Have you ever played a Sega CD (Mega CD) game?

• No

Votes: 114 15.3%
  • Yes, I own / owned real hardware

Votes: 288 38.6%
  • Yes, I tried borrowed real hardware

Votes: 127 17.0%
  • Yes, but only ports / emulation

Votes: 218 29.2%

• Total voters
Dec 17, 2022
El Viento is so much better than Ernest Evans, good choice lol

Silpheed is pretty good though. Wouldn't call it unplayable.

I remember the controls in Silpheed being much slower than the FMV of the background and enemy fire. Made it near impossible to dodge lol. Beautiful visuals though.

Oh, and Final Fight was amazing!

FarronFox

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Yeah I had a real mega cd here in Australia. Seemed real expensive at the time but I manage to get gifted one at Christmas, as I really wanted it for the new sonic game (sonic cd) and other games that had video and better sound in them.

Unfortunately didn't know of anyone else at the time with one as they pretty much stuck with their mega drives and super Nintendo so when they came around to play and saw games with full motion video and such it was something new for them.

Anyway sadly ended up selling it one day or just lost track of it somehow which is a bit sad as I've managed to hold onto some games I had for it but with no system to play them on.

Oh and one of the great memories I had from it was playing Mortal Kombat CD. So funny thinking back as when you faced Shang Tsung the game was loading/pausing mid fight as he did his transformations if I remember correctly.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
I got into it kinda later since I was more of a Nintendo fan. Towards the tail end of the gen Blockbuster started clearing out their rental stock (boy do I miss renting systems for the weekend) and got the Genesis v2+32x+Sega CD for $50. The most expensive games that I own are in Sega CD (Popful Mail, Snatcher, Lunar etc).

pete_clarf

Oct 25, 2017
I had a JVC X'Eye for a while, but don't think I ever actually bought a Sega CD game for it and don't think I've ever played one despite knowing a couple of people that had one.