• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame there's no new maps coming, but at least oddball (Assuming it's in hcs18) will bring something new. Not to mention new meta around changed settings

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Soooo, where? Ranked only (aside from hcs)? Throw me a bone.

Having trouble matching into anything but the social playlists tonight for some reason

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I played for several hours yesterday after the patch dropped, both Warzone and campaign, and didn't notice any of these issues?
It's not just me, lots and I mean LOTS of reports of this. Other graphical bugs such as broken gamma and textures as well. I understand the Halo 5 team is small but they can't even do proper QA? Not to mention the issue that the update was huge which has to be fixed in a follow up patch, unfortunately with the track record of bugs in this game I'm concerned these issues won't be fixed.

I had to get suspended from Halo Waypoint forums for spam to bring attention to an Expanded search matchmaking bug that had been in the game for over a year. No one from 343 had ever acknowledged the bug, no matter how much I tweeted or messaged, luckily after I flooded the forums with the bug report the weekly update the following week had this funny line: "We have identified an issue affecting Expanded matchmaking."

I have no faith this will be fixed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/7ahhou/halo_5_guardians_overtime_bugs_and_issues_report/
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/7ag5gk/is_h5_running_at_lower_resolution_on_base_xbox/

Oct 25, 2017
unfortunately with the track record of bugs in this game I'm concerned these issues won't be fixed.

is this a joke?

[seriously what bugs]

not talking about the patch, downloading that stupid fucker right now, but i've not experienced any persistent bugs in this game and it's pretty much all i've played on my xbone [or at all] since it launched...

Last edited:

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
is this a joke?

[seriously what bugs]

not talking about the patch, downloading that stupid fucker right now, but i've not experienced any persistent bugs in this game and it's pretty much all i've played on my xbone [or at all] since it launched...
As I said there was a bug in Halo 5 matchmaking where when searching Expanded it would reset to Balanced after every game, so you could at max play one game then it would tell you it can't find a game. Now all you had to do was back out and re-search but that wasn't the problem, the problem was now the average casual player was playing one match then being told there's no one at all to play with. Now this isn't a problem in the US, but in countries where you can't find balanced games it led to a lot of "cannot find a game" messages even on Expanded, all my friends thought the game was completely dead because of this. This bug was in the game for over a year and took some crazy effort to get the developers to recognise the issue and patch it.

Oct 25, 2017
As I said there was a bug in Halo 5 matchmaking where when searching Expanded it would reset to Balanced after every game, so you could at max play one game then it would tell you it can't find a game. Now all you had to do was back out and re-search but that wasn't the problem, the problem was now the average casual player was playing one match then being told there's no one at all to play with. Now this isn't a problem in the US, but in countries where you can't find balanced games it led to a lot of "cannot find a game" messages even on Expanded, all my friends thought the game was completely dead because of this. This bug was in the game for over a year and took some crazy effort to get the developers to recognise the issue and patch it.

ah fair enough.

yeah i'm in the PNW [Canada / Victoria, BC], so I'm typically playing with the US server-buddies, so I wouldn't be aware of bugs persisting in other regions in the first place.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
ah fair enough.

yeah i'm in the PNW [Canada / Victoria, BC], so I'm typically playing with the US server-buddies, so I wouldn't be aware of bugs persisting in other regions in the first place.
Yeah, which is likely why 343 never noticed in their own testing. Was just frustrating, but it did get fixed after I made sure someone at 343 saw it. They need a better way for users to report bugs, honestly wish they would use the Insider program for patches more. I would happily do the time testing these things myself if it means less of these bugs.
Another bug that has been in the game for a loooong time was the MAJOR stutters when someone leaves or joins a game, but that's actually fixed in this update! Then there were all the issues in regards to audio not playing in cutscenes, heavy aim, etc. These are all fixed now though.

As an update a dev at 343 has replied to the threads on Reddit and seems to be aware of the issue, so looks like it will hopefully get fixed. Just hope Digital Foundry or Polygon don't do an article on the downgrade, I can already see the headline "Microsoft downgrades Halo 5 for Xbox One owners to make One X version look better" or something. Hopefully it's fixed ASAP.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Still going to ruin a perfectly good Mercy map with a over saturation of power weapons I see.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Finally finished Halo Wars 2. They uh, didn't really do much with that one, did they? lol

Also, what's with the Atriox sequel hook? Like, just resolve that shit, lol.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished Halo Wars 2. They uh, didn't really do much with that one, did they? lol

Also, what's with the Atriox sequel hook? Like, just resolve that shit, lol.
A new narrative director for all of Halo is very much needed. They can't make one satisfying story, everything is a setup for another disappointment.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2171

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Local server is released.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/local-server

Here's the specs needed:

PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Minimum Spec:

• Intel Core i5 (Haswell) at 2.2 GHz or AMD Ryzen 3 at 3.1 GHz
  • 4GB RAM
  • DX11 or higher
  • Suitable for up to 8 players
Recommended Spec:

• Intel Core i7 (Skylake) at 3.3 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 at 3.2 GHz
  • 8GB RAM
  • DX11 or higher
  • Suitable for up to 16 players

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of a weird issue but also a bit surprising. After over a year of MCC working consistently, friends of mine and myself have been experiencing issues joining each others party. It seems random aswell, they can join each other but I can't join any of them. Other times one of them can join me but the other one can't join either of us.

I really can't wait for the MCC updates next year!

SaiST

Oct 25, 2017
I'm seeing a few videos and screenshots, and it seems that the dynamic resolution's been made more consistent, but has there been any word about the LoD/animations for enemies in the Campaign improving at all on the One X?

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
So my wife and I could not play together at all last night. So annoying. We reset our router and power cycled our consoles and still no luck. I hope they fix this soon.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
For ranked diamond 1 in team arena. not too bad considering I haven't been playing all that much recently.

I think the weapon update has definitely improved the game. Pistol vs pistol battles are way more prominent than before and the usage of autos has significantly decreased. It's pretty good.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Spartan and Subzero have left liquid. The HCS storm has begun it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.