Status
Not open for further replies.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
636684012712755933.png

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
seems like a rogue only card right now, who else cares about shuffling that much. curves into strider even, you just play on curve unless you absolutely feel you need to combo it. Your opponent might play sub optimally even to react to your spider tank. I wouldn't mind.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deck manipulation for rogue is absolutely insane this expansion.

Empty your deck turn five then add a bunch of garbage to it turn 6.

Oct 25, 2017
I think a pogo unstable element deck has some potential.

You got your pogos, aug elekk, spiders, gang up dude, maybe baleful banker, valeera, vanish, unstable element, zola.... maybe academic

At one point you're just playing large pogos every turn. It's a control deck nightmare. Just need to make it work reasonably against other decks.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think a pogo unstable element deck has some potential.

You got your pogos, aug elekk, spiders, gang up dude, maybe baleful banker, valeera, vanish, unstable element, zola.... maybe academic

At one point you're just playing large pogos every turn. It's a control deck nightmare. Just need to make it work reasonably against other decks.

You need a post manipulation draw engine too I think. The minstrel certainly helps.

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I don't understand what oakheart really pulls if you get him reliably off this card. dragonhatcher is 9 at the very least and even if you're not running taunts like sleepy dragon maybe you're running ysera,
If you pull Oakheart then you would still be getting drakkari, dragonhatcher, and Hadronox when you play him.

I'm hoping I'm wrong and the card isn't as busted as it looks

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
fun card, but I'm not sure who cares this much about shuffling stuff in their deck.
Sure you can get another booster with that card, but that's not enough reason to run it.

Honestly, I think this helps fuel a few Rogue archetypes. Rouge will have some really good shuffle cards in standard, and this will make them even better.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Would Augmented Elekk work well with coldlight oracle and dead man's hand?
I don't think so. You're already going infinite anyway, and you don't want to potentially increase the number of cards you have to draw before your next coldlight oracle and dead mans hand.

Maybe Dead Mans Hand + The Darkness?

Last edited:

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I bought the last preorder because of the extra packs, but I don't really want to spend another $42ish on this expansion despite a tempting golden legendary....hmmm time to dust everything again. I'm running out of things to dust though.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Yeah I guess I'm going to play Unstable Element/Shuffle Rogue.

So it'd be what, have Espionage and Elekk in your hand then cast Unstable Element. Then next turn Elekk + Espionage? Seems busted.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Yeah I guess I'm going to play Unstable Element/Shuffle Rogue.

So it'd be what, have Espionage and Elekk in your hand then cast Unstable Element. Then next turn Elekk + Espionage? Seems busted.
And then your next 3 top decks are a bunch of cards that would be cheap anyway, or require a synergy you don't have.

Also, will you need 20 Espionage cards instead of 10?

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Ok, so I haven't played this game in years but I kinda wanted to get back into it. Are there any tips for starting now?

On August 7th, when the new expansion is released, craft whizbang the wonderful, it's a great card for new and f2p players.

Also, they have 2 expansion bundles right now, it's the cheapest price they offer for packs. People here recommend buying with Amazon coins if you're in the USA. If you buy both preorders you will get 4/23 legendaries.

As a new player I think I would use Whizbang to check different decks and focus on 1-2 heroes once I've found what I like.

Slack Attack

Oct 28, 2017
On August 7th, when the new expansion is released, craft whizbang the wonderful, it's a great card for new and f2p players.

Also, they have 2 expansion bundles right now, it's the cheapest price they offer for packs. People here recommend buying with Amazon coins if you're in the USA. If you buy both preorders you will get 4/23 legendaries.

As a new player I think I would use Whizbang to check different decks and focus on 1-2 heroes once I've found what I like.

I'm also a returning player from years ago. As someone trying to stay f2p for now, any recommendations on how to best use gold right now? Like which packs should I be buying?

Oct 25, 2017
I am thinking about mech paladin atm. Needs a good 1 drop before becoming high potential. A mech 1 drop with divine shield could be insane. I think this archetype has potential, highly.

I'm also a returning player from years ago. As someone trying to stay f2p for now, any recommendations on how to best use gold right now? Like which packs should I be buying?

Well, to start I would recommend opening packs for every set til you get a legendary (guaranteed legendary in first 10 packs for every set - doesn't apply to old sets you've opened though like classic).

Then I'd wait for boomsday expansion to land which happens early next month... I think the 14th or something.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
I might try a pogo rogo at launch. Pogos are the only card that start out at a bad tempo and they're worthwhile on the 2nd pogo.

Into some classes you can probably go turn 1 coin pogo, turn 2 3/2 shuffle, turn 3 3/4, turn 4 fal'dorei without much struggle.
I guess vanish is also a good idea if you want to go up against slower decks in value matchups. vanishing pogos is definitely good

Edited for the more acurate pogo rogo

Oct 25, 2017
I might try a pogo rogo at launch. Pogos are the only card that start out at a bad tempo and they're worthwhile on the 2nd pogo.

Into some classes you can probably go turn 1 coin pogo, turn 2 3/2 shuffle, turn 3 3/4, turn 4 fal'dorei without much struggle.
I guess vanish is also a good idea if you want to go up against slower decks in value matchups. vanishing pogos is definitely good

Edited for the more acurate pogo rogo

I'm working on some pogo stuff. It's something I'll definitely be working with.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
You are now guaranteed a legendary in the first 10 packs of a expansion you haven't gotten packs for before, so all of them up until you get a legendary from each one.

After that, Knights of the Frozen Throne has the most must have legendaries between the death knights, Lich King, and Prince Keleseth.

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am thinking about mech paladin atm. Needs a good 1 drop before becoming high potential. A mech 1 drop with divine shield could be insane. I think this archetype has potential, highly.

Well, to start I would recommend opening packs for every set til you get a legendary (guaranteed legendary in first 10 packs for every set - doesn't apply to old sets you've opened though like classic).

Then I'd wait for boomsday expansion to land which happens early next month... I think the 14th or something.

Prepare to be pleasantly surprised. Boomsday launches August 7th.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
I actually liking this set so far, might buy the 50 packs. I don't play much HS lately, but I still need to play video games as distraction.

Oct 25, 2017
There is a border around the text that you can barely see.

edit:
I think this is a card I am going to love using in malygos rogue. 4 mana malygos using kobold illusionist. Requires an empty hand of minions but malygos for a guaranteed hit, but I think that can be done.

Bonus points if you have a backstab because then you can summon double malygos.

Last edited:

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
that could be pretty dope for sylvanas, sylvanas only reason i win many hunter games with play dead and feign dead. that's a bit of a setup for the standard deathrattle cards tho unless they unveil some real bangers

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
you know, except for the part where the body keeps the text.

It's mostly the Voltaic Burst that's not holding up its side of the bargain in that combo anyway. That card is really quite terrible without direwolf or flametongue.

I suppose it could be somewhat sticky after helping clear the board, depending on how early you play it. On turn 4 with zap would be hard to clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.