Have you ever played a Gameboy Color game?

• No

Votes: 14 2.3%
  • Yes, I own / owned real hardware

Votes: 519 84.4%
  • Yes, I tried / borrowed real hardware

Votes: 38 6.2%
  • Yes, but only ports / emulation / clones

Votes: 43 7.0%

• Total voters

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS

I think most people are just going to post GB games in here regardless because of how blurred the lines were between GB and GBC games, you can already see most of the examples people are bringing up aren't GBC-exclusives.

I would think the poll would be slightly shifted away from "yes" if it was clarified that it had to be one of the ~150 games that didn't support Dual Mode.

Last edited:

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I think I still have my purple GameBoy Color, so yes. It was mostly my Pokémon machine way back then.

TheWildCard

Jun 6, 2020
Never actually had a GBC, just went from OG Gameboy to Advance, so only have a small collection of GBC games. The Zelda games are among my all-time favorites though.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Yep, still have a boxed gbc (and boxed pocket) and a box full of gb/gbc games. I was never a big fan of the gbc compared to other systems like the org gb. Yet it still has some great games worthy of owning a system for (like mgs:gb).

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Never owned a GBC but I have a GBA and a Game Boy Player and own a handful of GBC games.

Puddi64

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 3, 2022
Yep it was the first handheld I ever owned. Really nostalgic. My first games for it were Pokemon Blue and Super Mario Bros. DX.

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
Gameboy Color is actually the very first piece of having hardware that I actually owned as a kid handheld or otherwise. Lime Green!

SpiralEngine

Jul 6, 2023
GBC is slightly before my time, but I think I got to mess around with my older cousin's GBC at least when I was a kid.

Later, I did have a lot of GBC games on the 3DS Virtual Console. I think the Game & Watch Gallery games were my most played games out of those.

I'd be nice if Nintendo put out more GBC games on the NSO. At least LGR put out their own version of Shantae I suppose. Also, I started playing Trip World DX on my Switch yesterday. Does that count? I suppose that qualifies as an after-market GBC game.