Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Never started. Was waiting for a good time to do the three year trick. Namely waiting for their big games I was interested in like Avowed, Hellblade 2, Gears 6, Perfect Dark, Call of Duties, etc. Those games still haven't come. Then I decided to upgrade to Premium on PSN. Then they nerfed the gamepass conversion trick. Then last week happened. So, I think I have zero reasons to start subscribing lol.

_Genesis_

Aug 13, 2018
Did 3 years of gold to ultimate in 2020. Have been redeeming with rewards ever since. Current sub not set to expire till mid 2027

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A while ago, yeah. Eventually I realized I never finished most of the games I download. I'd test them for a few hours, say 'cool', then never think about them again. The games that did really interest me, I had already bought on Steam/Switch/etc. As far as Day 1 Xbox exclusives go, I just don't find the lot of them interesting enough aside from small few that I'd rather buy at this point.

jimbosimbo

Nov 9, 2020
I've been thinking about downgrading to Core from Ultimate where you just get the MS games.

Not necessarily because of the recent news though.

Spacejaws

"This guy are sick" of the One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
It ran out this year a few months ago. I actually thought it had already ran out because I got it a few years ago, with like 2 years in total to play Starfield but then Starfield got delayed and I was sure it was supposed to run out late last year.

In that two years I barely played anything however, not because it didn't have content just sheer apathy and the few things I did want I just bought on Steam like Gears 5, Wasteland 3 etc. Tried streaming a few things with mixed results.

Got an email about subscription ending in like Jan and was suprised but didn't bother to do anything about it.

Kiyamet

Apr 21, 2024
Yeah - after a year of not using it

Its an amazing value, sure, but it doesnt have as many of the games I actually want to play

As far as indie goes I try to support them as directly as possible

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I did, but before the closure of Tango, Arkane and Roundhouse, and not really for any admirable reason, just because I'm still not working and the sub I had stacked up for cheap was expired, and as rewards got less rewarding and I couldn't just make the points for a free month every month, it stopped being a luxury I wanted to afford.

As for whether I would restart if I got a job and started having the disposable income again? I honestly don't know. I'd have to weigh the pros and cons and I haven't done that yet.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I've never had one.

only have an Xbox one that hasn't been plugged in for probably 5 years and no desire to play on my PC.

Lunatious

Dec 18, 2018
There's a couple stuff on the backlog I'll prioritize playing so I can cancel eventually. Price rising in my region already made me want to cancel, Tango news just solidified it.

Oct 29, 2017
I think I managed to snag like 3 years worth for $1 a month or something when it came out and when it ran out I never renewed.

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
I may not extend it, but for now I am still getting use out of it. Wife is currently playing Lies of P on it, and I will prob go through Starfield once updates hit. Microsoft is making some baffling moves, but Game Pass is still a fantastic service for my needs.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yep at the beginning of the year. I recently traded in my Series X during the GameStop trade-in promotion as well. I'm likely done with Xbox consoles for good.

I just never used Game Pass enough to justify the price. There are already so many good games constantly coming out between PC, PS5 and Switch, I never felt like I had any need for GP games.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
I don't keep an active sub, but I sub here and there when there's a new release I want to play… which lately there hasn't been. Star Field was the last month I subbed. Prob will for Hellblade 2 if it reviews well.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
I cancelled a couple of years ago, only got it again because my isp gave me a year of ultimate for free for taking another contract term with them (which lowered my prices for my internet so I would have done so anyway), that ran out a while ago and I didn't bother paying for it myself after that.

Just got a new contract again with them and they are giving me another year for free as well, but based on how little the service is of use to me due to lack of content I care about overall most of the time, I'm thinking of just finding someone I know who I can give the year for free to and get cash for it instead from them. Though that's not exactly easy when I only know a few people with an Xbox outright and they don't use it enough to warrant gamepass when they have access to ps+ extra.

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, still enjoying it. Although it does feel like there isn't anything especially appealing to me on the horizon, other than Stalker 2. Ongoing subscription will also be dependant on any price increases.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I had the trial for the month I got the Series S and stopped
I just buy what games I want

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
It's an on and off type of deal. Usually sub if there is a big game releasing that i'm interested in. Ended up getting 4 months free from discord but that expired in April.

It's a neat service but it has never been in line with how I consume my games. Having a yearly sub to it would just be a total waste in my case.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
lol no, it's like I'm being fed a fire hydrant of games I'm interested in enough to play but not to fully buy.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Just today actually, yeah. I think it's a good offering but I realized that I hadn't played anything on it in a while. I'll start back up at some point.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I turned off auto renew, but MS rewards were paying for it all anyway. I'll use more reward points for the P3 expansion release and see if they still have good deals coming up but I do expect it to get a lot worse in future years.

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
Expires in July after 3 years. I really haven't used it enough to re-sub and like many others it seems, I've realised I don't play enough to games to justify paying for a service like this. Buying 2-3 big games I'm interested in per year on PS5 is enough for me, supplemented by indies on Steam.

I'm tempted to sell my Series X after the recent MS debacle, but I don't think the resale value is good enough to make it worthwhile.

toastybanana

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, all Bing rewarded up until 2025. But they have gradually gutted the rewards and I'm leaning towards not worth the time anymore. I might quit it all and let the sub run out depending on the potential new releases.

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
Yes, but I had it running for a couple of years even though I didn't have an Xbox. I don't play games on PC enough to justify it.

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but it was a couple years ago. Realized that it's not actually a good deal unless you play games on it every single month, and I have too many Nintendo and PlayStation games to devote that much time to GamePass.

Oct 25, 2017
I will when it expires and will rejoin when a game comes to it I gotta play for a month at a time. I'm done with more subs than I need tbh

dishwashers

Dec 10, 2022
My subscription ran out in late February and I hadn't bothered with renewing it yet. With the recent news, I don't think I will be. I got my Series S as a Game Pass machine, but it's still great as a emulation/Kodi/digital X360 machine.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
I subscribe like once a year on PC when there are at least two or three 1st party games that I know I can realistically beat in a month and then immediately cancel. So yeah, nothing to cancel at the moment. Next time will probably be for Hellblade and Avowed. Maybe Indy.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Does this qualify as a reaction thread?

There are so many threads about the Xbox situation, this feels unnecessary and tbh a bit preachy.
Imho, this will pretty much be the reality for many Xbox topics going forward which kind of sucks as there was finally real "peace" with most gaming threads.

To answer OP, cancelling in September as that is when my current sub run out. My kids picked up a PS5 a while back so I'll trade in my Xboxes to get a PS5 pro to keep everything on a single sub.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
it expires at the end of the year. Won't be renewing it.

If Microsoft puts out any bangers, I guess I'll just buy them on Playstation.

OriginalJonty

Editor at TheSixthAxis
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah but primarily due to a lack of gaming time and a number of games I have that should see me through the rest of the year. Doing the same with PS Plus when that expires later this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.