Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Oh man, poor Harley. Ivy was completely right though. Harley needs to focus on herself for sure.

Oct 27, 2017
I gotta say, the Nora scenes in this episode are attracting some incel/sexist assholes from what I have seen. Only "issue" with Nora getting laid is who she gotten laid with (girl can do better than freaking Zeus!) but even then it doesn't warrant that kind of hate.

Lafazar

Oct 25, 2017
Bern, Switzerland
lol. When I first read this, I didn't realize it was a typo and you meant Batgirl. I just assumed (cause comics) that there was a character named Bathgirl that I just didn't know about and you were making a niche reference. 😂
lhh46SP.jpg

javierfoxilustra.tumblr.com

Javier 'FOX' Ilustra

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, do we still want them to get married at this point? The kiss was one thing, but buddy has been cheated on twice at the point. They can't NOT have that conversation at the very least because as is, this ain't a great look for Ivy to continue without saying anything.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, do we still want them to get married at this point? The kiss was one thing, but buddy has been cheated on twice at the point. They can't NOT have that conversation at the very least because as is, this ain't a great look for Ivy to continue without saying anything.
I feel bad for Kite Man.

The episode made it clear Ivy is with him cause he is a "safe" choice. The King Shark sub plot made it even more obvious.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I too feel bad for Kite Man, especially after we learned what his parents are like. :(
Yeah 🙁

He's such a good dude too 🙁

As someone else said in here a while back. I hope they don't do a character assassination on him. Just so the audience doesn't have to feel bad about Ivy ending their relationship.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
I never thought when i was first introduced to Kite man that he would be the love interest of Ivy. When he was introduced it seemed he was just a nobody character just there for some comic relief at that party, and then it just kept going. And now hes one of my favorite characters. Hes such a good guy in the best ways.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
I feel bad for Kite Man.

The episode made it clear Ivy is with him cause he is a "safe" choice. The King Shark sub plot made it even more obvious.
During the episode with Catwoman's introduction, Harley says that Ivy is just settling for the first person to be nice to her. Harley was being a shit at the time, but it's kinda true.

Rosa Lilium

Oct 27, 2017
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
It seems like Ivy/Kiteman shippers are disproportionately male whereas Harley/Ivy shippers are disproportionately female. I don't think I've ever seen such a big gender gap in terms of shippers in any fandom I've been in.

Some thoughts on the last episode:

Maybe Jennifer will be Ivy's maid of honour eventually...

The toilet humour song was a bit much. This show has never really been above toilet humour but usually it's quick and snappy enough that you don't have to dwell on it if it isn't your thing.

King Shark is laying down the most blatant subtext of the episode. Ivy likes Kiteman but isn't really in love with him. He's a safe option but not her true soul mate.

Nora isn't doing the healthy choice at the end there. Maxie Zeus is definitely a downgrade on Mr. Freeze and it seems like she hasn't gotten over his death yet.

I don't really buy that there's a huge amount of evidence that Harley wouldn't be romantically committed to Ivy. Harley's romantic history shows that she actually has the opposite problem in that she can be too committed to someone she's in love with. However, Ivy is way more scared of the idea of Harley leaving her rather than the idea of Kiteman leaving her.

Poor Harley... So far, she always seems to get kicked around by her love life.

In the comics, before they get together, it's almost always Ivy pining after Harley so this is actually a reversal from how things usually are.

Last edited:

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like Ivy/Kiteman shippers are disproportionately male whereas Harley/Ivy shippers are disproportionately female. I don't think I've ever seen such a big gender gap in terms of shippers in any fandom I've been in.

I'm both surprised and not shocked at the same time. The show did a good job of making Kiteman likeable.

ClockworkOwl

Banned
Feb 1, 2020
I'm a dude and I prefer Ivy/Kiteman. I find they work better as a couple while Harley and Ivy work better as friends. Kiteman is also a likeable guy, so I don't want to see Ivy break his heart.

Also, Xena/Ares forever.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a dude and I prefer Ivy/Kiteman. I find they work better as a couple while Harley and Ivy work better as friends. Kiteman is also a likeable guy, so I don't want to see Ivy break his heart.

Also, Xena/Ares forever.

I'm a guy and I prefer Ivy/Harley.

It's clear that Ivy is only with Kiteman because of safety and is settling rather than reaching for something that would be better for her. She has abandonment issues and is scared that Harley would leave her, an issue that you can't blame her for after everything that happened with her and Joker. Harley putting together this great bachelorette party is just one example of how well she would treat Ivy and how much happier they would be for each other; Harley knows what Ivy likes. The only quality that Kiteman has is that he's nice to her.

