Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Cube Druid seems to be the new cube lock. Just as annoying too if not more.

Just as I say that I run into a really interesting deck at rank 3. It's a druid running a bunch of taunts so I assume it's a cube druid. Turns out he's running some kind of mill/toggwaggle deck. He gets my hand full with naturalize, then plays toggwaggle. It burns the switch back card, so I can't switch back. I love being surprised like that in this game.

Last edited:

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
Cube Druid seems to be the new cube lock. Just as annoying too if not more.

Just as I say that I run into a really interesting deck at rank 3. It's a druid running a bunch of taunts so I assume it's a cube druid. Turns out he's running some kind of mill/toggwaggle deck. He gets my hand full with naturalize, then plays toggwaggle. It burns the switch back card, so I can't switch back. I love being surprised like that in this game.

The only counter is to give them random beast like sentry, tinkmaster, hex and poly. Even aggro is struggling.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hm.

How are people feeling about the meta? It seems the meta favors oppressive decks with a ton of removal, and a tons of ways to mitigate damage. Odd Warrior, Taunt Druid, Cubelock...

Oct 25, 2017
Hm.

How are people feeling about the meta? It seems the meta favors oppressive decks with a ton of removal, and a tons of ways to mitigate damage. Odd Warrior, Taunt Druid, Cubelock...

It seems typical development so far. Early we had fast decks. Now we're getting more slower decks. Right now I am seeing more control than aggro by far. That is not to say it's non-existent, I've played 1 odd hunter, 1 odd rogue twice in a row, 1 tempo mage, but the rest have either been spiteful or control.

The only game that annoyed me tonight was when mage glyphed into fireball where he obviously wouldn't have won otherwise... and I guess queuing into the same aggro rogue twice in a row when I was messing around with tess rogue. So pretty good meta.

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely everyone is playing Toggwaggle druid at the top of the wild ladder today to the point I'm already sick of it.

https://twitter.com/sipiwi94/status/985897060917501952?s=21

You can only see so many spreading plagues and poison seeds before you go insane as a midrange player.

Looks like that's what my opponent was just playing against me. He played it a little different though and use naturalize to fill my hand then used toggwaggle so the switch back card would burn.

Didn't work out too well for him though because it gave him the 2 ultimate infestations I had yet to draw. And since we were both close to the bottom of our decks and our hands were pretty full, he was unable to use them.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Rank 5, ugh like half my games were vs cubelock as either spiteful priest and Druid, and hadronox Druid.

Won one of the cube games because they played poorly and the last to get the rank because of two silences early alongside a Leeroy in spiteful Druid.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing alotta faceless manipulators in cubelock decks now

void lords should have a new rule, 'Voidly Untargettable: Cannot be targetted by any friendly cards'.

that way it kills cube lock.

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
### Say YES to CTA
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (2) Drygulch Jailor
# 1x (2) Equality
# 2x (2) Knife Juggler
# 2x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 2x (2) Vicious Scalehide
# 2x (4) Blessing of Kings
# 2x (4) Call to Arms
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 2x (4) Corpsetaker
# 1x (4) Spellbreaker
# 2x (4) Truesilver Champion
# 2x (6) Crystal Lion
# 1x (6) Genn Greymane
# 2x (6) Spikeridged Steed
# 1x (6) Sunkeeper Tarim
# 1x (8) Primordial Drake
# 1x (8) Silver Sword
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 1x (8) Tirion Fordring
#
AAECAZ8FCPIF9AX6BrnBAsnHAsLOAuHwAs30Agv7AdwDzwavB7EIiMcC+NICieYCt+cClugC9uwCAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
For a brief moment I thought you were posting the legendary YES! Paladin.

If anyone has not read about this incredible, meta-defining deck in Wild, educate yourself ASAP so you can see what this game can be:
https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthston...truck_gold_with_this_wild_combo_deck_the_yes/

Oct 25, 2017
I think I forgot to share this screenshot

Hearthstone_Screenshot_04-12-18_20.17.56.png

Yeah, that happened day 2 lol

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Odd paladin made one minor mistake, he attacked my 3/1 mana guy on turn 8 giving me 10 mana for UI which swung the game wildly for me as the next turn gave me taunts/hadronox I think. Kinda felt bad he was destroying me prior to that.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
Combo glittering dragon priest refined a little bit

### GLITTER DRAGON
# Class: Priest
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Inner Fire
# 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 2x (1) Potion of Madness
# 2x (1) Power Word: Shield
# 2x (3) Deathlord
# 2x (3) Kabal Talonpriest
# 1x (3) Marsh Drake
# 1x (3) Nightmare Amalgam
# 1x (3) Shadow Word: Death
# 2x (3) Tar Creeper
# 1x (3) Twilight Acolyte
# 1x (3) Void Ripper
# 2x (5) Cobalt Scalebane
# 2x (5) Drakonid Operative
# 2x (5) Glitter Moth
# 2x (7) Nightscale Matriarch
# 2x (7) Wyrmguard
# 1x (9) Baku the Mooneater
#
AAEBAa0GBtMK/OoC/eoC9/MCnvgC3oIDDPgC5QTyDP4NtbsCursC8LsCysMCyssCju4CjO8CvPoCAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

VOID ripper is actually insane, I may need to craft the second one. you can do bonkers stuff like POM a deathlord and voidrip it for 8 damage in addition to whatever you have that got ripped as well.

