• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Main OT Post
  • iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
    England
    3ASi7fl.gif

sTHIfTJ.gif

U2Sa0fC.png

MggiwhV.png

1LnQmo5.gif

zSKcp8e.png

HRhwTaw.png

AnNbjn6.png

e9aPYdG.gif

LZAIS9H.png

9sv6m7U.png

ImS29tT.png

kmlarW5.gif

dkv8eRs.png

lQVsbTY.png

LMc34GU.gif

yCWiWs7.png

oSRyKD0.gif

Last edited:
    Text Only OT
  • OP
    OP
    iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
    England
    geF7oHF.png

Text only OT

BUCLkMY.png

General Information
    CuUIbe2.png

Release Date: November 15th - Multiplayer | December 8th - Campaign
    Developer: 343 Industries
    Publisher: Xbox Game Studios
    Genres: First-person shooter
    Modes: Single-player, multiplayer
    Free to Play: Multiplayer (Campaign paid for)
    Platforms: PC | Xbox One | Xbox Series X|S
    Availble on the Windows Store and Steam on PC
    Included with Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Game Pass on PC

The Story
    CuUIbe2.png

Welcome to Zeta Halo, home to countless forerunner mysteries and now a battlefield for UNSC and Banished forces. Wake up again as the legendary SPARTAN-II Master Chief Petty Officer John-117 and put boots on the Halo ring to quell the Banished occupation.

UNSC
    The United Nations Space Command (UNSC), is the military, exploratory, and scientific agency of the Unified Earth Government. They are the major Human faction in the Halo Universe and the faction of which The Master Chief is a part of. Before the events of Halo Infinite, the UNSC forces already present on Zeta Halo were defeated by the Banished who arrived on the ring.

THE BANISHED
    The Banished are a mercenary faction that broke away from the Covenant Empire. Led by Atriox but the Banished contingent on Zeta Halo are under the command of a Brute War Chief called Escharum. The Banished are made up of a number of alien races, such as Brutes, Elites, Hunters, Grunts, Jackals, Hunters and others.

THE CREATED

The Created are a faction of rogue artificial intelligences founded by Cortana and the Warden Eternal. They believe themselves to be the rightful Reclaimers instead of Humanity. Their goal is to assume the Mantle of Responsibility with the help of Guardians and Promethean forces they have requisitioned.

Other new foes also call Zeta Halo home, such as the Shock Rifle wielding Skimmers and the mysterious Harbinger. As the Master Chief, set foot on another Halo ring along with your new AI companion "The Weapon" and face foes old and new.

Campaign Gameplay
    CuUIbe2.png

When all hope is lost and humanity's fate hangs in the balance, the Master Chief is ready to confront the most ruthless foe he's ever faced. Step inside the armour of humanity's greatest hero to experience an epic adventure & explore the massive scale of the Halo ring.

EXPLORE
    Throughout the campaign of Halo Infinite, you'll be able to explore huge areas of Zeta Halo and tackle a variety of tasks aside from the main story. These taskscan vary from tackling challenging members of the Banished to capturing Forward Operating Bases (FOBs). Divert from the main path to your next objective and discover weapon caches and more to give you the edge in your next mission.

BATTLE
    Wield classic Halo weaponry as you face the Banished on the surface of Zeta Halo. Classics return such as the Battle Rifle and Needler,
    while new weapons like the Commando and Skewer allow for new ways to take out foes. All of this, mixed together with vehicles such as the Warthog and Ghost make Halo Infinite a game where you can approach encounters in a vast number of ways.

UPGRADE
    Completing missions and various objectives on Zeta Halo will give you various rewards, once such rewards are Spartan Cores. These allow you to upgrade different systems of Master Chief's Mjolnir Armor such as the Shields, Thrusters and even new attachments can be upgraded with electrifying results such as the Grappleshot.

At launch Halo Infinite's campaign will only be playable alone (Single Player) but 343 have said Co-op will be coming in roughly 3 months after launch.

