universe's inhabitants and what it is we're fighting for.

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
Dat graphical detail

Credit to Morgoth Bauglir
D8s0SRJXsAEsB7Z.jpg:large

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
Little details that made the MC reveal awesome:
  • How heavy and big the armour felt.
  • The VISR loading with vertical lines like in Halo 3.
  • The classic shield sound.
  • BLACK UNDERSUITS.
  • Space diaper is back.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I totally disagree - and if anything I hope we see more of that. It was a very well-directed and poignant scene, that displayed a heart that I feel Halo has sorely missed these past few years.

The banter and little stories of the Marines has always been a highlight of the series. I'd love to see 343i lean more into that, fleshing out the universe's inhabitants and what it is we're fighting for.

343 hasn't gotten the campaign right in 2 games - it's time to focus on action. Halo 4 was tolerable but 5 was just an abomination when it came to the campaign.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If they were trying to do they Halo 3 reveal tease thing, they failed miserably.

Where is the sense of intrigue, excitement, exploration of unknown worlds? This trailer really did nothing for me. The choice to spend 3/4th's of it on some random guy just felt incredibly pointless and nothing about it felt like Halo.

Really disappointing waiting a year since last E3 to see something and this is all we got.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
The material quality has to be the thing im most impressed with about this game so far. Everything looks so tangible. It speaks volumes about the clean high quality visuals we can expect on scarlett
I feel like there's a better sense of space and everything within the environment like you can reach out and grab it.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Now the initial disappointment of the msoft conference has passed, I find myself loving this showing if Halo.

Watched a direct feed at 4k 60fps, it looks and sounds PHENOMENAL.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If they were trying to do they Halo 3 reveal tease thing, they failed miserably.

Where is the sense of intrigue, excitement, exploration of unknown worlds? This trailer really did nothing for me. The choice to spend 3/4th's of it on some random guy just felt incredibly pointless and nothing about it felt like Halo.

Really disappointing waiting a year since last E3 to see something and this is all we got.
Agreed. The fuck do I care about some random marine and his wife for? Show me something that should get me excited for the actual game.

r0t

Banned
May 23, 2019
From a technical perspective, I guess the graphics look good. But I hate the cartoony art style. Why are they trying to appease people who played the game 20 years ago? I'm 20 years older and have seen 20 years of graphical improvement and my tastes have changed. Who are these Halo fans that like Chief looking like a GI Joe action figure? Why not go more realistic and gritty and actually take advantage of 20 years of graphical and artistic improvement? Nostalgia is a stupid thing to chase because it's based on an exaggerated perception of the past. It's an impossible task.

My dream Halo graphics has always been the Starry Night Halo 3 trailer in real time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MapTlW80f6Y

This should be beyond doable. The geometry isn't all that great and the textures are actually low quality. But the subdued colors make the game more gritty. Why is 343 throwing the baby out with the bath water with Halo Infinite? Graphically Halo 4 and 5 were going in the right direction. It was the story and generic characters that sucked.
Halo Infinite looks like Halo CE reimagined in 4K. The game looks like a cartoon. Why? Is Xbox One and Xbox One S holding the game back?

btags

Oct 26, 2017
Gaithersburg MD
Little details that made the MC reveal awesome:
  • How heavy and big the armour felt.
  • The VISR loading with vertical lines like in Halo 3.
  • The classic shield sound.
  • BLACK UNDERSUITS.
  • Space diaper is back.
Not sure if this is confirmed, but others have pointed out that it looks like the reach variant of the assault rifle in the trailer.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. The fuck do I care about some random marine and his wife for? Show me something that should get me excited for the actual game.
If he's the equivalent of For Hammer and brings you around an open world Halo, supplies you, etc then I'd like the side characters to have more characterization. We know that this game is going to be heavily Chief focused, but side characters could be done a lot better and not just in regards to 343i Halo but the franchise as a whole.

Also I don't know how you can say this doesn't feel like Halo when there's a sense of mysticism with what happened with the ring, the music cues, etc.

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
With Scarlett having hardware Ray Tracing just made me thought of something big.....Real time reflections on MC's visor!!

Karthane

Mar 20, 2018
I was really hoping for there to be some situation in which the guy would say "That aint it, Chief."

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Really dissapointed by that trailer.
In my mind I thought we were about to see a tease of maybe 15 seconds of game play when we got the visor view but nope. The whole conference let me down but this was the biggest let down for me.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If he's the equivalent of For Hammer and brings you around an open world Halo, supplies you, etc then I'd like the side characters to have more characterization. We know that this game is going to be heavily Chief focused, but side characters could be done a lot better and not just in regards to 343i Halo but the franchise as a whole.

Also I don't know how you can say this doesn't feel like Halo when there's a sense of mysticism with what happened with the ring, the music cues, etc.
Thats the problem, side characters and focusing on them isnt Halo. I also dont think Halo ever needed to be or needs that. Thats just not what made Halo, Halo. Im not interested in seeing time elapse for this random marine. I'm not interested in his wife or his story. And if you want to make me interested in those things, do so within the context of the released product and not a 2 minute cgi trailer where none of those things would be given enough time to make me care at all. It was a waste of time.

Seeing a halo ring be destroyed for what, the 3rd or 4th time isnt interesting to me either. The music cues are expected. I'm not going to get excited because you played the music cue over events Ive already seen in games and in trailers several times before. What I care about is seeing what this game is about and if its a spiritual reboot, how is it doing so? It was just a boring, uninteresting waste of time. I would have gladly taken actual gameplay from virtually anything else then get another cgi trailer that tells me nothing about your game.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
I mean that seems to be a common complaint here. His armor is too clean especially when it seems like he just went through a large battle.
I think the general idea of the wear and tear on the armor is there. The edges have the paint rubbed off the front chest has a large scuff mark. In Halo 2 there's not the same amount of visual clarity or polygons, things had to be exaggerated to get the point across. What worked might not translate as well with better image quality. Plus I really like the idea of the armor taking cumulative damage throughout the game and you have to start at a baseline to illustrate that change.

What I care about is seeing what this game is about and if its a spiritual reboot, how is it doing so? It was just a boring, uninteresting waste of time. I would have gladly taken actual gameplay from virtually anything else then get another cgi trailer that tells me nothing about your game.

If only we had ~18 more months to see those things. :/

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thats the problem, side characters and focusing on them isnt Halo. I also dont think Halo ever needed to be or needs that. Thats just not what made Halo, Halo. Im not interested in seeing time elapse for this random marine. I'm not interested in his wife or his story. And if you want to make me interested in those things, do so within the context of the released product and not a 2 minute cgi trailer where none of those things would be given enough time to make me care at all. It was a waste of time.

Seeing a halo ring be destroyed for what, the 3rd or 4th time isnt interesting to me either. The music cues are expected. I'm not going to get excited because you played the music cue over events Ive already seen in games and in trailers several times before. What I care about is seeing what this game is about and if its a spiritual reboot, how is it doing so? It was just a boring, uninteresting waste of time. I would have gladly taken actual gameplay from virtually anything else then get another cgi trailer that tells me nothing about your game.

Preach my fellow human!

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom

Articulated my thoughts perfectly.

I was expecting a pure gameplay reveal... that's what many wanted to see. The trailer was badly directed and ill-conceived from the outset, especially considering the demographic who are actually interested in Halo games.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
That last scene with chief in a forerunner structure looks very gameplay-like. I expect that when the camera zooms in on chief you start taking control of him or something.