• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rod

Oct 25, 2017
Told we would miss Jason Killar

I just couldnt predict just HOW MUCH we would miss him

Dude was a superhero compared to Zaslav. Killar loved HBO max so much...

Just a reminder WB had record revenue and record Oscar victories in last 2 decades in his last act as president

This really sucks.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Are these the shows in danger? Or are there more? I honestly don't know what's a Max exclusive and what's HBO proper at this point, but I don't care for any of the shows listed. (I wanted to like Our Flag Means Death but meh)

There are more than those. Those are just some of the most public shows.

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm looking at the list of HBO Max Originals as listed on wikipedia, which is all the stuff getting either potentially canned or moved over to the main production operation.
Turns out I dont actually watch a lot of their original content. Mainly what I'm personally worried about is Doom Patrol and several animated shows. I know Peacemaker and Harley Quinn are well liked as well. (Peacemaker is likely safe I'd guess)
Apparently HBO Max is also in joint production supporting Sesame Street these days, in a deal that doubles their output with episodes hitting HBO Max first and arriving on PBS 9 months later. Hopefully they just move it over to HBO to keep the funding going.

But man, there's so much ongoing and in development. So many people are going to lose their jobs, this is going to rock the fuck out of the industry. Dreadful. I hope their main production expands to take on a bunch of it.

I wonder how soon until they start pulling Max original shows off the platform? People have already noted that MAX original movies like The Witches, MoonShot, American Pickle and Charm City Kings have already been pulled
It seems really dumb to pull content that already exists and is already on the platform. For why?

Oct 28, 2017
well i purchased the annual sub so im in for the ride whether i like it or not for the rest of the sub lol

just in case i should watch everything i can

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
I think Peacemaker, Hacks (for PRESTIGE), and Gossip Girl (had a record breaking debut for the service) are probably the safest from that list.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
70%?!

Dark times ahead for this steaming platform. WB doesn't know wtf they're doing.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/JordanMaison/status/1554922956849123328

Bsh1cf3IcAA-dAD

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
We were that fuckin' close to a Fionna & Cake series.

For fucks-ass sake.

Edit: Ohhhh man there's gonna be some angry folks over the loss of "Our Flag Means Death."

Edit 2: I wonder what this means for Sesame Street. Obviously the show isn't ending or anything but HBO was a major financial contributor.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm looking at the list of HBO Max Originals as listed on wikipedia, which is all the stuff getting either potentially canned or moved over to the main production operation.
Turns out I dont actually watch a lot of their original content. Mainly what I'm personally worried about is Doom Patrol and several animated shows. I know Peacemaker and Harley Quinn are well liked as well. (Peacemaker is likely safe I'd guess)
Apparently HBO Max is also in joint production supporting Sesame Street these days, in a deal that doubles their output with episodes hitting HBO Max first and arriving on PBS 9 months later. Hopefully they just move it over to HBO to keep the funding going.

But man, there's so much ongoing and in development. So many people are going to lose their jobs, this is going to rock the fuck out of the industry. Dreadful. I hope their main production expands to take on a bunch of it.

It seems really dumb to pull content that already exists and is already on the platform. For why?

Thanks for the link. That's the list I was looking for.

I guess I didn't get into many of the Max Originals. Tokyo Vice was ok, but I wouldn't miss it. Close Enough says it already ended anyway.

May 10, 2018
We need to chill out on some of the random twitter post though.

We will know tomorrow what happens and then after that we will start hearing about the shows that will get the axe.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
So I'm still not sure where this leaves AEW. On the one hand, Zaslav is cutting stuff left and right, on the other hand wrestling is closer to reality TV than it is scripted TV, right? And it's a ton of content to fill your service up with.

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
Peacemaker was a big success so it becoming HBO proper seems likely.

I agree with this.

But it can't be understated how shocking of a move it was to cancel Batgirl and that the directors of it found out the same time we did.
I mean, with all due respect to James Gunn and how much clout he has rightfully earned throughout the years, but Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah weren't nobodies like I've said on my previous post. They are two of the most hot new directors out there right now, revitalized Will Smith's biggest franchise with what was the biggest box office film of the first year of the pandemic with Bad Boys For Life and that film was very well received, they just directed the critically and public acclaimed Ms. Marvel and still got ruthlessly blindsided by this.

With how Zaslav is operating WB, I have little faith that Gunn knows better than any of us or Arbi and Fallah before they got the news that Batgirl was scrapped.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
After all the fucking headache that was migrating my subscription from HBOgo to HBOmax (it didn't migrate, I had to make a new one)...

At least where are the HBO shows like House of the Dragon going to be streamed at, and the Warner Brothers movies? They better not limit that shit to fucking cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.