Last edited:

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People are silencing minions targeted by VD and not VD itself? Why?

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
Considering that post was made post midnight all over the USA....I work midnights and play a lot, I do a lot more dumbass shit in those hours and I see people do more dumb stuff in those hours than when the suns up. by far the most lucrative time to climb the ladder is 1-5am on Friday and Saturday night for obv reasons

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
A lot of people in arena still dont understand if you dont attack with an active minion before you play Hyldnir Frostrider, then you will have an active unfrozen minion the next turn, as you already technically skipped an attack round (which is how freeze works). It is often better not to attack, as you then have agency the next turn and can respond to the board - but a lot of player just push face before attacking playing the card - which is pointless.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
I want to play quest rogue again, but I disenchanted the quest when it got nerfed :(

Zola to Zola to Zola to Zola with Valeera's hero power was crazy

Daigoro

Oct 28, 2017
fuck me, ill take an aggro meta over a taunt meta any day. shit is so long and dragged out.

i know people find aggro boring, but at least the games are over in a reasonable amount of time.

yes i just lost to a taunt druid. :p

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
Chakki on final design team is very encouraging. I hope they listen to him. I will miss him though, best decks ever,

Just put Dr. Boom in freeze mage, why not.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't usually play aggro decks, for some reason I never seem to do very well, but Odd Hunter seems really strong.

As for taunt decks, I haven't played druid (for some reason I am always a lot of expensive key cards away from building a valid druid deck), but Quest Warrior seems strong, it's a bit boring, just sit back and chuck taunts at the board until you hit the quest quota, which can happen quite quickly if you pull that echo taunt at the right time.

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
Dammit. I only have 13 out of the 30 cards needed for that deck...

I know the feeling, I pre-purchased an expansion for the first time and the difference between opening 30ish packs from gold only and opening 110+ combined is night and day.
Before when KnC and KFT came out I would see every decklist and see 3-4 epics and legendaries I didn't have. It's deflating.

If you play consistently through this expansion and have the cash. Consider the pre-purchase, I justify it given I get a ton of enjoyment out of playing and $60 every three months is pretty reasonable.

But also, I have a ton of cards now but that deck is pretty rich. 9000+ dust to craft it (I need 7700 dust to craft with my collection) feelsbadman

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a lot of trouble with odd hunter. I think you are just supposed to hit face and use your hero power as much as possible but I always get to the point where my opponent gets board advantage and I run out of steam. I guess that means I should actually trade sometimes? Like against Paladin, should I be trying to clear their board as much as possible? On turn four, if I have two 2-mana minions should I play those, or play one and use my hero power?

I almost always play control/tempo decks so I'm just not used to aggro like this.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm having a lot of trouble with odd hunter. I think you are just supposed to hit face and use your hero power as much as possible but I always get to the point where my opponent gets board advantage and I run out of steam. I guess that means I should actually trade sometimes? Like against Paladin, should I be trying to clear their board as much as possible? On turn four, if I have two 2-mana minions should I play those, or play one and use my hero power?

I almost always play control/tempo decks so I'm just not used to aggro like this.
That's one of my issues with aggro decks, know when to trade, and when to hit face, but from everything I've read and watched, it's just something that comes with experience of the current meta, and a lot of playing.

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
I need to start adding people from here so I can get the spectate a win quest cleared faster. I only have one person on my friends list that actually plays regularly and we rarely play at the same time.

Any battlenet IDs I can add to get occasionally spectated?

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018

I purchased the WW expansion and didn't quite get enough good cards or dust to feel it was worth it. But I think this thought is warped by reading about everyone's killer legendary/epic rate here and then reading about all the amazing decks I cannot create yet. So I'm just taking my time now, learning the game, playing around with deck construction with the cards I have and not worrying so much about "catching up" to players who have been at it since Beta. (I began playing this March.)

I love the game and enjoy reading this thread, but perspective, man. And I did take a shitty deck I built to Rank 17, so there's that little bit of success...

Tuna

Oct 25, 2017
Still suck in the Rank 2/1 hellhole with Even Paladin and Spiteful Druid. Just gotta keep going, but my winrates are not encouraging.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy

You have to do a lot of math to play Face Hunter well. You need to always be cognizant of the clock you are putting your opponent on and what are the ways they can increase that clock. One way for them to do that is to keep clearing your minions. So you do need to make occasional trades to protect your board, to ensure you can continue to get in chip damage.

Before any trade you should ask yourself, "Will I get more damage in the long run by using this damage to trade?". An obvious example would be hitting a Paladin's Recruit with your Candleshot on turn 3 to protect your Wolfrider. You have the choice of doing 4 damage in one turn versus 6 damage (two swings with Wolfrider) over two turns. Generally, you are going to want to do 6 damage over two turns unless it is late in the game and you can setup a next turn lethal with the 4 damage. That is a simple and obvious example, but that is the gist of what you need to do to play Face Hunter well.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
that voodoo doll interaction is unintuitive as hell so you need to see how it work first

Isn't there a precedent with a number of other spells like equality or corruption or monsters that affect your stats like peacekeeper? I'm not an active player but the first thing I would do is silence my own minion.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I am playing a Sudderwock Shaman who is roping every turn. This truly is the greatest waste of time.

I thought I was share my pain

Status
Not open for further replies.