Multiplayer
    CuUIbe2.png

Your story, your Spartan. Halo's celebrated multiplayer returns, reimagined and free to play! Seasonal updates evolve the experience over time with unique events, new modes and maps, and community-focused content.

A new introduction to the Halo Universe via a training acemedy will ease new and returning players into the gameplay of Halo Ininite, led by Spartan Commander Laurette Agryna. Additional training modes will let you fight against bots and practice your skills with specific weapons in timed trials.

ARENA
    Halo returns to its roots with fair starts, on-map equipment, and 4-player squads to offer the ultimate arena-shooter experience.

BIG TEAM BATTLE
    Create endless combat possibilities by mixing and matching a rich variety of weapons, vehicles and equipment to experience big-team mayhem and fun that embraces the full spectrum of the Halo sandbox.

Additional features such as Theatre mode return to allow for post-game replays and cinematic filming of your favorite moments. Custom games with friends, in which you can control the settings, maps and more returns as well. Forge Mode will not be available in Halo Infinite at launch but is due ~6 months after launch. Expect a slew of community made maps soon after.

Multiplayer Customization
    CuUIbe2.png

As you progress through Halo Infinite's multiplayer, you'll gain XP and progress through a Battle Pass. You'll unlock a slew of different armor options, coatings, weapon skins, vehicle skins and more to give your Spartan a unique flare.

Halo Infinite boats a huge amount of armor customization options:

Armor Core
    This changes the base armor/suit for your Spartan and allows you to use different sets of armor. In Season 1 of Halo Infinite you will have access to the Mark VII [Halo Infinite], Mark V(B) [Reach] and Yoroi [Samurai] cores all with different costmetic armors you can unlock.

Armor Coating
    A new color system for Halo Infinite, it allows for more unique seperation of colors across the armor such as one arm being red or adding additional colors for more detail.

Helmet
    A vast array of brand new and old favorite helmets return for you to earn and equip.

Other elements of customization are gloves, shoulders, kneepads and visor colors. Giving you a large amount of options to make your Spartan unique to you.

Battle Pass
    CuUIbe2.png

All players of Halo Infinite will get access to the Battle Pass. For all tiers of the Battle Pass it will need to be purchased but you can always purchase it in the future or apply future seasons XP to any Battle Pass to still progress in it and get its rewards at any time.

The initial Season 1 Battle Pass of Halo Infinite will allow all players to claim emblems, visor colors, weapon attachments and a selection of armor pieces. Players with the paid version of the Battle Pass will get even more of the above including Seasonally themed gear; for Season 1 specifically, this includes a huge slew of Halo Reach armor for the Mark V core.

What's Next?
    CuUIbe2.png

With the surprise early release of Multiplayer on November 15th, everyone can now experience the Free To Play Multiplayer well before the campaign releases on December 8th. This means the first season "Heroes of Reach" is live and you can start earning rewards from the Battle Pass now.

Looking to the future we expect the multiplayer of Halo Infinite to have special 'Fracture' events starting as early as November 23rd - this first one being known as "Tenrai" which alludes to the possibility of getting the Samurai inspired armor for you Multiplayer Spartan.

Next, we'd be looking forward to the Campaign release which is only single player to begin with but co-operative modes should arrive in early 2022. With the release of the campaign you can expect more links to multiplayer unlocks by doing challenges and finding secrets in Infinite's campaign.

We also know that later in 2022 we can expect Forge Mode to be released for all players.

