steejee

Oct 28, 2017
So new mission type is neat...but I accidently solo'd it on Helldive difficulty twice, and it was easy. Sadly the samples are limited, so no Rare Sample farming.

First time I just dove in and within 5 minutes I got ye olde "Everything runs in place and then disconnect after a minute" issue, so I was solo. There were Super Samples somewhere on the map that dive. I ended up just running around the outside and had no issue clearing the objectives. Don't have to wait for any of them, can snipe the eggs you need to hit, and extraction immediately lands so no 2m timer.

Second time I intentionally went solo, basically same outcome. Did bomb a Titan with Eagle Airstrike but that was the only moment of craziness. For some reason no Super Samples were available on that dive, so no idea what that's about.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
My bad. I meant the Breaker shotgun. It lost power. The Incendiary version is still suffering from the DOT bug. I can't find a main weapon that I like. I try many but I always feel like they are not effective enough against bugs. Qasar is also trash now. It stopped being a helpful weapon when things are tight. Everytime I find a fun loadout they change things. Maybe I should just go play something else.
Just save up for the Warbond or play against bots for the time being. Or use an ad clear support weapon.

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm just gonna play against bots mostly when soloing for now. The increased amount of hunters I have to deal with when soloing just irritates me lol.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Thought I'd try out some other weapons, picked the shield pack and the plasma shotgun. Turns out your own shield detonates the plasma, so every time you shoot with a shield on, it explodes in your hand. Fun. Dropped the shield pack and it worked fine.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
idk I tried the blitzer on trivial and it still couldn't even handle basic crowd control...the spread is too inconsistent.

Dr. Sanchez

Nov 15, 2017
My bad. I meant the Breaker shotgun. It lost power. The Incendiary version is still suffering from the DOT bug. I can't find a main weapon that I like. I try many but I always feel like they are not effective enough against bugs. Qasar is also trash now. It stopped being a helpful weapon when things are tight. Everytime I find a fun loadout they change things. Maybe I should just go play something else.
Yea, the DOT bug affects the incendiary shotgun badly, but the regular breaker just had the capacity reduced, it still does the same damage. The majority of the changes in this patch are buffs and many of the nerfs are only ammo economy changes. I'd argue the only weapons that got noticeably hit are the quasar cannon and the crossbow.

Grenlento

Dec 6, 2023
idk I tried the blitzer on trivial and it still couldn't even handle basic crowd control...the spread is too inconsistent.
I'm used to the Punisher shotgun and the Blitzer's slower rate of fire made it harder to pick off fleas that were swarming me from multiple angles, but I liked that it could deal with the armored bugs on its own.

Then I tangentially team-killed a buddy that was in the general line-of-fire of a bug, lol. Never used these arc weapons; but I'll stick with it for now, and use the Senator to try and pick off targets near team mates.

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
I think the devs need a difficulty mode where they can overtune it to hell and not bend to anyone. I think it would be a good outlet for them. Call it 10, make the unlock requirements stupid, break through the fourth wall and say "you're not supposed to extract". I'm fairly sure this patch really brought in the top power level of the divers and it's all around more difficult on average.

Like I'm pretty sure I'm getting mass gaslit about the Eruptor especially against bots cause if people aren't seeing a change, they weren't using it right. And the Qasar had been too good since it launched. It pushed out the EAT and defo the RR.

All this and I'll still say, I think the game is too easy on Level 9 if you have a highly competent squad.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
With the Armor buff for taking less headshot damage, is that for Armor of 100 and up or Armor that is above 100?

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
Like I'm pretty sure I'm getting mass gaslit about the Eruptor especially against bots cause if people aren't seeing a change, they weren't using it right.
nahhhh I refuse to be lied to by the community. That gun is not good enough anymore. Sure it never should've been able to two tap wipe drop ships but it's grunt multi-kill potential is damn near entirely gone. Maybe two bot grunts on top of each other, if you're lucky. I never used it for bugs so I won't comment on that. But this really just isn't a good primary weapon anymore. It needs a chaff clear weapon. And if you're running that you're not running an AT Secondary.

