kickz

Nov 3, 2017
Harvey:
0OdhrQI.gif

Yep..

Lost me when you got to Trump, the dude is a blow hard shyster, but come on at those comparisons lol

Prax

Oct 25, 2017

Trigger warning for her thread on Twitter: She does talk about sexual assaults that she has suffered.

Good on these women for ripping this piece of shit. That bar deserves every piece of bad press they get.

According to the Buzzfeed article, Zoe goes by they/them pronouns.

www.buzzfeednews.com

Harvey Weinstein Turned Up At An Event For Young Actors. One Woman Who Confronted Him Was Thrown Out.

"It kind of felt like old-school Harvey to me — having his own table in a Lower East Side bar, surrounded by actors."

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. Good on her for saying something. Good on the hecklers for saying something. I commend anyone that speaks their mind tbh. The bar shouldn't have kicked them out unless they were being disruptive and considering it was her time on stage doing her set (albeit an unfunny set) I feel they were completely in the wrong for sending them out.

The fuck is this ignorant nonsense?

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Goes to show for the millionth time, if you're rich & white justice bends over for you. I'd be really, REALLY surprised if he gets anything remotely close to a life sentence.

Not saying Mike Tyson didn't deserve his time in jail (evidence said he raped her and plus Mike Tyson isn't the most moral and upstanding person in the world), but it is amazing how quickly and efficiently he was sent to jail and the courts are struggling to get rich, white Weinstein for even a trial. It is pretty sickening.

Wolfe

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
Alexandra Laliberte, the organizer of Actor's Hour, told BuzzFeed News it was the second time Weinstein had turned up to one of her events. Laliberte added that she doesn't have a security team, and rather than turn Weinstein away, she thought the community could address him.

"I welcome all walks of life into my space," she said.

I welcome people from all walks of life into my space! From rapists to arsonists to murderers to even the lowly mugger or pimp. All lifestyles are respected!

So she thought the community could address him, then when part of the community confronts him, they get thrown out? Nice contradiction lady.

KKBB

Banned
Oct 12, 2019
I think he deserves to have a drink and enjoy a show without being harassed, but I also think he belongs in prison.

Oct 31, 2017
Hmm. Good on her for saying something. Good on the hecklers for saying something. I commend anyone that speaks their mind tbh. The bar shouldn't have kicked them out unless they were being disruptive and considering it was her time on stage doing her set (albeit an unfunny set) I feel they were completely in the wrong for sending them out.

Just bat for Harvey Weinstein and go.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised he still has people going to bat for him. It was an open secret that everyone hated Harvey but went along for the ride so they could get the prestige/roles/films financed.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
You're telling me a dude can't walk into a room full of people from an industry where he's a known abuser and has intentionally derailed many of their peer's careers? Those hecklers were right, how DARE those people speak up against Weinstein because it's worth the .001 percent chance he might put them on even in his pariah status as long as they get on their knees. Because we all know how this goes; once we start holding abusers and their enablers accountable suddenly we've got a space where people can get by on merit and don't have to be subjected to crimes just trying to create art from a sensitive AND THAT'S UN-AMERICAN.

-UPDATE-
Looks like as a result of the organizers kanye shrug original response they are getting kicked out of venues for future meetups now:

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Squeeze this asshole out of every single inch of this earth. He doesn't deserve shit.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Even if speaking out against her wasn't a scummy move in and of itself (and it undoubtedly is) she had command of the stage during her performance. So they really had no right to shout her down in any case. The hecklers were trash through and through.

Superman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
日本
Good on the hecklers who heckled the woman that called him out?
Right, the jokes were pretty trash. Hecklers are a part of comedy. Most comedians usually have a good back and forth with hecklers but that was less comedy and more... I don't know, "hey don't boo me".
It's crazy how this is something you felt the need to add.
It was cringey. Comedians have attacked Weinstein in funny ways... she would have been better off just saying she was uncomfortable and asking that he left. Wrapping it in those unfunny jokes made the whole thing worse for me.
This is a ridiculous post and you should be ashamed of yourself.
Okay.
This is some hardcore "both sides" level of contortionism.
Not both sides at all.
This post is actual physical trash
Okay.
What the hell is this "good on the hecklers" bullshit? Fuck the hecklers. Those assholes and Weinstein are the ones who should have been tossed out not her. She was 100% in the right here.
She WAS in the right, which I stated.
The fuck is this ignorant nonsense?
?
Okay.
Just bat for Harvey Weinstein and go.
Pretty extreme but okay.
Even if speaking out against her wasn't a scummy move in and of itself (and it undoubtedly is) she had command of the stage during her performance. So they really had no right to shout her down in any case. The hecklers were trash through and through.
Hmm, I can see where you're coming from if that's you're view on hecklers. If you see hecklers as nothing but ignorant nuisances then you're absolutely right and they were behaving inappropriately. I just thought they had a right to boo a comedian they thought was trash regardless of if the issue she was talking about was just. It's weird (for me) to say "you can't boo that". Watching the video that's all they did... boo'd a few times.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Right, the jokes were pretty trash. Hecklers are a part of comedy. Most comedians usually have a good back and forth with hecklers but that was less comedy and more... I don't know, "hey don't boo me".

