• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
i think they have a chance against croatia, but they have no chance against whoever they'd face in the final

its a knockout tournament that has so far been full of upsets. While they would clearly not be the favourites against France or Belgium, anything can happen on the day in a one-off match.

And of course this is as much hope as expectation - nothing wrong with that during an international tournament surely? Would be a dull old world cup thread if everyone just posted things like 'I hope my team does well but I realise they may not'.

Oct 27, 2017
Rotherham, England
If I've learnt anything this tournament it's just how much people hate the idea of the English team doing well. I mean, proper bloodshot eyed, foaming at the mouth hatred. Twitter is awash with it.

FracturedGoat

User banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Feb 1, 2018
i think they have a chance against croatia, but they have no chance against whoever they'd face in the final

You said the same about us against Colombia and Sweden.

Why not? This thread existing doesn't stop another one from existing. There's not a finite number of threads lol.

Also, I'm English and while I hate my country entirely and everyone in it I hope it does come home just to shut the media up about 1966 and also give a little glory to the best England football team there's been in over 50 years.

You hate everyone in our country? Crikey you might want to go outside once in a while, whatever you read in the guardian believe it or not, there's a whole lot of good people in country as there is in all countires.

New threads for new news. This thread contributes nothing.

still salty after the Sweden loss?

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
It's good people are already playing out a France - England final in their heads. It'll be the only place they get to see it.

Meanwhile my boys in red are getting ready to take it home instead.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
You hate everyone in our country? Crikey you might want to go outside once in a while, whatever you read in the guardian believe it or not, there's a whole lot of good people in country as there is in all countires.

That was quite clearly hyperbole, I don't hate everyone but I hate atleast 52% of it. (this is also hyperbole)

Zatoichi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
If I've learnt anything this tournament it's just how much people hate the idea of the English team doing well. I mean, proper bloodshot eyed, foaming at the mouth hatred. Twitter is awash with it.

I suppose it comes from many places, one would be they are even less graceful in victory than in defeat.

Bernd Lauert

Banned
May 27, 2018
This beautiful man will make sure it won't come home.

luka-modric-croatia_im4jhg3djl6w1kug9egvh293m.jpg

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
The world just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about English football (I'm an expert), but 52 years of hurt and that never stopping me dreaming are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Brazil where you can become successful by diving all over the fucking park. If you lose to the English national team, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is to accept that it's coming home.

What this means is the English public, after hearing about the fact it's coming home, are not going to want to stop reminding everyone that it's coming home, nor will they stop signing 'It's Coming Home'. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but England has alienated the entire world by bringing football home.

World, publicly acknowledge that it's coming home and cancel your own celebration plans or you can kiss football goodbye.

Gun

Oct 27, 2017
lol
This is the type of thread that you make during the half time of the final If England is winning by 3-0. Not now

If England loses now I blame Dipro

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
i would be very surprised if England wins from Croatia. But anything is possible.
Then it's Belgium or France. Again, anything is possible but i can't see it happening.
However, at this point England should be proud as hell, even if they loose to any of them.

KelticNight

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Get yours collectives asses into the World Cup OT 'cos the thing dies when there's no game being played.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
That was quite clearly hyperbole, I don't hate everyone but I hate atleast 52% of it. (this is also hyperbole)
52% of who? The young people who make the majority of this forum who voted remain by a huge margin?

Brexit was the last gasp of a generation who saw the end of the British Empire and still haven't got over it.

Anyway, Kane has the chance to bring it home and finally I think the country fully believes it can happen.

At every stage even we expected the worst, but frankly, there's nothing stopping it coming home.

Well, Belgium probably.

Edit: I work for a Dutch company. 4 years ago they...were slightly more vocal!

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
It is coming home. Hazard, De Bruyne, ... are bringing it home with them to England.

Deleted member 15933

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This thread will just end up as a bin of ridiculing England when they eventually don't win it, won't it?

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A bizarre thing i noticed is the hate from people from the USA for the english team, not just this world cup but the previous ones as well. If england win i will be insufferable.

Kensuke

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
They're the clear favorites against Croatia. Assuming they get to the final, I'd say it's 50-50 against Belgium. I think Belgium has the better players, but their defense has looked very vulnerable. It's a team that's likely to to make big mistakes (see vs. Japan). England would definitely not prefer France. I'd say that match is 65-35 in favor of France, they're an extremely solid team. Let's just say England very likely won't get a better chance than this in the next 50 years.

Rangerx

Oct 25, 2017
Dangleberry
Ha Belgium or France will rip England to shreds. They haven't played anyone yet. Personally I think they won't be able to live with Croatia's midfield.

Deleted member 8197

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fancy thinking Croatia will beat our brave lads. Ridiculous.

I'm already for all the whining when Kane wins the golden boot about how penalties suddenly shouldn't count.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
After a thorough and costly examination by our expert and experienced Meme Team, we've decided to reopen this thread in the interest of in-jokes and tradition. Have fun.