Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Week over week, player count is down over 30%. Which appears to be significantly more than previous weeks from what I can tell. People are quitting the game.

It was dropping before the link update though, since that, and all this outrage, only happened yesterday. lilScooby was right, people were getting bored with the game. AH needs that third faction soon.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Newsflash: Many people from affected countries do know this and have done exactly that. Hell, where I live, official third party Sony retailers even had guides on how to make PSN accounts from a different country. Stop making it as if people haven't been doing this for nearly two decades now.

And it is still user issue and not huge corporation issue? PSN is live for 18 years and Sony still didn't do World Wide account support. And then they decided to expand into space that doesn't have those issues without thinking.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
The PC gamers that came from those affected countries would know this.

This is PC Gamers from unaffected countries screwing over others all over again.
So you're blaming them for something that was working, for not working soon and they were supposed to know PSN details when gaming only on PC?

What?

Oct 25, 2017
Week over week, player count is down over 30%. Which appears to be significantly more than previous weeks from what I can tell. People are quitting the game.
That has been the trend for a while, we haven't seen a significant drop since the announcement (The A is the announcement):

jLQEk1E.png

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
The PC gamers that came from those affected countries would know this.

This is PC Gamers from unaffected countries screwing over others all over again.

Why would PC gamers who never needed a PSN account know about the obscure Sony policy?
Why would they RISK something like that? Not everyone is okay with rsiking their account on a policy that is explicitly forbidden in the ToS, even if sony is not enforcing it.
And some people just don't do something "illegal" like this ever.

Ant_17

Oct 28, 2017
Greece
Sadly, because PSN isn't in those countries, this ain't getting fixed, no matter how many people cry about it. The most is refunds to people from the countries and nothing else.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Who the fuck thought this was the way to do it?

Good god almighty, destroyed their entire goodwill overnight, got it delisted, getting critically dumped on, yeah buddy - this ain't the way.

What a massive headache and mistake.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I can understand that PSN doesn't exist in these countries. That being said Sony should have made a PC PSN of sorts if they were planning on selling a PC game that would require a PSN account in those countries. Like holy shit what a shitshow. What did they expect to happen??? Why even delist? Other publishers have their games up in unsupported countries and it works out fine.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly, because PSN isn't in those countries, this ain't getting fixed, no matter how many people cry about it. The most is refunds to people from the countries and nothing else.
You'd be surprised how many Steam players on supported countries do not want to use PSN accounts, even if they have one.

El Crono

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
I was on the "meh" side of the fence on this issue until there were people getting locked out of their purchase because of regional availability.

This is pretty stupid on Sony. And if this is only so they can track some metrics, then it's a whole new level of stupidity.

Anson225

Oct 26, 2017
Given the CEO and the staff are saying they are actively looking for a solution, I think they are just going to release a separate game version in the countries that don't support PSN. (Echoing what someone said here)

Hope the game won't die down because of this fiasco, but I doubt anyone outside of Reddit/here/Discord really care or are aware of even what's going on at the moment.

Oct 25, 2017
Noticeable enough, but trying to put a number is hard, I can't find my 8-ball :(
Is it going to be more noticeable than the 200k to 100k? Because I find that to be mathematically impossible.

The point is, the game was already falling off substantially. There is a vocal minority of players complaining about this, but I'm really wondering if they were even still playing the game (given the fact that they have been bleeding players).

stormfire

Nov 26, 2018
The new boss Totoki is not bending the knee. I wonder if Jim Ryan would have caved in after the backlash.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Given the CEO and the staff are saying they are actively looking for a solution, I think they are just going to release a separate game version in the countries that don't support PSN. (Echoing what someone said here)
That actually would be worse.

Tier 2 countries again? Microsoft never recovered from when they did.

And you'd piss off people that would be forced to link PSN on countries that are supported.

Clippy

Feb 11, 2022
Idk if this is actually going to hurt the game.
This is the very first Saturday where numbers weren't higher than the Friday the day before. Still pretty good numbers compared to many other games on Steam, but it'll have a measurable effect. In a few days you'll be able to see what, if any, effect it has on sales because those aren't strict 24 hour sales charts outside of specific events.

Feb 16, 2022
And it is still user issue and not huge corporation issue? PSN is live for 18 years and Sony still didn't do World Wide account support. And then they decided to expand into space that doesn't have those issues without thinking.
So you're blaming them for something that was working, for not working soon and they were supposed to know PSN details when gaming only on PC?

What?
Why would PC gamers who never needed a PSN account know about the obscure Sony policy?
Why would they RISK something like that? Not everyone is okay with rsiking their account on a policy that is explicitly forbidden in the ToS, even if sony is not enforcing it.
And some people just don't do something "illegal" like this ever.
It is a corporation issue. But the loudest voices complaining about it aren't the ones being directly affected by this. And it ends up screwing over the people who would be, but have managed to get by just fine. Do you really think people from countries like mine are so helpless that we couldn't figure out how to make accounts based in other countries so we can access games? That's infantilizing and insulting as hell.

Yes, publishers/corporations need to fucking do better. But capital G Gamers, too. Stop using smaller, less fortunate developing countries as their fucking crutches and convenient excuses whenever something like this happen and they just want to stick it to the corpos. People like me already got screwed over thanks to Steam users from privileged countries region-hopping to take advantage of regional pricing, ffs.

