nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Considering Warzone in Halo 5 was the most popular playlist, it should have been obvious for Infinite to push even more into PvPvE and casual fun/chaos but for obscure reasons they went the opposite direction with an obsession for PvP, esport, competitive and an overly static sandbox.

I strongly disagree with your final sentence, but I super agree with this.

The inescapable undertow of 343 trying to make fetch happen with Halo being a hardcore Esports game just reaks of "who asked?"

Or hear me out… I've been consistent on this…

Infinite is just a shitty Halo game :0

"Taking the piss mate"

Bring back Armor Lock

As a replacement for weapons.

You can move, slide, grapple, melee and armor lock. That's it.

Thank youuu. The Halo community at large seems to cope so hard with excuses for why Halo isn't an all-star anymore despite Infinite's good gameplay. "It didn't have Forge or a lot of modes at launch! That's why the population dipped!".

Dudes, it wouldn't matter if 343 launched a perfect Halo 3 2 with plenty of maps, Forge, modes, and campaign co-op. People in general just don't seem to care for Halo's gameplay anymore. The Halo purists would love and praise it, but I highly doubt we'd see a surging 250k+ population like the Halo 3 days.

Perhaps a scorching hot take: If Halo 3 released today, it would not be the juggernaut multiplayer title it was in 2007. Tastes have changed massively overall. Kids and teens are on Fortnite now, they don't care about 4v4 BR starts.

Maybe I'm just jaded after 12 years of Halo's decline. I'd love to be proven wrong by 343 and to see Halo become gigantic again, really.

That's a room temperature take for anyone who is being realistic.

You kept it real Milk ✊🏻

And I can tell you that I'm not optimistic anymore since CA's project is dead or has mostly been taken away from them.

This really hurts too. I have big time faith in Max :/

Halo needs spin-offs.

Hard to drum up excitement about a franchise where:

1) There are multiple years between games
2) Every single 343 game is riddled with unnecessarily controversial decisions
3) Expectations for that one big game are overwhelming
4) Games are incomplete and buggy
5) The TV series tries to cater to non Halo fans

We need more developers on different Halo games. More production studios working on separate Halo media. All of it.

Everyone should spawn with it too.

Balance.
🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
Probably not a good look when one of the highest profile Halo players out there makes a video like this.

View: https://youtu.be/ZgBH8Z9yR2c?si=JfIEyxSRetJDzlgJ

As a complete aside, he brings up the MCC as something 343 just "walked away from", but like... they spent a decade on it, first bugfixes then a glut of new Halo 3 skins (and some other stuff, but mostly Halo 3 skins), even ignoring bringing over ODST and Reach as DLC. Like I know they wound it down recently, but winding down development on your ten year old collection of games that range from fifteen to twenty-five years old isn't really just dumping the game and leaving.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Yeah, I think MCC is in a pretty good spot. The only major addition they could add which would be amazing is what ELDewrito did with mod support that automatically downloads the mod for you when joining a custom game. There's probably dozens of other fixes that could be done too but unless they added microtransactions to the game the development was going to dry up anyway. I think Mint Blitz made a recent video detailing everything he'd like to see if 343 did one last update to the game.

Adding H5 with a proper PC port would be amazing too but probably not happening anytime soon, if ever.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
As a complete aside, he brings up the MCC as something 343 just "walked away from", but like... they spent a decade on it, first bugfixes then a glut of new Halo 3 skins (and some other stuff, but mostly Halo 3 skins), even ignoring bringing over ODST and Reach as DLC. Like I know they wound it down recently, but winding down development on your ten year old collection of games that range from fifteen to twenty-five years old isn't really just dumping the game and leaving.
fr we're talking about a game that is generally sold for $10, $20 at most, and has no other monetization. Infinite sells $30 armor every month

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
Wait, so The Exchange is mostly formerly time-sensitive stuff from past seasons/events? Because that's my understanding (I somehow missed when it was announced). If so, that's kind of cool.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so The Exchange is mostly formerly time-sensitive stuff from past seasons/events? Because that's my understanding (I somehow missed when it was announced). If so, that's kind of cool.
It's old weekly capstones and some other stuff.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
It's old weekly capstones and some other stuff.

Oh right, that's what the things are that show I already own them, though I think some of it is old battle pass/event pass stuff, too. I'm also seeing the Platinum Anniversary stuff and the I Love Bees stuff, which I believe were free stuff from just logging in on the first week of launch. That probably explains why some of the weapon skins are suddenly available for all weapons now.

Btw, are weekly Ultimate rewards just gonna be Spartan Points now? I kinda liked some of the old weekly Ultimate rewards, but they mentioned that The Exchange would also feature new stuff, so I'm guessing anything that would have been a new weekly Ultimate reward will show up there, anyway.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
that Cody dude shows up in my feed all the time and he's annoying as fuck. always gotta chime in with his 2c on everything. not even a halo/game thing either.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I bought the bundle

star-wars-anakin-skywalker.png

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017

Lol I get it but the game was ultimately about the Banished, not the Endless.

