• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy to be kittens again, I like psyfi but kittens suits me better

now my username doesn't match my XBL tag again tho lol
To be fair your gamertag was kittens dicks, err kittens dx for a while.

Also, I know the whole thing about not taking about the old site, but w/e. I heard an anecdote on the discords about how certain mods knew who were alt accounts, but wouldn't tell the head honcho because he'd ban them because he could.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
I hope that if they do X enhancements to Reach they remove the blur effect.
Cant stand it

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
Yo Kittens, how was being thrown into the Dead Zone by Evilore over that clock thing? Glad you're back... again?

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also, I know the whole thing about not taking about the old site, but w/e. I heard an anecdote on the discords about how certain mods knew who were alt accounts, but wouldn't tell the head honcho because he'd ban them because he could.
Yeah I had a sneaking suspicion. It's appreciated.

Happy birthday to H5.
whoa you're right! nice

Yo Kittens, how was being thrown into the Dead Zone by Evilore over that clock thing? Glad you're back... again?
my initial reaction was ".....wow" and then I made a new account a few months later

HTupolev

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, so I played the MCC and Halo 5 yesterday.....I know people complain about H5's aiming and it isn't perfect, but man Halo 3 feels weird now.

Halo 1? Fine. Halo 2? Amazing. Halo 3? Where the hell am I shooting!?
CE and 2 are the ones whose controls feel weird to me in MCC. Seems really meandering and floaty compared with oXbox. I thought Halo 3's controls were the most improved, since they were ported basically well and MCC got rid of the game's stutter.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
2018 aint happening
Tellin yall, this year is all about Franchise maintenance, righting some wrongs, getting in good graces with fans, build the rep up a little bit, then blow the doors off.

They have to be looking to future proof this bitch, the franchise is more important than the game, so whatever is put out, has to sell, its a competitive market, they gotta find an edge

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Everything tells me halo 6 is 2019 EXCEPT what the hell would take it's typical place holiday 2018? If halo is 2019, next year may be even more sure than this year.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone fill me in on why a 2019 release seems likely? I've been hearing people say that but I don't know the background / context.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anybody wants my Gold REQ Pack, that is gift only?
Might aswell pack in a Platin REQ Pack if i like you...

OP
OP
Poodlestrike

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone fill me in on why a 2019 release seems likely? I've been hearing people say that but I don't know the background / context.
Halo usually gets announced/teased the year before release, and almost always at E3.

I still say they may do a VGA announcement with a "Beta in THREE WEEKS" sprinkled on top.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
343 keeps saying we're a ways off from any sort of reveal. I could see a reveal at e3 and launch fall/winter 2018 as the new MS avoiding announcing too early. Also, this gives 343 some breathing room, not having had to dedicate resources to e3 2017.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Lets just say, for example, (not saying I know anything, but just a hypothetical..) that the majority of the team was still working on MCC and H5, Im not saying they cannot ramp up production and finish 5 in 12 months.. but I find it unlikely

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
The majority of the team is not working on 5 or mcc, they are on 6
conceit.JPG

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
All I care about is that its feature complete and damn good, so they should take as much time as they need.

In the meantime, just give me a spin-off starring the best Spartan
Kurt-051:)

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would cry tears of joy if that happens. Pdz was the most shooter with the most features that I ever played. Me and a buddy of mine played that game every day for years.

Now that is a name I haven't heard in a long time.

Unlikely though, cool as a return would be
For all the crap it got, I thought PDZ was a great launch game packed with content. Online two player story co-op with a beefy multiplayer suite; it had a lot of value.

I hope Perfect Dark returns some day..

The majority of the team is not working on 5 or mcc, they are on 6

lmao

They did announce that the work is being outsourced though, so I think most of the studio has to be on Halo 6 at this point.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
Lets just say, for example, (not saying I know anything, but just a hypothetical..) that the majority of the team was still working on MCC and H5, Im not saying they cannot ramp up production and finish 5 in 12 months.. but I find it unlikely

This doesn't make any sense. Even Halo 5: ODST wouldn't take up the majority of the team.

Oct 25, 2017
has anyone set up the new company yet?

NEEDS to get rid of a certain three letters after my gamertag if ya nah wah ah mean.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just want the story to be great again. 4 & 5 aren't in the same league as the OG trilogy. Imagine a dreamteam of Eric Nylund and Joe Staten for the story. A man can dream. There is so much lore potential in Halo. I wonder when the Spielberg show will arrive.
Halo 3's story was the worst actually. Joseph Staten didn't write it and it was written by commitee and it shows.

L
I would cry tears of joy if that happens. Pdz was the most shooter with the most features that I ever played. Me and a buddy of mine played that game every day for years.
Nah, as a long time fan of the original N64 game PDZ was average at best. It had less features than the orifinal game aswell.

Last edited:

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Halo 3 was always weird to me. The story was always just so... I don't even know. It felt like I didn't really get what was going on, even though I knew exactly what was going on, if that makes any sense at all.
For me the removal of The Arbiter as a playable character was the biggest flaw. It's full of plot holes, inconsistencies and bad dialogue aswell. Terance Stamp was also a poor replacement for Michael Wincott as Prophet of Truth. Let alone his in game motivations are inconsistent with his motives in Contact Harvest which was written by Joe Staten.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
For me the removal of The Arbiter as a playable character was the biggest flaw. It's full of plot holes, inconsistencies and bad dialogue aswell. Terance Stamp was also a poor replacement for Michael Wincott as Prophet of Truth. Let alone his in game motivations are inconsistent with his motives in Contact Harvest which was written by Joe Staten.
I mean, I really like Halo 3/Stamp's Truth, he just comes off as a completely different character.

And yeah, Arbiter missions being dropped and his arc being reduced to sub-plot that resolves like two missions before the game ends was pretty annoying. I was one of the folks that really enjoyed the Arbiter's story.

Though it's better than what ended up happening with Jul 'Mdama's arc...

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how to interpret that... you blowing me a kiss?

"(X) Doubt.meme" Im saying Im not so sure about that

They did announce that the work is being outsourced though, so I think most of the studio has to be on Halo 6 at this point.
This doesn't make any sense. Even Halo 5: ODST wouldn't take up the majority of the team.
I believe its a strange misnomer that somehow MCC is being outsourced, Bonnie and Frank said they were taking control of the situation..
Q:
External team? Wasn't it a mess because there was several devs working on it originally?
A:
That certainly contributed to some issues but this update will be handled by us and a single dedicated team. Not multiple partners.

1LUtMyP.png
They did say the H5: Forge people were helping with the Halo 5 X update, but not doing it solo
Also, work on H5 is still obviously being done and likely ironing out development and maintenance tools, as evidenced by a huge weapon update and the just now 2 years later introduction of the LAN server app.
I know its easy to cast doubt on the internet, but Im telling you, I would be shocked at a 2018 launch, now MS could push it and make it happen... but I do not see 343 on that timeline
edit: idk wtf is going on, but its taking me like 10 tries to make this post and the formatting is fucked.

Last edited:

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only person holding off playing halo till the tuning update is out? Perhaps as an old dog that struggles with new tricks I'm especially slow to adapt to changes, but I even largely avoided the feedback playlist because it just felt so different. Really ready for halo 5 to settle into it's groove so I can get back into playing.

When?

Status
Not open for further replies.