• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Prince Liam isn't good, your win condition revolves around 1 card, and if you don't draw it before turn 5 its value gets reduced with each passing turn. Doesn't help that drawing cards from your decks hurts its power. Also, in a meta where Skulling Geist is a thing, you can't have that many 1 mana spells
Prince Liam is not a win con. Its a backup plan in case you havent won by turn 6-7

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Think I'll build a Prince Liam deck that is filled with nothing but 1 cost cards. Sure, it'll be horrible and I'll probably lose 90% of my matches, but it'll be worth it when it goes off.

People are saying that Shudderwock could change the entire meta if its real. I'm not so sure, but targeted battlecries like Nightblade could be devastating in the late game.

Last edited:

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Plan B: concede. Getting one or two random legendaries for a slot in your deck isn't a plan.

jgminto

Oct 25, 2017
If it was deck and hand it would probably be worth playing, then you could still be agressive with your draws while having something to do with cards that are redundant later in the game.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So pack quests, even if you have one, goes away? I'd assume you just stop getting them.

Maybe. I'm assuming the way it's coded is that it says "award a pack for every quest" and they'll turn it off at midnight so any quests you have will no longer reward a pack.

I had a 40 gold quest today and completed it just to make sure I got the pack.

Prince Liam is a terrible card. No paladin deck wants to change its cards into random cards. I can see it being pretty good in arena though.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Normal quests turned into pack quests when this promotion started, so I would think pack quests can revert back to non-pack too.

I would finish all quests before tonight to se safe

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In wild Shudderwock can be 3 of the 4 gods at once!
Is that good? Most likely not, but it's awesome.

On a more serious note, the card could be crazy good, but you need to build your deck around him.
That make him hard to judge.

Liam is such an odd card. His stats are good at least, but I have hard time coming up with a deck for him.
It would have to be a slower deck, since the effect take a while before it becomes useful, but it also play a lot of 1 mana cards for some reasons.
Then there is also call to arm, which probably means that you aren't playing too many 1 mana minions unless they are crazy good.

So maybe you play him in a control or midrange deck with secrets as well as the new 4 drop?
That's the best I've got.
Imagine after all this discussion that Prince Liam and Yubberzock are fake x_D
I don't mind talking about fan created cards, so it doesn't really matter to me.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think you need to build your deck around shubbywubby much at all. At least not in a way that really hurts your deck. Other than being a slower build.

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
Golden crafts will always be a huge mistake.

giphy_4.gif

=p

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
shubudbdawabubby should be good in most decks with good battelcries... specially the ones that have a very specific one, like jades.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm UNREASONABLY excited for this stream. Gimme.

Why can't the damned thing launch tomorrow? 3-day wait's gonna blow.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing is the wrong word. Awful, unfun, lame, those are more appropriate words.

Another deck with inevitability that makes aggro the only real choice.

The card is almost certainly real but here's hoping it isn't.

oh no no I want it to be very real, these are the legendaries I like, the ones that are big and make a huge impact, kinda like what N'zoth and Yogg are.

Status
Not open for further replies.