Oct 26, 2017
tdgm4U9.jpg

Man. I dig this color change someone made to the armor. It doesn't overly dull the green but makes it just look nicer.
They'd be mistaken not to change the shade of green to this ASAP, it's perfect.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
tdgm4U9.jpg

Man. I dig this color change someone made to the armor. It doesn't overly dull the green but makes it just look nicer.
This looks really good, I don't so much mind the current green either but if they changed it to this I'd also be happy.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Smartscope was nice and I wouldnt mind if it came back. It wouldnt disrupt the classic halo gameplay as much as people think.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only one who thought the animations and character models looked weird? There's a Pixar-like quality to it. I wonder if there's going to be a change in tone.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Am I the only one who thought the animations and character models looked weird? There's a Pixar-like quality to it. I wonder if there's going to be a change in tone.

I'd say that they have made everything a little chunkier than on previous games. Interestingly think calls back to the lower polygon original game.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yep. I thought it looked off too. Felt cartoony when I was expecting ultra real. I'm very curious what aesthetic they are going for. I thought 4 and 5 were stunning games with great art direction.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've watched the trailer four times now and I've loved it more on each viewing, its setting a tone that I really hope they follow through on.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I don't see a lot of talk about is the forerunner architecture at the end of the trailer, it no longer looks like the 4 and 5 style. Kinda looks like a mix between CE, CEA, 2 and 3 to me.

Last edited:

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
I have a feeling I'll be zooming in many objects in the game haha I sure hope Theater mode is in so we can take shots like this ingame

Credit to Morgoth Bauglir
D8s0SRJXsAEsB7Z.jpg:large

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think we get a multiplayer beta for this game in December based off a detail in the trailer and what 343 has said in the past.

In the boot up sequence when MC is awoken, you see a few things. The word "believe" is translated from a code, and the date 12.22.19 is at the top right, so I think that's when the beta starts.

Savinowned

Oct 25, 2017
Nashville, TN
Talking about visuals alone, I gotta say I'm not super impressed.

The cutscene looked great, it really did. But I remember seeing early in-game trailers from Xbox & Playstation back in 2012/2013 (stuff like Ryse & inFamous: Second Son) and knowing that these games could not look like this on 360/PS4. This trailer looked like a really good Xbox One X in-game cutscene, not something I've never seen before.

Obviously the Xbox One X came out just two years ago, so I don't mind skipping Scarlett but it just feels weird that the first announced next gen game shown would be something that I think we've seen before.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017

halo-5-guardians-master-chief-1280.jpg

The Halo 4/5 design wasn't bad by any means, I thought it looked quite cool but it did look a little busy and was odd sometimes depending how Chief was posed. To be honest his shoulder armour has always looked a bit weird whatever armour. You might prefer his tank look or athletic second skin suit, both are good although they went bit overkill with his angel thruster wings in 4/5 and the neck chest link.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

The cutscene looked great, it really did. But I remember seeing early in-game trailers from Xbox & Playstation back in 2012/2013 (stuff like Ryse & inFamous: Second Son) and knowing that these games could not look like this on 360/PS4. This trailer looked like a really good Xbox One X in-game cutscene, not something I've never seen before.

Obviously the Xbox One X came out just two years ago, so I don't mind skipping Scarlett but it just feels weird that the first announced next gen game shown would be something that I think we've seen before.
It's a cross gen game, 4k 60fps and has a year and a half left until release.

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ

It's not a nextgen game. It's a current gen game that will be supported/launched with Scarlett

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017

Cross-gen.

Absent

Oct 26, 2017
One thing I don't see a lot of talk about is the forerunner architecture at the end of the trailer, it no longer looks like the 4 and 5 style. Kinda looks like a mix between CE, CEA and 3 to me.
Yep, looks more like Bungie's Aztec aesthetic. Even the small glimpse of movement is like the older games:

animation1pbjtu.gif

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain

I think they should have shown gameplay. It would have been more impressive. But the gsme looks incredible, the levels of details are insane. The lightening is very impressive. I can't wait to see Digital Foundry analysis of it.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You're
No it didn't. And I'm a huge halo purist.

