• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It definitely weakens your turn five.

Your ideal turn four is likely to be the arugal/draw power play, but all the good five mana elementals need the elemental played last turn.

I think that alone weakens the deck significantly.

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
All this draw elemental mage is getting is making Thrall cry

They did Shaman dirty with all the Elemental Mage support. Mages have been getting pretty consistent support for the Elemental deck in every expansion since Un'goro. Shaman on the other hand has been all over the place, with Elemental, Freeze, Evolve, and Totem. Evolve is pretty much dead in standard, Freeze and Totem are dead ends and downright terrible, and Elemental is kind of all over the place, and is slow as hell.

Bogshaper seems to hint that they're going to push Elemental again, but man Shaman is going to need some strong synergy cards to make it work. I don't see how Elemental Shaman comes anywhere close to Elemental Mage this expansion.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do think Tess is not going to be all that powerful in most games. I think it will be too hard to keep up with the tempo of hearthstone while producing and playing random cards, especially in standard.

But don't care, she will be mine day one.

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I still haven't gotten a single kobolds pack from the curren promotion.

I've opened 15 packs total and the 11 non witchwood ones have all been Un'Goro or Knights. I've opened a ton more kobolds packs than those two expansions so I wonder if it looks for anything like that. Seems unlikely, but also seems unlikely that out of the 11 packs I've been given, they all have a 33% chance to be kobolds and not a single one has been.

Not complaining though. My latest un'goro Pack had 2 Golden rares, an epic I didn't have and a legendary.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
The fact that Bonfire is a Mage card and not a Shaman card blows my mind. I just don't get Blizzard's obsession with elemental Mage and their flat our refusal to support elemental Shaman.

I mean, it's not like Shaman has Kalimos or anything.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You have to have spells as a board mage i think, at least two frostbolts and two fireballs, maybe a polymorph for warlock. But i don't think 7-8 spells will negatively affect arugal/ludicrous draw spell combo that much.
According to TrumpSC, 8 spells means 2,21 cards drawn by Book of Specters in average.

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
The fact that Bonfire is a Mage card and not a Shaman card blows my mind. I just don't get Blizzard's obsession with elemental Mage and their flat our refusal to support elemental Shaman.

I mean, it's not like Shaman has Kalimos or anything.

Is Paladin getting all the murloc support all over again :/

It pains me because shaman is my favorite class and also because you can see the potential elementals have in it

V-Faction

Oct 25, 2017
Why not shake things up? I mean, outside of say...Water Elemental, it's not like Mage has a ton of non-spell based minions. This is a card that can potential help a non-standard archtype take off--like Hagatha for Shaman. I think it's great. That doesn't mean I think it's powerful (though drawing IS very powerful in HS), but it's already encouraging people to think of Mage in new ways.

Unless you're just salty from wiping in Shadowfang Keep? ^^
Because it's a great card, not a gimmicky or niche one, going to a great class with great presence almost every expansion. Mage seems to find ways to make itself a threat each cycle going all the way back to the start of standard, and indeed back to the very beginning of Hearthstone. They've got some timeless cards. Where as other classes are on the sidelines, waving their hands going, "Hey, that would've been perfect in my rotation, it's got all the synergies I need to fix glaring issues!"

And because, of course, there's only so many new cards to go around.

(Don't think I can't recognize where your allegiance lies, KuroNeeko *cough* BlackCattotalbestbeastreleasedsofar *cough*)

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Is Paladin getting all the murloc support all over again :/

It pains me because shaman is my favorite class and also because you can see the potential elementals have in it

It just reinforces the idea that Blizzard has no clue what they're doing with Shaman. The class actually got a somewhat decent core of elemental's in Un'Goro and then they did nothing to support it after the fact.

Instead it was freeze Shaman which was completely half-assed and will never see more support (not that I even want it to, that archetype was a terrible idea from the beginning). Then it was....whatever the hell Kobolds and Catacombs was which has so many bad Shaman cards that it's just outright unjustifiable.