Let's be very clear here that the only one doing the screwing over is Sony. 😂

lol touche

Vexii

Oct 31, 2017
UK
I mean list of countries where Helldivers 2 will be unlisted since there is no PSN support.
That's the point. It's being delisted because PSN is not available in that region. It isn't being delisted because PlayStation doesn't exist in that region (which I'm assuming it does?)

Which leads me to my next question - why are there so many users worldwide with PSN accounts outside of their region, does Sony sell Playstation in regions where PSN isn't supported?

Jul 2, 2021
I can understand that PSN doesn't exist in these countries. That being said Sony should have made a PC PSN of sorts if they were planning on selling a PC game that would require a PSN account in those countries. Like holy shit what a shitshow. What did they expect to happen??? Why even delist? Other publishers have their games up in unsupported countries and it works out fine.
Because some people used it as a bullet point against the PSN integration.
"Why are they selling it in regions without official PSN support?"
And Sony said "Now we don't."

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Newsflash: Many people from affected countries do know this and have done exactly that. Hell, where I live, official third party Sony retailers even had guides on how to make PSN accounts from a different country. Stop making it as if people haven't been doing this for nearly two decades now.
Okay. So what about buying future Sony games on Steam? You expect every Steam user to violate Valve's TOS for purchasing outside their store region?

NinjaLooter

Oct 1, 2023
That's the point. It's being delisted because PSN is not available in that region. It isn't being delisted because PlayStation doesn't exist in that region (which I'm assuming it does?)

Which leads me to my next question - why are there so many users worldwide with PSN accounts outside of their region, does Sony sell Playstation in regions where PSN isn't supported?

What I am trying to say is Playstation is officially launched and supported by SIE in the Philippines since PS2 yet there is still no PSN support.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
It is a corporation issue. But the loudest voices complaining about it aren't the ones being directly affected by this. And it ends up screwing over the people who would be, but have managed to get by just fine. Do you really think people from countries like mine are so helpless that we couldn't figure out how to make accounts based in other countries so we can access games? That's infantilizing and insulting as hell.

Yes, publishers/corporations need to fucking do better. But capital G Gamers, too. Stop using smaller, less fortunate developing countries as their fucking crutches and convenient excuses whenever something like this happen and they just want to stick it to the corpos. People like me already got screwed over thanks to Steam users from privileged countries region-hopping to take advantage of regional pricing, ffs.
Ah yes, you think we are trying to do the white man saviour thing or something.

I think you live in PSN land and are too used to console gaming. You don't seem to be aware of how different PC gaming communities behave.

Ask EA. Ask Epic.

Heck, several MMO games force you to use the Steam account and you can't use an external account. Because some do not want an external account. Those are the ones complaining.

Get out off your high horse. The ones being loud did not start because of where PSN was available. It started because they had to link ANOTHER account.

The PSN availability issue came after.

Feb 16, 2022
Okay. So what about buying future Sony games on Steam? You expect every Steam user to bypass Valve's TOS for purchasing outside their store region?
What are you even talking about? Which Steam users? What game? Which region?

Also let's not act as if the esteemed Steam users™ haven't been bypassing Valve ToS proudly to region-hop and purchase games from countries with cheaper regional prices, which ended up screwing over users from those regions when devs/pubs have to raise prices significantly to counter that.

Feb 16, 2022
Ah yes, you think we are trying to do the white man saviour thing or something.

I think you live in PSN land and are too used to console gaming. You don't seem to be aware of how different PC gaming communities behave.
Oh, I know how the PC gaming communities behave. See my above post:
Also let's not act as if the esteemed Steam users™ haven't been bypassing Valve ToS proudly to region-hop and purchase games from countries with cheaper regional prices, which ended up screwing over users from those regions when devs/pubs have to raise prices significantly to counter that.

It can both be a publisher/corporate issue AND asshole users issue.

Vexii

Oct 31, 2017
UK
What I am trying to say is Playstation is officially launched and supported by SIE in the Philippines since PS2 yet there is still no PSN support.
I understand now, sorry for the confusion.

It's unacceptable. How they can justify selling the console there but not adding PSN support is frankly unconscionable

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
What are you even talking about? Which Steam users? What game? Which region?

If Helldivers 2 is delisted from regions where PSN doesn't exist, future Sony games won't be available in those regions either.

Region hopping doesn't really work anymore because Valve limits how many times you can "hop" so you're locked out of "hopping" for a few months at a time.

Ant_17

Oct 28, 2017
Greece

Not sure where you're going with this. Not having PSN doesn't mean those countries have sanctions that bans them from selling their product.

Feb 16, 2022
If you are gonna go that route, don't forget to fire shots at Microsoft account users and Nintendo account users. You missed them in your generalization.
What's with the whataboutism?

I don't use MS or Nintendo, so I wouldn't dare speak about them. I do use PSN, Steam, and EGS. Steam's regional pricing issue stemming from users region-hopping ended up affecting prices in my country to that I had to buy some games on EGS instead.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
an someone on the outside looking in, this is incredibly frustrating to see.

I wanted to get the game, but I am hesitating right now....

Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember where I saw it but there was a remark from a NZ user that did mention a game on Steam costing well above the "magic" amount of 60 USSD and closer to 90. It was in one of the more recent $$$ threads we have had.

I didn't make the remark at the time but surely the NZ region would be an interesting place to start, to see what people actually do wrt creating accounts.

The years of besting the US/larger worldwide release date by a day at the most by "hopping" has never had a proper look and it always gave me pause.

Status
Not open for further replies.