• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Tonight's the night everyone!

Get ready for OT2... in which the first 10 or so pages will all be people complaining about their download speeds of the Campaign as we are unable to preload it.
Well here we are... 20,000 posts in the OT before the campaign even launches.

I'm super excited to discuss the campaign with you all later this week! Until then I'll be doing 6 daily multiplayer missions as I have no other challenges left to push me to get XP. I'm also almost done with the Battle Pass, with only purchasing the Battle Past (progresses you to level 25) but hoping to grind out more content with the upcoming events they have planned for us.

As we're now over 20,000 posts the current plans for the OT going forward are:
  • Lock this OT at 5:30pm GMT/UTC on Wednesday 8th December ( will ping mods/previously discussed with Jawmuncher )
  • Launch OT2 at the same time which is 30 minutes before the campaign launches worldwide at 6pm GMT/UTC.
  • Link to/support a "Spoiler Thread" for open spoilers discussing the campaign.
Countdown to OT2 Posting: Dec 8, 2021 at 12:30 PM
Countdown to Halo Infinite Campaign Release: Dec 8, 2021 at 1:00 PM

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
Question.

For the campaign preload using the microsoft store do you need the high resolution pack or is that only for the multiplatyer?

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Its like the game is usain bolt but he just stubbed a toe before the 100 meter dash.
lol accurate
TIL I can't use a weapon skin, and the death animation together.... yay that totally makes sense.
What the hell.. So that fire effect you unlock can't be used while having a weapon skin on?
Is the theatre mode in A working state now?

Edit. Forgot. It's in 6 hours lol
It'll be a miracle if Theater works in a Halo game again.

We haven't had a functional Theater since Reach.

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I'm over here sweating my ass off in ranked but it doesn't matter because Mr. Negative 10+ thinks he should be attempting to slay instead of grabbing the ball.

My brain when I have 1 min+ of ball time, 2 overkills, 4 triples, 10 doubles - 48 kills / 26 deaths and we still lose.

s-752343628a784d6a10e55c24e35f5a6198f05538.gif

I still enjoy ranked a lot but I have seen games that could have easily been won if one or two idiots had touched the ball at least few times.

The challenges should really be adjusted to reward players who play the objectives.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
What the hell.. So that fire effect you unlock can't be used while having a weapon skin on?

I'm assuming that's referring to a weapon kit (like the esports team stuff), which doesn't let you tweak it at all or else it goes away. Add a weapon charm? Nope! Same with armor kits like the Reach skins that don't let you use the armor effects.

It is an absolutely god awful system that I don't believe a human being gave the okay to.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Having no new maps until potentially may (season 1 end) is something I can't fathom. As much as I am hooked on the MP, the lack of maps is already showing and especially for BTB.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm assuming that's referring to a weapon kit (like the esports team stuff), which doesn't let you tweak it at all or else it goes away. Add a weapon charm? Nope! Same with armor kits like the Reach skins that don't let you use the armor effects.

It is an absolutely god awful system that I don't believe a human being gave the okay to.

It's absolutely absurd. I was already mad about the armor but thought I could understand some kind of reasoning, but with a death effect on a gun skin? Wtf is the point of that?!

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
lol accurate

It'll be a miracle if Theater works in a Halo game again.

We haven't had a functional Theater since Reach.
wel thats sad to know. i hope at least the fix is i don't have to restart the game each time i view a replay due to xbox privacy bug.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I swear to god I want to know what the weights are to game types in playlists. I've played for two days straight and have gotten 1 slayer match between all three playlists. I have like 4 weeklies involving slayer right now.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
I swear to god I want to know what the weights are to game types in playlists. I've played for two days straight and have gotten 1 slayer match between all three playlists. I have like 4 weeklies involving slayer right now.

They have a solution for that is called challenge swaps. BUY SOME HALO SPACE BUCKS TO SOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS THAT 343 CREATED.

:|

Last edited:

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
On controller. When the bar on the bottom of the screen turns blue and it says connecting to game, hit the select button. When on the Fireteam scream it'll show the map and mode you are loading into. If you dont like what you see, hit X on that screen and you'll cancel matchmaking. Then just search again and repeat until you get the mode you need.

Makes it really fast to get the game mode you need.
They have a solution for that is called challenge swaps. BUY SOME HALO SPACE BUCKS TO SOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS THAT 343 CREATED.

:|
Save your money and do the above.

:)

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
On controller. When the bar on the bottom of the screen turns blue and it says connecting to game, hit the select button. When over your Fireteam itll show the map and mode you are loading into. If you dont like what you see, hit X on that screen and you'll cancel matchmaking.

I think you make out better buying Rockstar energy drinks and getting challenge swaps and do from them than buying directly from 343. Lol

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone that's looked at the secret campaign achievements tell me any missable ones? Don't want to look myself due to spoilers.

