• Hate em

Votes: 107 16.1%
  • Thor 2: The Dank memes.

Votes: 21 3.2%

• Total voters

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Like for the last year or so i have seen much more reaction for U2 songs propping up all over youtube for example. Seems to me there has been a bit of resurgance of popularity for them instead of the ol hate about Bono or such, bringing up South Park episodes memes.

Few years ago you pretty much only met hate about U2 be it about Bono or their debacle with Apple launching the new apple on itunes for free.

Instead people do reactions and seem to really enjoy it.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

www.youtube.com

U2 - New Year’s Day (Full Version) | REACTION

Video link https://youtu.be/vdLuk2AgamkMy Merch https://jamel-aka-jamal-youtube-store.creator-spring.com

www.youtube.com

U2 - All I Want Is You / Where The Streets Have No Name REACTION

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNELhttps://m.youtube.com/channel/UCjBWouzyEJ8pC8n5kOuhOng/featuredSUPPO...

www.youtube.com

*RELATABLE!* 🎵 U2 "WITH OR WITHOUT YOU" REACTION

Thanks for checking out our U2 reaction. With Or Without You is an interesting song that makes you wonder what inspired it.Join the Couch Gang discord: https...

www.youtube.com

U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday (Live ) REACTION

Sunday Bloody Sunday (Live From Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Colorado, USA / 1983 / Subscribe to my second channel for more reactions https://rb.gy/ntkuyrFor More...

And then we have some U2 songs in Sing 2 which probably also helped to put them on the map for younger people.

Cloggerdude

Just tell me what you need.
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
And then we have some U2 songs in Sing 2 which probably also helped to put them on the map for younger people.

First thing that popped into my head when I saw the thread title was this. Bono voiced a main character and their songs played great in the movie. Timing definitely seems to line up.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
The band itself has always struck me as a bit dorky, but if people like their tracks I'm not going to judge.

OP
OP
Martinski

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
First thing that popped into my head when I saw the thread title was this. Bono voiced a main character and their songs played great in the movie. Timing definitely seems to line up.

Also this is in the climax of the movie

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The U Talking U2 2 Me podcast is what got me to give U2 another shot, after liking them in the late 80's/early 90's then completely falling off, and honestly I think they are really good. Bono is a really good singer. They are good songwriters, most of the time. I actually really like All that You Can't Leave Behind these days and would put it up there with Joshua Tree, War and Achtung Baby as one of their best albums, and that was the one where I really stopped caring about them back in the day. I really enjoyed Songs of Experience too. I'd go see them live any day if they ever came around here.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I was around during their rise and heyday. I appreciate a handful of their songs, but I was never into them at all.

OP
OP
Martinski

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
youtu.be

To/Die/For - New Years Day

To/Die/ForNew Years Day (U2 Cover)IVLyrics:All is quiet on New Year's Day A world in white gets underway I want to be with you Be with you night and day Noth...

www.youtube.com

Nick Mulvey - Moment Of Surrender

Music video by Nick Mulvey performing Moment Of Surrender. © 2019 Universal Music Operations Limitedhttp://vevo.ly/m4kkE5
This a pretty cool cover too.

What's wrong with Bono? I never got much into this band.

People dunk on him for myriad of reasons, for wearing sunglasses etc etc or his general way of being or speaking.

Poeton

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Forcing me to deal with one of their albums via iTunes, which I have never really used. Has soured me on their music.

That deal should be a HBS case study.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
They were great before 1998. Their music since then (bar a few songs) has been poor.

ZooTV/ZooEuropa will go down as one of the best tours in music history though.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
I think they're fine. I find them to be more of an all time great or classic rock band. I like some of their songs even though I'm meh on most of their music. I really don't remember why people got so upset over the free album on your phone things. However, that was the last I had heard from them in awhile.

Serpico99

Oct 29, 2017
NYC
Saw them at MSG about 4 years ago and they know how to put on a show still. Read a recent interview with Bono and how he can't listen to the old recordings because he cringes at his singing voice. Even with his age he has really improved his singing voice.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing against them, I just personally have never been a fan or gone through a "U2 phase" either. Also realized that I don't have a single U2 song on my massive catch-all playlist with thousands over every conceivable genre.

Probably because when I worked at Best Buy in high school I heard enough U2 hits over the store system to last a few life times.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
If you like huge Arena concerts, I doubt there are many bands that do it better than them. I loved them growing up. So to me they are still a great band even if their recent stuff is mediocre.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not a big U2 fan but they have some real good songs. Bit weird to see them getting reaction videos now though lol

This is the last bit of U2 news I can recall. Damn that was hilarious.
Same. That and the tax evasion stuff.
I loved when Popstar Never Stop Never Stopping parodied the U2 free album shit by having the main character have his new album pushed to and autoplaying on every fridge in the US.

guiloahhhhh

Oct 29, 2017

At absolute most he can be a bit pretentious in speaking. During the Zoopra tours I think they would actually satellite people in from the bosnia serbian conflict and ask them questions. Good intentioned but a bit weird and gross maybe. Little things like that nothing major

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I will always get chills whenever I watch their Super Bowl halftime show performance from 2002. And then when Bono opens his jacket to reveal the American flag sewn into the lining, man… talk about the right show for the right time.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

He did a lot of activism and philanthropic works, very prominently in the 2000s when it was pretty popular to shit on anyone trying to change things (see his South Park persona). This naturally filtered through to the general background noise level of the internet.

They're one of the all time greats really, multiple albums that are all time classics across three decades, with a pretty clever capacity for reinvention. I got to see the 360 Tour ages back and just loved how inventive the stage design was.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I absolutely cannot stand U2. If they come on the radio I turn that shit off because I'd rather sit in silence.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I almost never listen to their music intentionally, but when I do, I tend to think they're pretty good.

Looking at their list of albums and songs, it's hard to argue against their catalog. I'd say they are really good, even if they'll never necessarily be a band I seek out.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
The iTunes stuff is still fresh on my mind, but they're mostly a harmless band to me. A couple good songs, but I wouldn't say I am a fan of them or anything. They're borderline meh/ok for me.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
First off U2 was my favorite band for nearly 2 decades.
I fell off them hard and only go back occasionally to listen to the classic albums.

Secondly I'm addicted to reaction videos. I mostly go for the Pink Floyd reactions though as they have such a unique sound and it blows people away.

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
I used to love them back in the day but I haven't liked anything they have put out since Achtung Baby. And Bono seems like a douche.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
People have been dunking on Bono since way before South Park lol, they were late to the party on that one

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
they went downhill after Achtung Baby but still have some good songs here and there.

ultimately a pretty good band at the peak of their powers.

(and probably always a solid live show).

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I listened to them quite a bit in my younger days but I haven't had a desire to in a long time.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I don't listen to much U2 but I think they're really good or an all time great band, I just don't really like them. But when I was 16-18 or so I definitely went through a U2 phase, and I still think they're good just rarely in the mood for them.

Flavius

Oct 28, 2017
Orlando, FL
Take their catalog as a whole, there's no way they aren't an all-time great band. But you know, people are entitled to their opinion. I say this as someone who has not a damn clue about anything they've done in the past 15 years or so.