• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
C7l3hZj.png

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Can confirm that railgunn is back

Idk if is as powerful as before, but it feels pretry powerful

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
They should fix broken stuff before attempting to fix the balance (DOT, quickplay, SOS beacon, post-op counter etc. HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO)... now most pressing issues remain unresolved and the game is slightly less fun to play.

Also, this may be my gacha addict talking, but nerfing stuff from a premium currency store in a PvE game is kinda iffy to me, you do that in a gacha game and you get both legal and bomb threats lol.

Still in the middle of Stellar Blade so I'm just doing my daily PO and that's that, but I'm feeling less motivated to play, not more, which is troublesome.

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
They should fix broken stuff before attempting to fix the balance (DOT, quickplay, SOS beacon, post-op counter etc. HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO)... now most pressing issues remain unresolved and the game is slightly less fun to play.

Also, this may be my gacha addict talking, but nerfing stuff from a premium currency store in a PvE game is kinda iffy to me, you do that in a gacha game and you get both legal and bomb threats lol.

Still in the middle of Stellar Blade so I'm just doing my daily PO and that's that, but I'm feeling less motivated to play, not more, which is troublesome.

They should just take a look at how quickly people moved on from Diablo 4 due to this same trap they are falling into right now. Always fix stuff before nerfing, it's just much better PR wise. People nowadays aren't so forgiving any more since there are so many other games they could play instead. It's not a competitive game so let people have their fun.

data

Oct 25, 2017
the TCS failure FINALLY happens and every post everywhere on discord and here is about patch stuff
*sigh*
I know but the patch notes were pretty big and encompassing so you're gonna get grievance especially since they haven't fixed known issues.

Like flamethrower not working when we need it most is kinda disappointing. DoT is huge for bugs, but they didn't fix the DoT issue.
Or the fact matchmaking is broken, so sometimes you can't get a full party. I understand the reasoning for baseline patrol levels not being where they're at, but at least fix that so I can have a full party or attempt to get a full party after someone quits the game and I still can't SOS beacon.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Seems kind of weird how you can allegedly reduce spawned patrols by keeping players together and yet now they are increasing the number of patrols when people aren't in a full group. Here's hoping they know what they're doing and this isn't a strange overcorrection caused by a bug, like the fire buffs in the last patch.

the TCS failure FINALLY happens and every post everywhere on discord and here is about patch stuff
*sigh*
Sure, but this is kind of 100% Arrowhead's doing, though.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
Yeah the Quasar felt like it was in a good place before. It was very useful but very slow to fire, I'd say it was comparable vs the Autocannon which has a much higher firing rate but less utility.

Now, the Quasar is nigh useless but the AC is still the same, so IMHO there is no reason to ever use the Quasar again, just take the AC or EAT instead as they are MUCH more useful now.

Shame.
Eh I don't know about that. AC you still need the backpack and EAT doesn't work with signal jamming or mission timer runs out.

It'd be an acceptable nerf if they fixed the damn spawn rates. On suicide last night I walked into an area that had 9 chargers, then had 2 bile titans spawn. It's crazy how inconsistent it's become at times and some planets seem to be worse than others with it.

Some of the decisions in this patch are weird, why would you nerf the crossbow which is already useless for most people?

data

Oct 25, 2017
Eh I don't know about that. AC you still need the backpack and EAT doesn't work with signal jamming or mission timer runs out.

It'd be an acceptable nerf if they fixed the damn spawn rates. On suicide last night I walked into an area that had 9 chargers, then had 2 bile titans spawn. It's crazy how inconsistent it's become at times and some planets seem to be worse than others with it.

Some of the decisions in this patch are weird, why would you nerf the crossbow which is already useless for most people?
I agree there's something weird with the spawn pool. Sometimes I can maybe get like 1 - 2 bile titans in a match, others, there's like 3 active, 1 spawning after another dies

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
I agree there's something weird with the spawn pool. Sometimes I can maybe get like 1 - 2 bile titans in a match, others, there's like 3 active, 1 spawning after another dies
Or 20 bile spewers just come out of nowhere, with no bug breach.

I actually think most weapons have been reasonably well balanced over the last few patches. The enemy balance is getting progressively worse IMO, some missions are a cakewalk, others feel like they're completely unfair due to the randomness of spawn rates.

It's still a fun game but I definitely find myself rage quitting after a match at times now, something I never really did in the first couple of months.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I don't like rage quitting as I think it sucks for the host but there's definitely been some matches lately where I've just had to nope out of there. Had one last night where I was doing the objectives whilst the other players were off picking off nests and there were literally 3 chargers just sat by the terminal when I got there. Got them to follow me but then wave after wave of spewers, hunters and titans just appeared. I mean there is literally nothing in your arsenal that can cope with that so after 5 minutes of doing laps I just quit as I knew the game had hit that point where it would continue to just drop enemies in even without breaches.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
The clarification that the scaling is being fixed to be a straight linear one rather than what it was is good news. I does mean more patrols when solo but it stills seems like it'd be viable. Given how often the disconnect issues result in me playing solo that's good news.

If they were able to fix fire damage and the AMR scope next patch, and reduce disconnects, I'd be pretty happy.

Also Raise the Flag missions on 7+ are going to be a hoot. Basically roving defense missions/survey op ramped up.