Dreaver

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope we get a playlist update... and hopefully more maps. But that's wishful thinking I guess.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Had to burn 4 swaps because it kept giving me absurd shit like chain electrocuting 4 people, until it finally landed on one of just 50 kills with any weapon.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Would I be insane to buy a full $60 copy of this just to have it in hand and have a steelbook even though I've got Game Pass Ultimate and don't necessarily have to pay a dime to pay and enjoy everything today?

FULLY AWARE THAT THE GAME ISNT EVEN ON THE DISC!?

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Would I be insane to buy a full $60 copy of this just to have it in hand and have a steelbook even though I've got Game Pass Ultimate and don't necessarily have to pay a dime to pay and enjoy everything today?

FULLY AWARE THAT THE GAME ISNT EVEN ON THE DISC!?
It's what I'm doing lol.
Needed that steelbook lol. Goes with all my other Halo steelbooks.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
> By the summer of 2019, Halo Infinite was in crisis mode. The studio decided to cut almost two-thirds of the entire planned game, leaving managers to instruct some designers to come to the office and do nothing while the studio figured out the next move. Eventually the game's open world was cut back from a vast, Zelda-like experience into something far smaller. It soon become clear to some on the team that, even with the compromises, getting Halo Infinite into decent shape by the following fall would be impossible. Still, the timing of the release didn't seem up for discussion. Microsoft told 343 that it had to be a launch game for the next Xbox, which meant releasing it in November 2020.

Jan 27, 2020
Washington, DC
Reading this right now, fascinating stuff - development was more all over the place than I thought tbh.

Yeah me too. It's pretty crazy that it seems to have turned out as well as it did. Hopefully now they can smooth out some of the niggling tech things DF pointed out.

I think the more restrained choice vis a vis the "open world" they went with is far better than doing a Far Cry or something.

Goldbob

Sep 21, 2020
I got lucky and have six easy challenges in a row that can be done in bot bootcamp, if I pop an xp boost it'll add up to five levels in six quick games with the daily challenges.

ty rockstar

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
Tonight's the night everyone!

Get ready for OT2... in which the first 10 or so pages will all be people complaining about their download speeds of the Campaign as we are unable to preload it.

Can't wait to find out what the thread title will be.

Oct 27, 2017
Having no new maps until potentially may (season 1 end) is something I can't fathom. As much as I am hooked on the MP, the lack of maps is already showing and especially for BTB.
the game will be dead by then if thats the case... wouldnt be bad if all but 3 of the new maps are good. the rest are meh to shit at best.. the game is really fun but 10 maps of which only 3 are good maps is really bad.. not even playlists will save it after 6 months of the same shit... :/

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Yeah me too. It's pretty crazy that it seems to have turned out as well as it did. Hopefully now they can smooth out some of the niggling tech things DF pointed out.

I think the more restrained choice vis a vis the "open world" they went with is far better than doing a Far Cry or something.
What I think might be interesting is 343's approach to future content, especially to future single player/co-op content. We could see them continue Chief's story every few years but we could also see them do stories usually kept to spin-off titles in Infinite too. Letting you control different characters in the Universe, showing their time on Zeta Halo; which I do think we'll see more of and other open world sections of further down the line.

What I think we'll all experience today with the Campaign is the foundation for all that. An extremely solid gameplay sandbox with what will feel like an unfinished story - an act 1 of sorts. We'll see Multiplayer grow and evolve a lot more before we hear about any further expansions to Halo Infinite but by the time we're in Season 2 of Multiplayer I think we can expect to hear some of these future plans a little more clearly.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if there will be a playlist update for the MP when the game launches? The MP feels a bit barebones right now.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Reading this right now, fascinating stuff - development was more all over the place than I thought tbh.

That sounds a lot like what happened to the first Destiny. Where they just scrambled together what they had to make a working game. Definitely explains the lack of biomes. I assume the much bigger world was going to be more diverse.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017

- 343's tool set, Faber, was so difficult to use that they spent months considering a switch to Unreal. (They didn't)
- The game was delayed multiple times. One early plan was to release multiplayer in 2019 and campaign in 2020

There was leak about the Unreal change last year.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
On controller. When the bar on the bottom of the screen turns blue and it says connecting to game, hit the select button. When on the Fireteam scream it'll show the map and mode you are loading into. If you dont like what you see, hit X on that screen and you'll cancel matchmaking. Then just search again and repeat until you get the mode you need.

Don't think this works on pc unless I'm missing something. Doesn't show the gametype on the fireteam menu until the game starts loading and then the cancel matchmaking goes away. I could be missing something though.

Status
Not open for further replies.