Arena is such trash. Start off 2-0 and then face two absolutely insane decks, Mage and Paladin. I don't know how people find this mode any fun at all.

That's almost what I said verbatim yesterday lol. I want to like arena but that mode really needs an overhaul.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
Tess is not comparable with Lynessa and Yogg imo, it's way weaker.

With those cards, you were playing the spells or buffs anyway, they are just good cards in your deck. With Tess, you have to spend mana on a generator which could be a mediocre card and then spend mana on the generated cards which might also be really bad or useless. It's way slower even when playing good cards.

With Tess I feel you want minions more than spells. If there was a way to reliably get minions that would be the best way to use her.

Or death knight cards, most of these don't care about targets too much and they are very strong.

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
So I guess Rank 20 is the first skill ceiling, huh? I'm running into some really good decks now.

Yeah there will be tons of meta decks and pseudo-meta decks from rank 20 on. It's not as competitive at those ranks as it used to be before the ladder changes, but you need to be running something with a win condition.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
So basically Tess relies on how good Classless Rogue could be. At least it's not the only Rogue card that synergizes with non-rogue class cards.

When is the arena run going to end? this thursday?

I got a 5 day warning for my arena run when I signed in today, so Thursday it is.

You probably want to sit on a run at 2 losses for the rewards + free arena ticket.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
The problem with win conditions is that I do not have the cards for them yet. I have to hope I can out-strat my opponents now until I get some better cards.

Can I fall below Rank 20? and when the next season starts, will I start at Rank 20?

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The problem with win conditions is that I do not have the cards for them yet. I have to hope I can out-strat my opponents now until I get some better cards.

Can I fall below Rank 20? and when the next season starts, will I start at Rank 20?
You can't fall below 20 during the season but the season change can drop you below 20.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So basically Tess relies on how good Classless Rogue could be. At least it's not the only Rogue card that synergizes with non-rogue class cards.

I got a 5 day warning for my arena run when I signed in today, so Thursday it is.

You probably want to sit on a run at 2 losses for the rewards + free arena ticket.

Cool, thanks for the heads up

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

For the quests where you need wins with a class you don't have a deck for, you should do tavern brawls, especially when it's like this week and you don't need to make a deck.

You can't lose stars below rank 20 so you can never fall below that rank from losing matches. At the start of next season you'll move down 4 ranks, so if you were at rank 20 you'll be at rank 24 at the start of next season.

manhack

Oct 27, 2017

Have you posted what decks you are running with? I PM'd you my blizzard id if you want someone to spectate.

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So uh about 5 min after I post that there are no exciting elementals for Mage they get an exciting elemental. 5/5 for 5 with battlecry draw a card? YES PLEASE. 2x in every Jaina deck till end of days, I think.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
So I guess Rank 20 is the first skill ceiling, huh? I'm running into some really good decks now.
I've used just the suggested Classic decks for a few seasons when I got bored and got to like 17~, but that was kind of a grind depending on the current meta. It's definitely possible, but everyone here is right. About this time is where you start pointing toward a firmer deck, while you continue to just learn all the classes.

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Not sure if real;

Pax-2018-Hearthstone-Card-reveal-Prince-Liam-and-Shudderwock.png

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where would those be from, pax?

Seems like they are real.

The paladin one seems kind of crappy, shaman one is nutso. Wild jade shaman.

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
If that is real, you will have some awesomely dumb shennanigans on turn 10 if you have played Grumble before lol

And in Wild if you played a Yogg!!

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to know what the interaction is between shudderwok and Gorgonzola.

If you don't have any battlecries that produce minions, and you gorgonzola this card, does it give you infinite shudderwok's from then on?

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
that shaman legendary is way better than the rogue legendary. Imagine that in jade shaman, holy shit.

elemental shaman will be good too, one way to close games.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Shaman legendary seems fun. The lady with yellow eyes that shown in thumbnail is not pally legendary? :(

Legendary card generation is never worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.