Dec 2, 2017
A woman comedian was booed and two attendees kicked out after they protested the appearance of disgraced Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein at an event for young performers in lower Manhattan on Wednesday night.
Weinstein turned up with an entourage to watch Actor's Hour, a monthly event "dedicated to artists" at the Downtime bar in the Lower East Side.

One comedian, Kelly Bachman, called him out in her act onstage, referring to him as "the elephant in the room" and "Freddy Krueger."

Some audience members, ostensibly men, then started booing. "Shut up," said one person.
"This kills at group therapy for rape survivors," replied Bachman, who noted she herself was a rape survivor. Bachman said "fuck you" to Weinstein before continuing with her set.

The Downtime bar has not responded to BuzzFeed News' request for comment, but posted a note on its Facebook pageapparently referring to Stuckless as a heckler.

When intermission began, Stuckless decided to confront Weinstein.
"Tell me — what's your name?" they asked Weinstein in a video obtained by BuzzFeed News.
Weinstein placed his elbows on the table while another man next to him was heard speaking to Stuckless. They said the man accompanying Weinstein told them it was none of their business and that they had no right to ask.

"Shortly into the evening, one guest began heckling another, causing a disturbance to everyone in attendance. After several requests to stop were ignored, we kindly asked the heckler to leave," it said.

www.buzzfeednews.com

Harvey Weinstein Turned Up At An Event For Young Actors. One Woman Who Confronted Him Was Thrown Out.

"It kind of felt like old-school Harvey to me — having his own table in a Lower East Side bar, surrounded by actors."

fuck that bar

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
When conservatives cry about how they feel like they "just can't say anything anymore" whilst shits like Weinstein and Kavenaugh can just continue living their life whilst nothing is wrong, it really pisses me off.

All the fucking privilege in the world to do whatever they want. And an army of fuckbois standing behind them to defend them because it'd be awful to "ruin their life"

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Some people scrape the bottom of the barrel but they decided to lick it as well.

Namea

Dec 2, 2017
"Create an environment where 'everyone' feels welcome", they said, hahaha... Haha... Ha...

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I too am genuinely surprised he's not under house arrest or something

also - wtf did he expect to happen?!? Like this is gonna follow him everywhere if he's out and about

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
For people who thought he'd be in jail:

On May 25, 2018, Weinstein was charged by New York prosecutors with "rape, criminal sex act, sex abuse and sexual misconduct for incidents involving two separate women." After surrendering to police, he appeared in court before Judge Kevin McGrath. If convicted on the most serious charges, Weinstein could face between five and twenty-five years in prison.[124] Weinstein was released same day on a $1 million bail. He agreed to surrender his passport and wear an ankle monitor confining him to Connecticut and New York. His lawyer Benjamin Brafman said Weinstein intends to plead not guilty.[125][124]

In July 2018, Weinstein was indicted on an additional charge of "predatory sexual assault" against a woman he allegedly forced into oral sex in 2006. The charge has a maximum sentence of life in prison.[126] On October 11, 2018 a judge dismissed one of the sex assault charges.[127] On April 26, 2019, the trial date was set to September 9, 2019.[128] On August 26, 2019, however, the trial date was delayed to January 6, 2020.

Hasn't spent a day in jail. Is confined to NY and CT, otherwise free to do whatever I guess. One of the charges dismissed. Trial date got pushed back.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Kelly Bachman is rude

Elephants deserve better than to be compared to Weinstein

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
For people who thought he'd be in jail:

Hasn't spent a day in jail. Is confined to NY and CT, otherwise free to do whatever I guess. One of the charges dismissed. Trial date got pushed back.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Goes to show for the millionth time, if you're rich & white justice bends over for you. I'd be really, REALLY surprised if he gets anything remotely close to a life sentence.

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well done for the lady who comfronted the monster.

Insane that he is loose, but shows how unjust the justice system is. It should be measured on its ability to bring people like Weinstein to Justice. It is fucking disgrace

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So how long until this for this monster?

KdGqQY.gif

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I mean I understand why he's not in prison. Rich people are above the law and are allowed to commit whatever crimes they want as long as they throw some money at the legal system. But why is he not a goddamn social pariah? Who the fuck answers their phone when they see Harvey Weinstein calling? And for what reason? "Yes, I want to destroy my reputation to give this loser a table at my shitty club."

So how long until this for this monster?

KdGqQY.gif
I don't know why Polanski even bothered to flee the country. Weinstein's long and storied history of rapes kickstarted an entire movement dedicated to exposing sexual predators and he still gets invited to parties.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
People like this live in another world. The sooner people realise the rich and powerful and are not your friend, the better. Watching that video it's crazy how much people will support a convicted rapist. The Law is just there to manage those of us who don't fit into the top bracket. Those at the top will just continue getting away with whatever they like. That's what this decade has shown me more and more. Doesn't matter how evil they are, they will continue to get away with it as long as they are rich enough.

EDIT:

In a statement to Business Insider, the producer's publicist Juda Engelmayer said: "Harvey Weinstein was out with friends enjoying the music and trying to find some solace in his life that has been turned upside down. This scene was uncalled for, downright rude and an example of how due process today is being squashed by the public, trying to take it away in the courtroom too."

Leave the poor rich rapist alone will ya!

Last edited:
OP
OP
It’s Time To Go
Dec 2, 2017
People like this live in another world. The sooner people realise the rich and powerful and are not your friend, the better. Watching that video it's crazy how much people will support a convicted rapist. The Law is just there to manage those of us who don't fit into the top bracket. Those at the top will just continue getting away with whatever they like. That's what this decade has shown me more and more. Doesn't matter how evil they are, they will continue to get away with it as long as they are rich enough.

EDIT:

In a statement to Business Insider, the producer's publicist Juda Engelmayer said: "Harvey Weinstein was out with friends enjoying the music and trying to find some solace in his life that has been turned upside down. This scene was uncalled for, downright rude and an example of how due process today is being squashed by the public, trying to take it away in the courtroom too."

Leave the poor rich rapist alone will ya!
How does that publicist sleep at night saying stuff like that

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He seems like an obvious flight risk. What with being confronted with the public all the time.

Put him in a cell before he bolts!

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
Come on people. Can't we give the guy who hired ex-Mossad agents to discredit abused women a second chance?

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bail system is a goddamn joke

Also remember he had a 1 million dollar bail, which in NY you only pay 6% of to get released lol. So basically he walked out paying cash he probably just has in one of multiple safes around his homes.

New York bail laws - 10% up to $3000, 8% for $3000-$10000, 6% for the amount over $10000