Infinite ultimately being a big teaser for a new, bigger threat was deeply unsatisfying.
Tbf people wanted the covenant to return and be front and center, and they got it with Infinite.

Sure they could have fleshed out the Endless more, but they obviously didn't want to go all in after what happened with the Prometheans.

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Tbf people wanted the covenant to return and be front and center, and they got it with Infinite.

Sure they could have fleshed out the Endless more, but they obviously didn't want to go all in after what happened with the Prometheans.
I like having a new mysterious enemy mixed in that could lead to something greater, but they've done this before and 343's track record between games continuing story threads hasn't been great, so there's a lack of confidence.

Either way, I'm interested.

Zeouter

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
Seriously, took 20 minutes searching in Corrosion 24/7 [top playlist] and Quickplay for me to get a match.

I disagree, and it's not like the Banished don't suffer from a similar issue, a super-strong faction that came out of nowhere.
In the first mainline game with the Banished, we're actually setting up the real threat, the Endless, and it ends on a cliffhanger after a midboss fight with the singular example of them?

It's a well worn topic at this stage anyway.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
Seriously, took 20 minutes searching in Corrosion 24/7 [top playlist] and Quickplay for me to get a match.

I've run into a bug where I'll get into a match, but then I get stuck on the pre-game "look at where the important stuff is" tour. It's happened on two separate days, and both times, I waited about a minute before I quit out. I don't suppose that was part of your issue as well?

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
343 definitely needs to add an SP per match system. I like Green's idea of implementing Reach's slot machine system where you could randomly get anywhere from 5 SP up to 50 SP per match or something like that.

For me, I hit Hero so XP is meaningless again, I completed the weekly challenges in an hour because they are laughably easy, and I finished the Banished operation in 2 days because grinding 20 tiers with double XP boosts is a joke, so I'm back to having nothing to grind for after playing my one match per day for the 250 SP.

At least with an SP per match system I'd actually have a feeling of doing something.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
When I learned the Needler thing wasn't available for all helmets I stopped worrying about grinding for it.

But these folks over at 343 did figure something out. There might be something I want in a future Exchange refresh. So I better start saving up now. If you miss a single day, that's 250SP you won't be able to earn again.

So I gotta do my 1 match per day for that SP. I don't play much of matchmaking. But I gotta do that one in case some 50k item comes in the future I need to hoard that SP cash.

And I gotta do my weeklies.

I dunno if I like this.

Zeouter

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
I've run into a bug where I'll get into a match, but then I get stuck on the pre-game "look at where the important stuff is" tour. It's happened on two separate days, and both times, I waited about a minute before I quit out. I don't suppose that was part of your issue as well?
No, it was just in the searching stage for me - I think it's a regional population thing.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
This dumbass networking CANNOT handle this fast strafe and fall speed. I'm getting millions of bloodshots

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
Finished the operation pass and ending up getting the needler helmet attachment thing from Exchange after all. It works on the tier 20 reward helmet and pairs nicely with the free "Violet Violence" armor coating (from Cyber Showdown III).

xOTkz2p.jpeg

First match I played with it a teammate kept roasting me and calling me "Needle Boy" which made it worth it lol. Still have 11k SP left over.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
XP should also be given for daily challenges. I'm about 1/5 through Season 5 and the change from XP to SP will slow down catching up quite a bit.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I set my search to local or whatever, and the game will still throw me in non NA servers. It doesn't even try lmao

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
The weapon models are probably the coolest cosmetics they add, which is why they lock them behind $30 super bundles. lol

Would it kill them to add coatings for PvP wins like they did back in H5 for the magnum? The final reward could be a cool sidekick weapon model for getting like... 500 wins. I mean shit, do that for every weapon and each one has a different challenge criteria (BR: PvP kills. Sniper: PvP headshot kills. etc...)

Instant desire to grind again.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
I dunno why, because that Rocket launcher's silhouette is nothing at all like the Incineration cannon, but for some reason it reminds me of the latter.

Fabs

Aug 22, 2019
God the progression is awful now. Very little xp. And I've done every pass. I don't even care about the lackluster items in it. Huge step back

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
lol I'm watching Lucid's stream and he has a kill effect that flashes the Optic logo when he kills someone. I assume new bundles coming out soon for the HCS London event. (also sporting a new sniper model)

Last edited:

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Right before we lost, random teammate rage quit. Nobody else lost CSR. Thanks cry-baby lmao 🤣

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
[In my best Farnsworth/] Good news everyone! Corrosion is such a bad map my IRL friend will finally play ranked with me to avoid it. Now poor guy has to adjust to no AR and aiming for head shots. Wish him luck!

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Crazy this game was originally an Overwatch clone. lol

That said, it could have been cool to have something like this as an extra PvE mode.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I really try to like BTB, but I can't. I don't know what it is, but it brings out the biggest fucking sweats in this game. Constantly playing against stacks of Heroes and Onyxes is beyond annoying. I always considered (and maybe that is my fault) BTB to be more of a casual type of mode, but these people are fucking annoying to play against; especially when your team is full of players going 1-10 or whatever because they don't play this game 24/7 like the other team.

Crazy that I can go into ranked to chill compared to this shit.