• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Which premium warbond is the best? I have the first one because I have Super Citizen, what about the other 2?

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
Which premium warbond is the best? I have the first one because I have Super Citizen, what about the other 2?

Depends on your playstyle and what weapons you prefer, the sickle in cutting edge is pretty much the most well rounded primary in the game when fighting bots but not so great against bugs because of spewers, democratic demolition lets you have a grenade launcher for a side arm so you can take utility grenades.

They both have some good unlocks and some "why would I ever use this" ones too

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on your playstyle and what weapons you prefer, the sickle in cutting edge is pretty much the most well rounded primary in the game when fighting bots but not so great against bugs because of spewers, democratic demolition lets you have a grenade launcher for a side arm so you can take utility grenades.

They both have some good unlocks and some "why would I ever use this" ones too

Sickle is best, especially on cold planets.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Thanks to nice and polite high level players I've unlocked Extreme Difficulty while using the starting strategems, nice!

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I would suggest getting Cutting Edge for the LAS-16 Sickle if you primarily fight the Terminids. If you primarily fight the Automatons I'd go with the new one for the R-36 Eruptor. In my opinion those weapons are easily the best against those enemies. If you don't care either way get Cutting Edge for the Sickle as it's also one of the best against the Automatons.

noodlesoup

Feb 21, 2018
Chicago, IL
RDT-20240420-1015442946236640882154513.webp

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
when i join a game in progress as the 4th and NO ONE is using the sprint booster...like what are you even doing?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
It's so funny that at high level you circle back to the most basic stuff because of cooldowns and ease of use (EATs, Grenade Launcher, Precision Strike, Gas and EMP Strike).

Also I tried both Punisher Plasma and Blitzer and...damn, what a bunch of shit lol. Thank god that Warbond had insanely useful stun grenade and Sickle.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Not sure what they did with the spawns but the evacuation mission is fuckin' impossible right now.

2 days ago on Impossible/Helldive it was fairly manageable, now? I'm getting 10 rocket fuckers dropped in the zone, 5 hulks, 2 tanks and we get overwhelmed instantly just burning through reinforcements.

Spamming survivors also doesn't seem to be working too, AI has a hard-on on them.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
If they're gonna push a ton of defense missions on us it'd be nice if they fixed them first. The amount of enemies spawned in those evacuate scientists missions is just impossible to manage.

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
The controller i was playing this game with decided to shit the bed (massive stick drift) a couple of days ago, so i had to look for a temporary solution since the rest of my controllers don't have paddles, and i must say that the controller configuration options available are quite awesome: for each input you can select tap, double tap, press, long press or hold, which gives you a lot of freedom.

I moved run to R1 (long press) and the communication wheel to left dpad (long press) so i dont have to click the left stick.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
The controller i was playing this game with decided to shit the bed (massive stick drift) a couple of days ago, so i had to look for a temporary solution since the rest of my controllers don't have paddles, and i must say that the controller configuration options available are quite awesome: for each input you can select tap, double tap, press, long press or hold, which gives you a lot of freedom.

I moved run to R1 (long press) and the communication wheel to left dpad (long press) so i dont have to click the left stick.
It's really good, they have the same options for kbm too!

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure what they did with the spawns but the evacuation mission is fuckin' impossible right now.

2 days ago on Impossible/Helldive it was fairly manageable, now? I'm getting 10 rocket fuckers dropped in the zone, 5 hulks, 2 tanks and we get overwhelmed instantly just burning through reinforcements.

Spamming survivors also doesn't seem to be working too, AI has a hard-on on them.
if this is the mission type where you have to evacuate 40+ people in 15 minutes on a 'Defend' Planet (versus the standard 40 minute Emergency Evacuation mission type that you can find on any planet where you have to find the communication uplinks before reaching the evacuation part) it's always been a borderline broken kind of hard (and was even worse at launch) - either you got really lucky with spawns a few days ago or you played the easier standard Evacuate mission type, as they haven't listed any changes with how they work recently

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Finished the day by unlocking Impossible Difficulty, but I think I'll stick with Suicide for the time being to farm resources and stuff, then after I reach level 20 or so I'll start looking into the harder trophies that need basically boosting to do.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
if this is the mission type where you have to evacuate 40+ people in 15 minutes on a 'Defend' Planet (versus the standard 40 minute Emergency Evacuation mission type that you can find on any planet where you have to find the communication uplinks before reaching the evacuation part) it's always been a borderline broken kind of hard (and was even worse at launch) - either you got really lucky with spawns a few days ago or you played the easier standard Evacuate mission type, as they haven't listed any changes with how they work recently

Yeah I'm talking about the defend planet variety. It's fuckin' cray cray.