It was largely just an aesthetic thing anyway. Yeah it wasn't great to have parts of the screen obscured but in practice I NEVER once thought "oh man I died because I had smart scope instead of a classic scope"
You're ignoring that it fundamentally altered gameplay. No longer was shooting and moving at top speed a possibility anymore with this but now an additional punishment was added to function of shooting if you didnt ADS (in addition to the movement penalty). To suggest that isnt a huge departure from halo is ridiculous

BIG J

Oct 27, 2017
You're

You're ignoring that it fundamentally altered gameplay. No longer was shooting and moving at top speed a possibility anymore with this but now an additional punishment was added to function of shooting if you didnt ADS (in addition to the movement penalty). To suggest that isnt a huge departure from halo is ridiculous
ads didnt restrict movement and accuracy (for the most part) was same, whether ads or not

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're

You clearly have not played Halo 5 or don';t remember it.

There was no functional change in movement when aiming unless maybe you are talking about stabilizers while ADS. I made that shit manual ASAP, and it was actually useful in traversal and combat.

Sprint was the bigger offender.

ads didnt restrict movement and accuracy (for the most part) was same, whether ads or not

It tightened your spread, but thats been the case for every scoped gun in the franchise.

BIG J

Oct 27, 2017

There was no functional change in movement when aiming unless maybe you are talking about stabilizers while ADS. I made that shit manual ASAP, and it was actually useful in traversal and combat.

It tightened your spread, but thats been the case for every scoped gun in the franchise.
thats why i said pretty much.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

In order to ads you had to stop sprinting, which meant punishing movement in order to shoot. That is more of a product of sprint but in order to ads and get a tighter spread you had to stop moving at top speed. In the previous halos assault rifles had no scope or ads, there was no penalty for shooting. That's not the casein 5 as not adsing means a punishment to spread.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
The only explanation you need for the armor is that Chief is getting old and that space diaper is vital to his... performance in the field.

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
I haven't played a Halo game since Halo 3 so my lore knowledge is lacking at the moment. I know that there are multiple Halos. What's the total number though? Is it one per solar system? One per Galaxy? A different number entirely?

In terms of Halo's function, I thought a Halo was designed to rid a solar system (or galaxy) of all sentient life if a Flood threat couldn't be contained? Aren't the flood wiped out as of Halo 3? Is there a good lore synopsis I can read lol?

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
I haven't played a Halo game since Halo 3 so my lore knowledge is lacking at the moment. I know that there are multiple Halos. What's the total number though? Is it one per solar system? One per Galaxy? A different number entirely?

In terms of Halo's function, I thought a Halo was designed to rid a solar system (or galaxy) of all sentient life if a Flood threat couldn't be contained? Aren't the flood wiped out as of Halo 3? Is there a good lore synopsis I can read lol?

Originally 7 rings + the Ark which manufactures the rings.

Installation 4 was destroyed in Halo 1.
Installation 5 was in Halo 2.
The Ark makes Installation 8 in Halo 3 to replace Installation 4. Installation 8 is destroyed in Halo 3.
Installation 3 was in Halo 4.
Installation 9 is made by the Ark to replace Installation 8. Anders arrives there at the end of Halo Wars 2.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In order to ads you had to stop sprinting, which meant punishing movement in order to shoot. That is more of a product of sprint but in order to ads and get a tighter spread you had to stop moving at top speed. In the previous halos assault rifles had no scope or ads, there was no penalty for shooting. That's not the casein 5 as not adsing means a punishment to spread.

Even so if you were sprinting while equiped with weapons that have zoom functions like the sniper rifle, BR, ect. you couldn't sprint while zoomed in regarding Reach and Halo 4 either. Functionally ADS is no different in Halo 5.

Last edited:

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Even so if you were sprinting while equiped with weapons that have zoom functions like the sniper rifle, BR, ect. you couldn't sprint while zoomed in in in Reach and Halo 4 either. Functionally ADS is no different in Halo 5.
And it was equally as problematic in this games too, just more so in 5.