It was cringey. Comedians have attacked Weinstein in funny ways... she would have been better off just saying she was uncomfortable and asking that he left. Wrapping it in those unfunny jokes made the whole thing worse for me.

Okay.

Not both sides at all.

Okay.

?
Okay.

Pretty extreme but okay.

Hmm, I can see where you're coming from if that's you're view on hecklers. If you see hecklers as nothing but ignorant nuisances then you're absolutely right and they were behaving inappropriately. I just thought they had a right to boo a comedian they thought was trash regardless of if the issue she was talking about was just. It's weird (for me) to say "you can't boo that". Watching the video that's all they did... boo'd a few times.
They heckled her because she was calling out Weinstein not because of her jokes

Also yes if you're a heckler you're usually an asshole.

Superman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
日本
They heckled her because she was calling out Weinstein not because of her jokes

Also yes if you're a heckler you're usually an asshole.
She said she was trying to make people feel uncomfortable because they shouldn't feel comfortable. So she accomplished her mission but she also got boo'd because of it. Seems like a pretty even exchange I think. Uncomfortable people boo a comedian because they're uncomfortable.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
She said she was trying to make people feel uncomfortable because they shouldn't feel comfortable. So she accomplished her mission but she also got boo'd because of it. Seems like a pretty even exchange I think. Uncomfortable people boo a comedian because they're uncomfortable.
They shouldn't feel comfortable because they're palling around with a mega-rich serial rapist blackmailing shithead who makes women in his prescense uncomfortable.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
I think he deserves to have a drink and enjoy a show without being harassed, but I also think he belongs in prison.

I think he should carry the scarlet letter with him in and out of prison. Because public shaming isn't even in the same ballpark as the shit he's done.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"This kills at group therapy for rape survivors," replied Bachman, who noted she herself was a rape survivor.

If i'd been there I'd have been knocked off my chair.

Oct 31, 2017

Okay.

Not both sides at all.

Okay.

?
Okay.

Pretty extreme but okay.

She was trying her best to address the fact that she's appalled that a serial rapist is casually sitting there. Btw she's been raped before. And you're fixated on how she delivered her disgust at his presence? Stop being a fucking clown

Krauser Kat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Instances like this is why... when men say meeto has gone too far or false rape accusations are a serious threat. I just point to this bullshit. A rape survivor will always carry that with them, the law doesnt do shit for survivors.

Oct 31, 2017

Omg think about all the people getting uncomfortable because she's addressing the fact that a rapist is in the room :/

9f0e856ae78effa688e1ca98a15b57f2a0be0020ab24b98834a42f049ee3ad0e_1.jpg

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Okay.

Not both sides at all.

Okay.

?
Okay.

Pretty extreme but okay.

replys are part of forums. most posters have a good back and forth. your posts were pretty trash

OP
OP
It’s Time To Go
Dec 2, 2017

Yeah how dare the people sitting with the serial rapist feel uncomfortable.

Oct 27, 2017

Okay.

Not both sides at all.

Okay.

?
Okay.

Pretty extreme but okay.

cgo060fgp4i31.png

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta be honest with how fast dudes like him bounce back it seems more accurate to call cancel culture 'hiatus culture'

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
Dude you are calling out a comedian when she's calling out a fucking rapist and your main criticism is that is shes being unfunny and she's deserved to be heckled get some perspective godamn

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017

Boo'ing and telling a woman to shut up for pointing out the fact that there's a fucking serial rapist just chilling in the crowd is beyond disgusting and you are disgusting for defending that shit.