Jetpaction

Jun 2, 2019
The Netherlands
I had a kind of hilarious automaton defense mission that was over as soon as it started. The very first dropship that came in dropped a factory strider right on top of the objective that you have to protect. Instant mission failed, lol.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

View: https://youtu.be/TOCpJfSbpT4

the detail in this game keeps surprising me

I had a kind of hilarious automaton defense mission that was over as soon as it started. The very first dropship that came in dropped a factory strider right on top of the objective that you have to protect. Instant mission failed, lol.

did you not close the gates? enemies can't be dropped or spawned behind closed gates, that's why you want to close all the gates before starting the mission and then do a bit of a withdrawing defense

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I do question if they are going to do something further with the defense/evacuation missions. It is always left for the last in the set and 90% of player leave when they see it lol.

Even levels 100+ peace out.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
i am sure it will get a rework, yeah
I almost want to say that completely nuking this mission type and replacing it permanently with the gate tower defense one might not be a bad idea.

Also, I only played couple of hours of HD1 on Vita but IIRC the war was constantly rebooting/refreshing itself there with either liberating all sectors or fall of Super Earth. Are they doing same thing here?
Automatons are getting dangerously close to Earth.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I almost want to say that completely nuking this mission type and replacing it permanently with the gate tower defense one might not be a bad idea.

Also, I only played couple of hours of HD1 on Vita but IIRC the war was constantly rebooting/refreshing itself there with either liberating all sectors or fall of Super Earth. Are they doing same thing here?
Automatons are getting dangerously close to Earth.
they said HD2 will be a "forever war" and will be keeping up this manual narrative compared to HD1s wars being fully automated and having a win and loss state
I personally think they will at some point maybe in like 2 years or so, set the war to automatic but who knows
for now the future is bright haha

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a generally agreed upon list of settings for optimal steam deck play? Will be bringing the game to a friends today and tinkering with it trying to get it less… shimmery. I get it won't look or run amazing.

Zachary_Games

Jul 31, 2020
Never do the evacuate personnel ones, just do operations that don't include them

I win about 50% of them on impossible. They are tough but doable. The last win two of my teammates didn't do shit while my other teammate and I busted ass getting all 45 scientists evacuated. Feeling like we weren't going to win was a big part of the fun.

This was against bugs. Bots are another beast. I have not played an evacuation mission against bots in about a week. Last match was a dub but was with three of my friends not randos. I don't think I could win an impossible evacuation match against bots with a team of randos.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say, those level 4 ship modules are underwhelming, and half feel like a scam right now.

Superior packing methodology doesn't work;

Fire damage is bugged;

Sentries 50% less explosive damage seemingly does nothing (see https://youtu.be/lLyc47EbPYc?si=lyakfD332tD1J5mZ )

At their current exorbitant price, I'd expect better upgrades.

It's all I have left to unlock… bring on primary weapon upgrades like in HD1!

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Honestly after 19h and several matches in Suicide Difficulty today I find bots way easier than bugs as a whole, maybe because they are humanoid I can deal better with their attack patterns

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Honestly after 19h and several matches in Suicide Difficulty today I find bots way easier than bugs as a whole, maybe because they are humanoid I can deal better with their attack patterns
I think it's just that no matter how much firepower you have, you're always gonna get swarmed by the bugs at some point where as with bots any good team can clear any encounter with ease. What I think really makes the bugs difficult is the hunters jumping all over the place, while bots always stay together

Kratos2098

Feb 18, 2022
Yeah like I said the other day we may reach 5/10 defends by the time this MO is over. 2 days and it looks like we'll be at 2/10 by the end of this day.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Lol forgot to change my loadout and rocked the eruptor, grenade pistol and AC against the bugs....suprisingly wasn't as bad as I thought it would be despite the complete lack of cqc...

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I gotta say, those level 4 ship modules are underwhelming, and half feel like a scam right now.

Superior packing methodology doesn't work;

Fire damage is bugged;

Sentries 50% less explosive damage seemingly does nothing (see https://youtu.be/lLyc47EbPYc?si=lyakfD332tD1J5mZ )

At their current exorbitant price, I'd expect better upgrades.

It's all I have left to unlock… bring on primary weapon upgrades like in HD1!

Yeah most of those upgrades are straight up highway robbery.

AlexTrevelyan

Oct 27, 2017

I dunno, I find the bugs dramatically easier. When the game decides to drop 10 heavy devastators on you out of nowhere, along with the other 100 enemies shooting at you...its just not a great time haha

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Rover is so OP lmao, just finished a Suicide Mission with level 50-60 party members and I outnumbered their kill number by 200+ just because of Rover

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Had fun running a supply backpack and spamming Plasma Punisher and Crossbow shots into crowds of bugs last night. Excited for them to inevitably get buffed since noone uses them.