• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NOKYARD

Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe i'm a MCC Insider and just found this thread now thanks to the new 'Similar threads' list.

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
Doing a Halo series playthrough now that I got an X and a OLED. Holy shit does the MCC look great in 4K.

Hazzaku

Oct 25, 2017
How does booting in games work now? My friend got kicked from a CE social game but didn't betray anyone.

Also kept getting partnered up with the same guy in H3 doubles. All he did was hide in weird spots on the map or die trying to get to them on Guardian. Had one game where we went 39 in doubles and he went -22 ...

Dec 21, 2017
Can Halo 3 be BR start across the board like the rest of the games please?

It's so jarring playing AR start in comparison to the rest of the games.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
SO i just hopped back into multiplayer, and maybe im tripping but it something really off with the aiming?

I didnt get a chance to mess around to much, but there seems to be way to much accelaretation and auto aim seems drastically down from before.

Anybot got any recommended settings? Cant pull off consistent headshots with BR like i used too.

NOKYARD

Oct 25, 2017
SO i just hopped back into multiplayer, and maybe im tripping but it something really off with the aiming?

I didnt get a chance to mess around to much, but there seems to be way to much accelaretation and auto aim seems drastically down from before.

Anybot got any recommended settings? Cant pull off consistent headshots with BR like i used too.
This should help get you started.

A video covering the aiming options will be released shortly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Lockstep networking with more than 2 players? No thanks.

I remember playing Halo: Reach 4 Player Firefight Versus Mode at 2 SPF (Seconds pre Frame, not Frames per Second).

My group failed for years on the ODST Firefight annual achievement until we all brought our 360s to my house and were on the same network. We ended up doing it on our first try there.

Lordy that networking was rough.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FYI, I was able to contact chat and get my ODST code after the original expired in my message log. In case anyone else is in that position.

Oh no

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
My group failed for years on the ODST Firefight annual achievement until we all brought our 360s to my house and were on the same network. We ended up doing it on our first try there.

Lordy that networking was rough.

Completed Endure on ODST with people from the UK and Annual on Halo 3 with people from all over Europe and only encountered the odd hitch. Had horrible internet back then as well haha, like 0.4mbps upload. Sounds like I got lucky! Played a decent chunk of ODST firefight with friends as well and it was usually fine. Had 1 player we couldn't play with though, for some reason he ruined things for everyone and turned the game into a slideshow even if the game only had 2 of us playing.

I had far worse issues with CE/2 co-op on MCC although I haven't tried it since the big update.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Completed Endure on ODST with people from the UK and Annual on Halo 3 with people from all over Europe and only encountered the odd hitch. Had horrible internet back then as well haha, like 0.4mbps upload. Sounds like I got lucky! Played a decent chunk of ODST firefight with friends as well and it was usually fine. Had 1 player we couldn't play with though, for some reason he ruined things for everyone and turned the game into a slideshow even if the game only had 2 of us playing.

I had far worse issues with CE/2 co-op on MCC although I haven't tried it since the big update.

I'm wouldn't be surprised if someone in my group had a restrive NAT. I don't miss those days of trying to explain router settings and DMZ over the phone.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to get subtitles on the terminal videos? The CC button on the player does nothing.

Started the Collection and find this Halo Channel nonsense really disappointing so far. Why not just allow the user to download the videos like Quantum Break?i

Edit: well i managed to get subtitles now, but not in english lol

This is so dumb.

Edit 2: and it's bugged on top of it. First it would open the video, play it, and after getting back to the game it would open the video again for no reason. Now it's not even opening the app and playing the video. The achievement for finding the terminal popped up but the video won't play. Nice.

What a piece of shit this stupid app is.

Sorry for the venting but you'd think after 3 years this would be fixed.

Last edited:

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
In Halo 2 Anniversary, wasn't the Blow Me Away instrumental track replaced? If so what replaced it?

SmashN'Grab

Oct 27, 2017
Although I actually have Game Pass Ultimate, I still want to buy Reach on the Xbox just to complete the collection as I've actually bought MCC and ODST. I hope it's only 5 or 10 though, no more than that. I assume there'll be the standard 10% discount.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I am currently in the process of install MCC and am wondering whether I could install it in parts depending on which campaign I want to play first. ATM, it is heading for a 73+ GB installation.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I am currently in the process of install MCC and am wondering whether I could install it in parts depending on which campaign I want to play first. ATM, it is heading for a 73+ GB installation.