It does still one tap Devastors of all types tho. But so do the snipers now. It can close Fabs. So that's its use case. Run with a Stalwart I guess. Huge miss here. Should just go back to the Scorcher and take a break from bots.

Dr. Sanchez

Nov 15, 2017
nahhhh I refuse to be lied to by the community. That gun is not good enough anymore. Sure it never should've been able to two tap wipe drop ships but it's grunt multi-kill potential is damn near entirely gone. Maybe two bot grunts on top of each other, if you're lucky. I never used it for bugs so I won't comment on that. But this really just isn't a good primary weapon anymore. It needs a chaff clear weapon. And if you're running that you're not running an AT Secondary.

It does still one tap Devastors of all types tho. But so do the snipers now. It can close Fabs. So that's its use case. Run with a Stalwart I guess. Huge miss here. Should just go back to the Scorcher and take a break from bots.
I saw a before and after video comparison on bugs, and it performs comparably for close groups. There is a noticeable explosion radius reduction, but not enough to say it's bad, at least for bugs. I could never get it one shot devastators consistently pre patch no matter where I shot them at, unless it was a direct headshot so I stopped using it for bots.

ya know I just found out about the ability to spin the senator, which makes it the best gun in the game.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Eruptor actually got a slight buff, the smaller blast radius means it is now actually much better at closer range. It is noticable.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
The Senator is straight up useful now, might be my new fav sidearm.

OH and do NOT use the Punisher Plasma with the Energy Shield Backpack! When you fire the plasma it explodes INSIDE your very own shield, nearly killing you and sending you flying backwards! 😂

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Did they change how this games feels on PS5? I have over 250 hours and I could swear the controls feel off now.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
The new mission type seems a bit easy. Just press 3 buttons and shoot some eggs?
Way easier than the activation missions that summoned a horde for a minute or two of base-defence.
The enemy spawns don't seem that high either.
I've not failed it yet, and I was completing helldives with no real team coordination (and I don't usually play on such high difficulty).

data

Oct 25, 2017
The new mission type seems a bit easy. Just press 3 buttons and shoot some eggs?
Way easier than the activation missions that summoned a horde for a minute or two of base-defence.
The enemy spawns don't seem that high either.
I've not failed it yet, and I was completing helldives with no real team coordination (and I don't usually play on such high difficulty).
Don't give them ideas. We're already having a hard time pushing Fenrir 3 lol.

Oct 27, 2017
I hadn't been back to Fenrir 3 since they changed the rendering on it and it's really cool how its red moon gives it an orange atmospheric glow now.

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I wish there was a good weapon to deal with them. Their constant strafing plus slow poison sucks a lot

The only sensible choice is incendiary shotty even with the DOT bug imo. Not to mention they can attack multiple times in the duration of one reload for a lot of weapons and usually by the 2nd or 3rd swipe at you it's almost a guaranteed headshot. They should be slowed a tad imo. They already require multiple shots to kill, tend to spread out to waste your ammo and can slow you.

Otoh, there seem to be some more hitbox weirdness/bugs after the last patch. Multiple times, a dead body can block a huge area of empty space so my plasma can't get through. One time, during an eradication mission, I can't fire into a huge section of the empty area until I died.

Last edited:

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
TMULzuX.png

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
That explain sooooo much. I had to show clips I recorded to my friend to show them that many of the teamkill I was doing were happening while I was shooting at targets that were far enough not to damage them, only to see them be oneshot from full life, at like 10 meters from the actual explosion.
And with the new patch it was now also happening to me with suicides which never happened before.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
My frames are kinda the same but they definitely fucked something up, because i see a lot of gamma flicker on my OLED monitor which means the frametime is probably bad. I didnt had it before the update

Also the kill missions are bugged again or what? Just did a difficulty 7 bug kill mission and havent seen a single charger or BT the whole time