Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Some of things don't feel very Halo-y with the art direction established as a return to form for Infinite, like these very post-apocalyptic looking helmets. But I kinda like them regardless?

So glad they found time for this but couldn't be bothered to have co-op for launch.

Smooth brain take here.

105-Shake

Aug 13, 2020
People really hung up on the snowman, when it'll probably just be for a 2 week limited time mode in december

Pennybags

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Bet the snowman helmet is for a limited time mode or something. That one seems a bit too out there for normal use.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
I hope we get some IP crossovers in Infinite's customization.

I would love an N7 Breather helmet to go along with that armor coat that looks like it has the N7 stripe
Halo-Infinite-Armor-Coating-Mass-Effect-N7-Armor-Reference.jpg

Or Doom. Or Samus from Metroid.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
of course it's not their fault. my criticism was aimed at their leadership and product decisions, not the people doing the actual work on the helmets.

Things like the customization vanity options that will go into the battle passes are what pay the developers over the 3-5+ year development of these live service type games. These are completely separate development teams from the people working on getting the campaign out the door.

We have literally never had an open world Halo game with campaign co-op but it's safe to say no decision regarding the art team working on customization options has impacted co op in the campaign.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I'm generally in favor of the customization system. I feel like I'm in the minority when I say this, but I feel like previous iterations made the customizations easy to gloss over.

I'm not a huge fan of the silly stuff like Snowman-helm, but I would survive if it was just available to wear for a limited time.

what I would like to see is custom kill animations. No not assassinations, but things like "grunt birthday party" if you get a headshot kill. I could live with an enemy turning into a snowman if I get a perfect kill or something. I think that would be better than having snowmen helmets because the animation would only have to render for the player who got the kill.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Some people in this thread:

tAgBSSo.jpeg
Wanting a game to look aesthetically pleasing is not an unreasonable ask. Most games are already judged based on how cohesive the art style is. I understand the appeal of silly cosmetics, but I also find them to be incredibly obnoxious after a certain point.

It's frustrating how this is an expected thing in all MP games these days.

TheVoidDragon

Jan 16, 2018
Some of things don't feel very Halo-y with the art direction established as a return to form for Infinite, like these very post-apocalyptic looking helmets. But I kinda like them regardless?

A few of them are definitely something where they just don't seem to fit the art style, but in a different way to how Halo 4 / 5s stuff didn't fit. They still look great and I very much like them, but if I had to guess what this was from:

Found Jun's account. ;)

palf5m0mj6j71.jpg

Halo would have been one of my last guesses. Both the colour and the style of it seem quite out of place, it comes across as more of a Dieselpunk style sci-fi or like it would fit in with something like Wolfenstein far more than Halo.

shan780

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
UK
I hope the customization in this doesn't go the way of tf2, where the aesthetic of the game was totally ruined by new cosmetics that totally break the art style and theme. I really don't want that snowman helmet to be a full time thing

I didn't play much of 4 or 5, but I liked the customization in Reach quite a bit. hopefully it's more along those lines

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Some of these are cool, but I hope the notably weird stuff like the snowman one is just for a short seasonal side mode and not something you normally actually equip. Being able to turn off the goofier options is a band aid that can only be so effective.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
I hope we get some IP crossovers in Infinite's customization.

I would love an N7 Breather helmet to go along with that armor coat that looks like it has the N7 stripe
Halo-Infinite-Armor-Coating-Mass-Effect-N7-Armor-Reference.jpg

Or Doom. Or Samus from Metroid.

Fortnite couldn't even get Samus during the Bounty Hunter event, not a chance, lmao.

samurai1226

Dec 11, 2017
People should realize that you can't put any helmet on any armor anymore. The customization is split in "Armor cores". So the classic Reach armors can only be put on the classic looking armor core. The samurai style armor is confirmed to be another core we get for free at launch. From the picture I would guess the steampunk looking stuff will be another armor core. If you want to mix these armors, you just can't.

While I really like a lot of these leaked helmets, it's absolutely frustrating why 343i decided to restrict them so much. Want some nice steampunk style shoulders, samurai legs and classic Halo helmet? Nope, not possible.

DanielG123

Jul 14, 2020
I guess ya'll thought that Hayabusa (which is beautiful btw), fit in with perfectly Halo's aesthetic. Goofy stuff like this isn't too new to the franchise.

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
A bunch of these look great. A few of them look very dumb.

I'll stick with the ones that look great and dunk on the folks who choose the ones that look dumb. It's a non-issue.

Apr 30, 2019
Please let me turn off these goofy designs and only see spartan armor in game! This has me seriously worried. Probably won't even look like Halo after a year.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
These are heads and shoulders above 4 and 5. Hell these are better than Bungie era permutations too

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
We might just get this:

giphy.gif

Hoping for as much dumb shit to get in for those True Gamer™ tears 😭

Please let me turn off these goofy designs and only see spartan armor in game! This has me seriously worried. Probably won't even look like Halo after a year.

people need to get with the times and learn to love these cosmetics

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You have pizza on your guns, this isn't exactly crazy, just more options, very weird and out of sorts I agree but Fortnite proves people love random and known shit to express themselves. Don't think we can escape it.

So about those ponchos….

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of wacky helmets like the snowman one, just feels jarring compared to the rest. Feel like it could work if they made it an actual snowman helmet though.

This was inevitable with F2P and free map models. I just hope we can turn certain things off. Halo Reach has the super annoying "Pinata" death explosion and it really, really sucks because it was so common.

I'm expecting helmets, death effects, intro/outro poses, etc. They will go all in.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
So glad they found time for this but couldn't have co-op for launch.

Ahh yes because the 3D modelers and texture artists are clearly to blame for the Campaign team not being able to figure out a good way to do the open world co op campaign.

And even if you want to shift blame to management, you want them to tell the 3D modelers and texture artists stop what you are doing and help the scripting/programming team with the co op campaign?

I dont understand what this post is trying to prove?

Artists keep getting the short straw.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
What the fuck lol, if you showed me these without context Halo would be verrry low on my list of guesses as to where they came from

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
That is a great selection of helmets. All noticeably different and I would wear all of them.

Jul 14, 2018
Philadelphia
Not a big fan of the goofy cosmetic trend every shooter follows now, but at least these ones are clearly readable and not cluttered like 4 and 5. Makes me worried that every Spartan is going to be animated neon-pink with constant armor effects by the time the game is a few months old, like how Modern Warfare now is a mess of Billys from Saw running around with anime assault rifles.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
These are heads and shoulders above 4 and 5. Hell these are better than Bungie era permutations too

The simple existence of Hayabusa means you are wrong:
latest

b27e3ea951c0b52c52a145518fe5be25.jpg

You are not wrong tho.
Most helmets were trash.
I haven't liked any of 343's helmet designs since 4, and that doesn't look like it'll change.

You say that as if outside of ODST(and its variants) and like the Mark xxx.
Halo ever had actually good Helmets
343 atleast had a number you could choose from that were decent.

Even reach had a limited number of good helmets:
fb6999d191e792f46adb275837e8df57.jpg

Halo 3
1449833458_d695f75209_o.gif

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
LMAO at some of the people actively worried about these

Loving that they're opening up the customization more. People love their cosmetics and these look to give a lot of cool, new options