You can, just open the game when it prompts you mid-install and you can pick what content you want.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
You can, just open the game when it prompts you mid-install and you can pick what content you want.

Thank you. Unfortunately, nothing like that popped up for me. Granted that I did turn off the the console (sleep state with the HDD on) for the installation to be complete. Having opened it now, it has indeed consumed the aforementioned amount of storage. I just wish the modular option was present within the game itself.

Nov 14, 2017
Thank you. Unfortunately, nothing like that popped up for me. Granted that I did turn off the the console (sleep state with the HDD on) for the installation to be complete. Having opened it now, it has indeed consumed the aforementioned amount of storage. I just wish the modular option was present within the game itself.
It is - options, settings, gameplay, change installed games.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
It is - options, settings, gameplay, change installed games.

Ah, found it. Thanks.

Given now I had to uninstall everything save the campaign of CE, it really grinds my gears that Xbox One OS does not feature some form of a defragmentation option. Last time, after a period of installing and uninstalling games, I formatted the entire HDD to prevent substantial fragmentation and games are not small as they used to be on previous gen consoles.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Thx for bumping this discoverability thing. It'll probably baffle a few folks. We'll try to message it better. It's a pretty tricky thing to do as a matter of code base and UI complexity.

That would be critically helpful.

Honestly, imho, it ought to have been visible in the opening table of options (outside the "options menu") and perhaps at worst, the first sub-menu.

Chronite

Oct 25, 2017
I fired up MCC on my X1X now that the Reach update is live. I haven't played since it came to Gamepass last fall so it basically re-downloaded everything it seems. I went back into CE: Anniversary and played some campaign and the frame rate is all over the place and not holding 60fps. Next I tried some H2: Anniversary and I'm not getting any audio at all in game and the frame rate is also a little choppy.

Next up I load the Reach campaign and everything is smooth as butter....Anyone noticed any performance issues on X1X with the other Halo titles after this update? I tried uninstalling the game and re-downloading but it didn't help.

Oct 25, 2017
Hey is there a trick for getting this work on gamepass with the ms store version? For some reason I can only play Halo 3 and only sometimes. I imagine it's some dumb licence related issue

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else experiencing no sound for Halo 1 and 2? I've rebooted the console, deleted my save data etc... and I got sound to work after doing that but when I come back after I stop playing, the sound is not working again.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Also posting about my issue here since we have two threads for the collection.

So this is kind of ticking me off now. No matter what game I play in the collection on PC, I get crackly audio for some reason. Happens mostly in the campaigns, but it does also happen in multiplayer sometimes. It's very distracting and turns me off from playing. It's happened for a long time now, but it still hasn't been fixed, and I don't know if it's an issue on my end or what. I've tried changing one of the settings in the ini file, but it didn't seem to do anything.

Has anyone run into this, and does anyone know of a fix?

EDIT: It's some kind of issue with audio exclusivity I think. If I have Discord open (even if I'm not actually in a call), the audio crackles. If I close Discord, the game is fine. I don't know if there's really a fix for that. :(

Last edited:

firstadopter

Oct 25, 2017
How long does it take to match make for various old Halo games in the MCC? I tried on Xbox today and it took a long time to find any games. Wondering if it was just the filter I was using? What's the best number of players to use?

Dec 21, 2017
How long does it take to match make for various old Halo games in the MCC? I tried on Xbox today and it took a long time to find any games. Wondering if it was just the filter I was using? What's the best number of players to use?
What region?

On Xbox I get fast matches on any Halo if I'm some 4v4 team slayer in match composer.

Last edited:

counterfly

Oct 28, 2017
Netherlands
Got my XSX yesterday and installed the MCC... in Korean? I've got my system settings set to Dutch, Netherlands. When I switched this to English (US) and started up the MCC I got a pop-up with an option to install an English language package.

Anyone encountered a similar problem? I've searched Google about it, but every possible solution references an older version of the MCC UI.