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
Feel free to do more testing but I think the limits are shown here well enough. Excuse the language
18f2a7efb7293-master_playlist.mov

Frontal shots are a no no, behind the legs is good, top of the legs is good, not sure about the front of the legs. And I'm fairly certain the platform connecting the legs to the shield is a no-go too. Multi-kill potential is seemingly shredded.

They really needed to do one nerf or the other. Doing both at the same time is a bit too much to adjust to.

Either way whatever. Probably time to go back to the Scorcher anyway. Or test out the Plas Launcher. I'm completely okay with staying away from the bot front for a while since it's all I've played for the last month. Ready to stomp bugs again. I've been itching to get back on the Sickle Las Cannon train. Especially the Sickle nerf is legitimately really interesting to me as it'll really push me to nurse those meters. And the Las Cannon didn't need a buff but I'll take it for the Bug Orders.

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
Does anyone know what "Slightly reduced damage versus large volume bodies" for the Laser Cannon means? Does it simply mean larger enemies?
I'm guessing it means against Spewer Bulbs and stuff like that.

Something I won't agree with at some of y'all is that the high spawn variance is absolutely a good thing. The spikes make missions different in a game where's there's only so many dials to turn.

data

Oct 25, 2017
"even worse" implies it was bad?
it takes a hulk out in like 2 seconds and a gunship in about 3 to the thruster
Hulk in 2? Is this when targeting the head? It's hard to sustain when you're under constant fire so I have been targeting the leg since it seems to bounce off the frontal armor unless you hit it just perfectly

• Gunships sideways movement slightly increased
With this buff to gunships, it's going to be harder to maintain it on a thruster while also being rocket barraged and machineguned.

Thankfully they're lowering the spawn cap a bit but I'll have to play later today to see how it plays

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
Blitzer is a bit like a mini arc thrower I guess. It's pretty usable now. Might be time to try Blitzer + Arc later tonight, Arc for charger and Blitzer for everything else.

edit: haven't tested it on bots so it might still be shit there lol

Last edited:

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
So, I count that 15 weapons got buffed and 5 got nerfed.
(I'm considering the ammo changes to be neutral since no-one runs out of ammo on those guns, and the re-supply has been buffed to compensate.)
But of course, Reddit and Discord are full of memes about how everything is a nerf and how some weapons is now "unusable".

The new termicide mission sounds cool. I guess the termicide R&D programme was sponsored by the big E-710 companies.

Grenlento

Dec 6, 2023
Welp, none of the groups I run with make a full four, so we'll see how the patrol thing impacts us.

We were fine doing the dailies on Challenging ~ Hard while we shoot the shit. If it's so much action now that we rarely get to talk, idk...

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
god the plasma punisher feels fucking awesome now
huge buff for it

and the diligence is nuts now, wow
i always loved it but now it's so damn good against bots

really need to try the blitzer now, i always wanted to love it but it just fired too slow

View: https://youtu.be/ehSS1gmNEZc
the stagger is like WHEW

AlexTrevelyan

Oct 27, 2017

This is basically how I feel. I'm assuming weapon balancing doesn't suck up that much dev time but I wish they'd just work on the list of bugs that keeps growing every patch.

I don't get worked up about it since I play enough to have enough super credits to buy all the warbonds, but weapons being tied to warbonds feels bad. When the day comes I don't play enough to be able to get warbonds for free, I'd never buy one for weapons, it'd have to be because the cosmetics appealed to me(which seems unlikely, that doesn't really happen on any game for me).

If I spent $10 to essentially buy a weapon because I saw a video where it looked really fun, then I grinded out the medals and they nerfed it two weeks later I'd be so mad haha

Last edited:

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
The patrol change is a weird one to prioritize when there's still issues with crashes/dropping from games and nobody new joining, but with the explanation it sounds fine enough.

Eruptor being nerfed shows that they're willing to nerf premium weapons which imo is a good thing. Still think nerfing based on pick rate in a PvE game is not the way to go but whatever. I like using different weapons and stratagems every mission so I don't mind adapting I just think it's dumb to nerf things into the ground because people are using it too much. I bet the Quasar will get buffed in the future to actually be useful, though maybe not as good as before, just like the Railgun seemingly has.

Last edited:

Dr. Sanchez

Nov 15, 2017
ammo economy changes aren't a big deal to me and the railgun feels the same to me, as in it's always been a great weapon. Maybe it will do better against cannon turrets and AA emplacements on the bot side.
The patrol change is a weird one to prioritize when there's still issues with crashes/dropping from games and nobody new joining, but with the explanation it sounds fine enough.

Eruptor being nerfed shows that they're willing to nerf premium weapons which imo is a good thing. Still think nerfing based on pick rate in a PvE game is not the way to go but whatever. I like using different weapons and stratagems every mission so I don't mind adapting I just think it's dumb to nerf things into the ground because people are using it too much. I bet the Quasar will get buffed in the future to actually be useful, though maybe not as good as before, just like the Railgun seemingly has.
I don't understand how a 5 second nerf to the quasar made it go from a good weapon to a useless one, like I need a scenario to explain it since I rarely used it anyway.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
ammo economy changes aren't a big deal to me and the railgun feels the same to me, as in it's always been a great weapon. Maybe it will do better against cannon turrets and AA emplacements on the bot side.

I don't understand how a 5 second nerf to the quasar made it go from a good weapon to a useless one, like I need a scenario to explain it since I rarely used it anyway.
My impression is that the railgunn takes less shots to penetrate
Specially in unsafe mode
Its not broken as before, but def feels better