Votes: 1,191 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 1,377 53.6%

• Total voters

Deleted member 37151

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jan 1, 2018
I want to understand america. Please help me.
So everyone in the country is getting $1200 (as a cheque?!) as a kind of stimulus thing.

what if you've been made unemployed.
In the U.K., for instance, employees can be furloughed and the government will pay 80% of their salary. Is a similar thing happening to furloughed employees in the states?

GeminiX7

Feb 6, 2019
Got it this morning. As did my fiancee. I put half of mine in savings, the rest in my checking. I also get paid tomorrow, so it's a nice week overall.

aerobinson

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 6, 2019
I received a visit from the Treasury Fairy. The deposit pretty much just plugged up the whole in my bank left by the laptop I bought.

Geeko

Oct 27, 2017
San Jose, CA
Got it today. Looks like it was based on our 2018 taxes which doesn't include our child. We filed 2019 taxes about a week and a half ago but it seems it was not early enough. Not a big deal. Either way, $2400 will help a good deal right now.

rarewolf

Feb 7, 2019
Payment Status Not Available

According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time.

For more information on the eligibility rules, see our Frequently Asked Questions page."

LUCKY ME!

Camp1nCarl

Oct 25, 2017
So what can we do if it states "Payment Status Not Available" and we've already filled our 2019 and 2018 tax returns? IRS has my direct deposit information, hasn't changed recently but my address did this year. I don't see anywhere to add or verify direct deposit information?

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Don't it always seem to go
That you get your stimulus and it's gone
They sent out a check
And people will just pay bills

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just had to go to the IRS website to enter stuff from my tax return since I owed money (accidentally took an extra deduction on my paychecks), put in my info and bank account and they said they'll get it to me. I was surprised the website worked, to be honest.

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
Asking for the GF:

So, in 2018, she didn't receive a tax return - she had to pay taxes. Where would she go to check if she will receive it or how?

Get My Payment | Internal Revenue Service

The Get My Payment application is no longer available. You can still claim a missing payment and view your payment history.

But it's slammed right now

Just had to go to the IRS website to enter stuff from my tax return since I owed money (accidentally took an extra deduction on my paychecks), put in my info and bank account and they said they'll get it to me. I was surprised the website worked, to be honest.
Lucky! Not working for me

Stanicle

Oct 27, 2017
Yup got the payment not available as well. Just filed 2019 but did 2018 through turbotax. Used direct deposit for return and still that. Not surprised lol

Jonscrambler

Nov 13, 2017
Torrance,CA

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Get my payment portal keeps saying they can't determine my eligibility. Sucks. My brother in law got his for my sister and their kids. Girlfriend got hers. I got my federal refund so um wondering what the issue is

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Put in my DD info this morning and now getting the Payment Status Not Available message. Wonderful. Guess I'll just have to wait and check again later/daily.

Quoting myself. Two hours later and I just checked again. It's now showing up on the IRS site as being eligible for payment, shows my account number, and says it will update a deposit date when it has one.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I got mine. Wife didn't get hers, here's what she gets:

"According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time"

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Payment Status Not Available
According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time.
— IRS Get My Payment site

Alert for Bank of America people:

I'm BoA, filed 2019 with direct deposit info and the IRS tool said they still didn't have my DD info.

I just submitted it and it was accepted. It now says awaiting payment date.

So if you're BoA maybe you should check the IRS site and make sure you're good.

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
Please Try Again Later
We are unable to provide you with the status of your payment or perform the action requested because:

• The tax return information you entered does not match our records; or
  • You have already accessed the system the maximum number of times today.
Please come back after 24 hours and try again.

If you need additional help, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
Got mine today.
I get paid on friday

No clue what to do with it, but I will probably be responsible and pay bills or whatever.

ShinJohnpv

Oct 25, 2017
I checked the IRS site and even though they have our bank info to take the money we owed them for taxes, they didn't have our bank info and I put it in.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Quoting myself. Two hours later and I just checked again. It's now showing up on the IRS site as being eligible for payment, shows my account number, and says it will update a deposit date when it has one.
Took the same steps this morning but haven't checked since adding my DD info, this is a helpful update. I'll just wait until things settle to check again. Thanks!