But then again, I'm a sucker for my gay ships.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017

It's clear that Ivy is only with Kiteman because of safety and is settling rather than reaching for something that would be better for her. She has abandonment issues and is scared that Harley would leave her, an issue that you can't blame her for after everything that happened with her and Joker. Harley putting together this great bachelorette party is just one example of how well she would treat Ivy and how much happier they would be for each other; Harley knows what Ivy likes. The only quality that Kiteman has is that he's nice to her.

I agree with this. The relationship is out of both of their own insecurities Ivy you've put succinctly but Kite-man is out of the worrying of expectations of others .The kind of stuff Ivy goes to extreme lengths for Harley is beyond just friendship way more than Kiteman. Spends way more time with her, Prioritized Harley calls every single time or thinks of Harley first thing when something happens even while with Kiteman, frank even lifts his glasses at what Kiteman said and even made an earlier jab and Frank is never wrong. He's an extension of Poison Ivy dropping truth bombs. Kiteman's great and hope it get's a more joyful end because the groundwork is there.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017

I don't get this take on why Ivy is right to distrust Harley with her heart. If you are insinuating that Harley is at risk of going back to Joker over Ivy is a poor read of who these characters are.

As for Kiteman Ivy didn't go to Kiteman for safety. He gained her respect.

Respect isn't the only attribute for loving relationship so Ivy would be better off with Harley but her attraction to Kiteman isn't unfounded.

As someone else said though the writers clearly don't see the Ivy Kiteman relationship as lasting considering the King Shark subtext but so far they have handled the growth of Ivy and Kiteman pretty well so they need to treat the break up or evolution into a poly-amorous relationship just as tastefully as they have done everything else so far.

That said about how tasteful they have been in depicting relationships, that song was atrocious. Amusing at first but got old real quick.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
havent watched new season yet, accidentally clicked in here and skimmed a bit

is ivy/poison being setup in the show?

Nov 1, 2017
Was I the only one expecting Ivy/Harley and Catwoman to wake up in a bed at one point?

There is no way any of this ends well for Kite man and considering the show that might be fatal.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
I just don't see how Harley/Ivy makes sense as Harley seems to be super villain career-focused and jumps from one thing to another and changes her mind all the time whereas Ivy is a lot more grounded and clearly wants something stable and lasting. She loves Harley, but knows it's likely that she'll lose her one day due to Harley's crazy life and antics. Kite Man is the safe option here - he's shown to be reliable, loyal and his entire life seems to revolve around her. He makes a lot more sense as a partner for her than Harley does.

edit: should have probably mentioned im a gay man

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was I the only one expecting Ivy/Harley and Catwoman to wake up in a bed at one point?

There is no way any of this ends well for Kite man and considering the show that might be fatal.
Same. At the very least Catwomen sleeping curled up at the end of the bed for a cat joke.

Kite man is definitely going to be burned. I can already hear Ivy telling him "You deserve someone better".
But what would make Kite Man a great character is to be the one to tell Ivy that. But he's too self-absorbed to notice especially with the wedding close.

I wish someone will push the idea to be polly to Ivy. I'm sure Kite Man would totally be up to having a third.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
I just don't see how Harley/Ivy makes sense as Harley seems to be super villain career-focused and jumps from one thing to another and changes her mind all the time whereas Ivy is a lot more grounded and clearly wants something stable and lasting. She loves Harley, but knows it's likely that she'll lose her one day due to Harley's crazy life and antics. Kite Man is the safe option here - he's shown to be reliable, loyal and his entire life seems to revolve around her. He makes a lot more sense as a partner for her than Harley does.

edit: should have probably mentioned im a gay man
We don't really have a good idea of what either of them are like in a relationship. Harley's been in one relationship (that we know of) and Ivy is in her first. Say what you want about her professional tendencies, but Harley was 1000% committed to the Joker. And it's not like Ivy is just some bookworm. Not too long ago both her and Harley bonded over murdering boardroom execs with toxic waste. Kiteman is safe, sure. But love isn't always about picking the safe option.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Same. At the very least Catwomen sleeping curled up at the end of the bed for a cat joke.

Kite man is definitely going to be burned. I can already hear Ivy telling him "You deserve someone better".
But what would make Kite Man a great character is to be the one to tell Ivy that. But he's too self-absorbed to notice especially with the wedding close.

I wish someone will push the idea to be polly to Ivy. I'm sure Kite Man would totally be up to having a third.

He absolutely would, but for all the wrong reasons.

Kiteman the kind of dude who would agree to a threesome because he is afraid you would leave him otherwise.