Green

Oct 27, 2017
imo since there's been a ton of changes and additions to launch, and this is one of the first things you see when you visit the store pages, they've needed to updated this for a while now.

At some point those older trailers don't give an accurate picture of what the game is anymore.

Not much deeper than that in my opinion. But there is one of my maps in that trailer, which is neat.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017

Found another data mine of an early version

urfSYPM.jpg

2013 me really dreaming big. I built the structure so that I could easily front port it to the next game 😆 I do that a lot actually

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm thinking the network changes did more harm than good, but I don't know anymore. It's all a mess 🤣

Solbright

Oct 28, 2017
At least the next game, from a technical standpoint, will be a fresh start on Unreal Engine. No more decade in the tooth legacy bugs, at least from Blam.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
A Halo mobile game is inevitable with Xbox's mobile store plans

Hopefully since it's 2 titles, we get an actual game out of this.

Jinaar

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton AB

BradC00

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand this post. This is the only game mode, Husky Raid, that is one lane. It has all Equipment Items in the rotation when you spawn. All this tweet is showing is a big nothing burger to myself. Play the other 20+ modes out there. The person that is tweeting this, I suspect, is using Husky Raid to get the most EXP to gain levels in.

The guy tweeting it is the guy posting it. He's complaining that even in a 1 lane mode, radar hinders making plays and it's the "most annoying" thing in halo in 2024 (since that's the post he was replying to was saying)

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
At least the next game, from a technical standpoint, will be a fresh start on Unreal Engine. No more decade in the tooth legacy bugs, at least from Blam.
Careful, the UI might be watching 👀

I don't understand this post. This is the only game mode, Husky Raid, that is one lane. It has all Equipment Items in the rotation when you spawn. All this tweet is showing is a big nothing burger to myself. Play the other 20+ modes out there. The person that is tweeting this, I suspect, is using Husky Raid to get the most EXP to gain levels in.
Yeah that tweeter must be some nerd.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Lmao I'm dead

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I'm thinking the network changes did more harm than good, but I don't know anymore. It's all a mess 🤣

I'm actually kinda happy because this validates I'm not batshit crazy when I say this game feels like I have anti-aim assist at times. It's completely fucking random, too. One fight can feel smooth as fuck and everything connects and then another fight 10 seconds later feels like complete dogshit.

Wacky aiming, then combine this with this game's insane strafe speed, crouch spam, dumb as fuck jiggle peaking, and the new network model causing lots of blank shots with the Bandit being single shot and you have a recipe for some miserable experiences playing this game.

Like, look at this first clip of Royal 2 and how many fucking blanks he gets.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DK64PoxoUI

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
Replacing the weekly Ultimate rewards and the bulk of event passes with Exchange credits with has really taken the wind out of my sails. I still haven't missed a weekly ultimate since the beta, but this just feels like more of a slog than before.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
I'd bet money it's Spartan assault & Spartan strike to launch with the mobile store.

Which is cool, but given the current climate... Not gunna be well received

I would assume they'll wait until the showcase to announce anything, so if it is just those two, any negativity will be drowned out by conversations over the COD direct and Avowed.

On that note, I wanted to play those two recently and the PC App refuses to let me, saying I need to sign in with the account I downloaded them (I did). But it is specifically those two games that are fucked--evey other PC game I have (admittedly just Casette Beasts, Wandering Village, that pixel art zoo game, and Tetris) work fine.

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If these were the quality of shop items from the get-go, this game might've sustained longer.

Instead they tried to sell the color blue and charged high prices for legacy armors.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Yeah, I think it's very obvious why we don't have it anymore. Shit, most people mute their own team, never mind wanting to hear every kid in the lobby. It was great for some game modes back in the day if people were cool but it's a classic "this is why we can't have nice things" case.

I'd also not want my game tracking and storing my voice logs for reporting purposes like Overwatch does, seems creepy to me.

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think it's very obvious why we don't have it anymore. Shit, most people mute their own team, never mind wanting to hear every kid in the lobby. It was great for some game modes back in the day if people were cool but it's a classic "this is why we can't have nice things" case.
Maybe it should be opt-in. Just thinking more about it, it does suck how we're at the nuclear option tho when there are games now that thrive with proximity chat.

I'd also not want my game tracking and storing my voice logs for reporting purposes like Overwatch does, seems creepy to me.
I get the hesitation, but it seems to be productive in Overwatch.

Seeing the "Thank you, your report has led to a mfer being silenced" message feels good. It would only improve if the especially big studios put more resources into these things.

Sr Kitsune

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Baja California, Mexico

I almost always mute everyone in my team if someone is using a mic, and I don't feel like that is changing any time soon.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I have randoms muted. These are the types of players I run into:

1) The person eating, breathing, or whatever the fuck they doing in their mic.

2) The one that just complains all game about how bad we all are.

3) The one that seems normal and making callouts, but they go ballistic the second we start to lose.

People say you need to unmute to do well in ranked! lmao idc, I'm not listening to these fucking dumbasses.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York

Crazy to me they haven't added Forge maps to it yet or just some more game modes to vary it up.

The Bulldog also sucks compared to the classic shotty and always gave me blanks given how stupidly fast and jittery the infected move.

Do you remember them testing the BTB version with even faster infected with insane jump heights? They have no clue what they are doing. lol

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
Yeah I gave up on Infection after the first weekend.

- Half the time players get infected they instantly quit out, leaving you with bots
- Survivors cheese the fuck out of this mode (camping inside the vents in Bazaar, getting out of bounds in Behemoth, etc)
- On Chasm people camp on the floating pillars, and the zombies can't easily do those platforming jumps cause of the increased run speed, they fall off lol
- Classic Shotty > Bulldog
- When you're last remaining survivor (most exciting part of the mode) there's a 30 second countdown, so you don't even get to see how long you can survive
- Low scoring / XP payouts (probably what killed this mode the most tbh)