Media
    CuUIbe2.png

Video 1 - Halo Infinite Launch Trailer --COMING SOON--
    Video 2 - Halo Infinite | Campaign Overview
    Video 3 - Halo Infinite Competitive Settings Reveal
    Video 4 - Halo Infinite | Multiplayer Season 1 Cinematic Intro

OT created by iFirez

BUCLkMY.png

A message from the OT creator
    Well here we are, almost 500 days after I originally claimed the Halo Infinite OT (when it was originally scheduled for a Holiday 2020 release) it is finally here. I started sketching ideas and making notes for this OT well over a year ago now and the actual design phase has been in production for the better part of 3-4 months now. I really wanted to make something that felt uniquely Halo Infinite - not just Halo - but something that leaned into the UI and aesthetic of Infinite. Oh, and lets not forget the fact I've had to get this prepped for an early November 15th release as I still wanted to do the full OT, even if just the multiplayer was launching.

I've been a Halo fan since the late 90s, after watching Marathon being played on a Mac in a library and hearing about Bungie's next "third person shooter". I was then a Halo Custom Edition map maker for many years, making maps on PC - I even revisited the hobby in 2017. I jumped at the chance of claiming this OT because I love the franchise so much and have hope in Infinite being an amazing platform for Halo for the years to come. I'm excited to jump in with you all very soon after this OT is posted! I hope you all like the design of the OT, I tried a few new things in it, such as the Banished taking over the Story/Gameplay images for the campaign - if you wait on them long enough they should change. I've also tried to capture the main top level elements that make up Halo Infinite at launch.

Shoutout to the usual parade talented of fellow OT creators: vestan, Aurc, Xavi … and, I know many of you haven't posted big OTs in recent months (like me) or sparingly so in the recent months, but I am excited for what you all do next. A special shoutout to Kindekuma and their Metroid Dread OT which rules and also Arubedo for their Scarlet Nexus OT from the summer which was awesome! Also, I couldn't forget to give a mention to Kratos2013 for their OT Title Suggestion of "Comeback Evolved" which handedly won the voting poll for OT titles; the results of which you can see here.

I guess I'll take this moment to preemptively announce my retirement from posting OTs, 2 more to go. I'll be posting the God of War PC OT followed up by a collab OT for Elden Ring with vestan and then that'll be it. Elden Ring will be my final OT… so in the words of one Sargent Johnson… "Send me out… with a bang" and I plan on doing that with the Elden Ring OT. It has been an honor to post OTs these last few years but this Halo Infinite OT is the beginning of the end for me and was originally going to be my final OT, but I am glad to be able to showcase GoWPC and ER as OTs before I hang up my OT design hat forever. For all the people on the fence about claiming and posting OTs... DO IT! I have enjoyed making all of the OTs I've done so much and my very first OT for Anthem ended up helping me get a job in the games industry (which I've been in for 3 years now). I'll no doubt post a more indepth message with the Elden Ring OT but until then...

See you all on the battlefield Spartans.

Last edited:
    Game has gone gold + global release times
  • OP
    OP
    iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
    England

This is pretty disappointing for me as I was hoping to play the game all day and all thursday before I move house on the Friday. But the game doesn't come out now until 6pm on the Wednesday - that sucks.

Launch Countdown Timers + 20,000 posts
  • OP
    OP
    iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
    England
    Well here we are... 20,000 posts in the OT before the campaign even launches.

I'm super excited to discuss the campaign with you all later this week! Until then I'll be doing 6 daily multiplayer missions as I have no other challenges left to push me to get XP. I'm also almost done with the Battle Pass, with only purchasing the Battle Past (progresses you to level 25) but hoping to grind out more content with the upcoming events they have planned for us.

As we're now over 20,000 posts the current plans for the OT going forward are:
    • Lock this OT at 5:30pm GMT/UTC on Wednesday 8th December ( will ping mods/previously discussed with Jawmuncher )
    • Launch OT2 at the same time which is 30 minutes before the campaign launches worldwide at 6pm GMT/UTC.
    • Link to/support a "Spoiler Thread" for open spoilers discussing the campaign.
    Countdown to OT2 Posting: Dec 8, 2021 at 12:30 PM
    Countdown to Halo Infinite Campaign Release: Dec 8, 2021 at 1:00 PM

Status
    Not open for further replies.