cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Those dumbasses from Sony just have back off from this game and let the devs do their job. The game is great and fun and taking it away after months for some people for no reason is absolutely the stupidest thing they could do.

Anyways, just found enough super credits to unlock a second premium warbond. Went with the arc warbond this time. I like how u are able to get the currency in-game to unlock these warbonds with enough playtime. They didn't make it an unfair grind either.

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
For a loadout to mainly clear chaff and take care of the occasional charger, i'd go with :

Incindiary breaker - still good with the dot bug. I'm lazy and use the sickle against everything, but it's a precision weapon that's better against bots.

Any secondary besides the grenade pistol. Senator is nice now.

Stun grenade

Grenade launcher

Ammo pack or laser guard dog, depending on your playstyle with the grenade launcher

Orbital precision strike. Paired with a stun grenade, I find it's more reliable than the eagle air strike against chargers. It also has a shorter cooldown than the railcannon.

Eagle airstrike
I'll give the Orbital a shot!
I used the Incin Breaker for like 50 hours so it and I are taking a break. I didn't recognize in my brain that I could just use it for Chargers too. That plus 500 probably brings me to… 4 big threats every 3 minutes.1 a minute is much better than the 1 every minute and a half I was getting. Plus it puts them on separate timers.

Kratos2098

Feb 18, 2022
Not gonna lie I'm pretty annoyed at the devs throwing Sony under the bus. They gave their team time to fix issues and postpone this and they repay Sony like this? Screw them

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
The game is being updated to something those people don't want, so it makes sense that they leave a negative review.

PSN accounts aren't available in all the regions that the game was, and is still, sold.
Sony have a history of data breaches.
Also it installs kernel level anti-cheat (which is just always a bad idea), lets not forget about Sony rootkits that allowed malware in back in the 00's.

If you aren't included in the first problem, and don't care about the rest then all good for you. But there are at least 100k that disagree with forced 3rd party account requirements.
>me when I don't realize i can just lie when signing up for an account

bezuzu

May 3, 2023
Those dumbasses from Sony just have back off from this game and let the devs do their job.

Easy to say that, but AH had a very rocky launch which in turn caused them to turn off the mandatory linking which was there from the beginning, there was even a post about it. Whoever made that call fucked up.

If this game had no issues at launch, would this even be a discussion atm?

data

Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie I'm pretty annoyed at the devs throwing Sony under the bus. They gave their team time to fix issues and postpone this and they repay Sony like this? Screw them
I mean they fixed the issue and are planning to integrate PSN in a month. What exactly do you want the devs to do? Right now it's AH and Sony taking the flak where most people are dissenting their opinion in the Helldiver discord

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean they fixed the issue and are planning to integrate PSN in a month. What exactly do you want the devs to do? Right now it's AH and Sony taking the flak where most people are dissenting their opinion in the Helldiver discord
They could have not pretended this all came as a huge shock and nobody in the office had ever heard of PSN linking before, and were actually mad it had been suggested?

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
Ship upgrades completed. The Pride of Super Earth watches over the nameless Helldivers, now with 15 percent less HE barrage spread.

Is this terminid difficulty increase permanent or is it just part of the major order?

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
It honestly pisses me off how much Sony blundered here, holy shit. Arrowheads should've also communicated better.
What a shitshow.

Professor Lich

Resettlement Advisor
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not a good night. Had a game where I couldn't respawn, then had a game where I fell into a hole that didn't kill me, then just crashed seconds before extracting. Game is still fun, just rough when you run into issues.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Got some missions in tonight for the first time in a while, the airburst is very fun to use but the reload is excruciating. Managed to not kill my friends at all with it, so that was nice. The TCS mission was a really cool map, but also super boring. We barely saw any bugs and then it was over. Still, I hope it means hive lords or something else nasty soon.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, the major order finished, was not paying attention and was wondering why all the operations suddenly disappeared from Erata Prime as I was selecting a new one.

Wonder if we're gonna get some filler orders before handling Meridia while Arrowhead is busy handling the Sony fiasco

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
sfmlgHX.png

(Note that there's a separate package for Japan specifically).

Last edited:

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, the major order finished, was not paying attention and was wondering why all the operations suddenly disappeared from Erata Prime as I was selecting a new one.

Wonder if we're gonna get some filler orders before handling Meridia while Arrowhead is busy handling the Sony fiasco
We secured the planet? Good. I can take it easy over the next few days to reach 250 medals then.

Regarding the country locks on Steam, this clearly should've been done at launch. I wonder if Arrowheads was trying to fight the mandatory PSN account thing up until now. I'm also guessing this is the reason for the mess between PSN/Steam friend lists issues.

Oct 27, 2017
sorry, off-topic ahead:

Wow, for some stupid reason I felt the need to check the Steam user reviews for this game (all before the current situation). It seems the App shows reviews from your country first and foremost (in my case it's Argentina), which is good... But I found a gigantic chunk of ultra right-wing libertarian fuckers, obviously full of rooting for our current clown, fascist-wannabe, disgrace of a President. Really disgusting shit.

People just can't understand an obvious satire, ffs.

/off-topic rant

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why PSN linking isn't just tied to cross play. If you have no PSN, it should just prevent cross play with PS players, not block the whole game.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
We secured the planet? Good. I can take it easy over the next few days to reach 250 medals then.

Regarding the country locks on Steam, this clearly should've been done at launch. I wonder if Arrowheads was trying to fight the mandatory PSN account thing up until now. I'm also guessing this is the reason for the mess between PSN/Steam friend lists issues.
On day one when my group joined, some PS5 some PC, the friend codes thing worked pretty much perfectly - even with everything else falling over all the time. Sample size is small there of course. But I do wonder if they broke something when disabling the requirement, adding the "skip" leading to these current "known issues" they somehow haven't fixed in months?

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
On day one when my group joined, some PS5 some PC, the friend codes thing worked pretty much perfectly - even with everything else falling over all the time. Sample size is small there of course. But I do wonder if they broke something when disabling the requirement, adding the "skip" leading to these current "known issues" they somehow haven't fixed in months?
This might be related, yes, because I also remember being able to add and invite PSN players all day every day for the first week or so.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
sorry, off-topic ahead:

Wow, for some stupid reason I felt the need to check the Steam user reviews for this game (all before the current situation). It seems the App shows reviews from your country first and foremost (in my case it's Argentina), which is good... But I found a gigantic chunk of ultra right-wing libertarian fuckers, obviously full of rooting for our current clown, fascist-wannabe, disgrace of a President. Really disgusting shit.

People just can't understand an obvious satire, ffs.

/off-topic rant
Not really offtopic in the Helldivers OT, tbh. Yesterday I saw an interesting youtube video uploaded by Polygon talking about Starship Troopers AND Helldivers and how people interact with satire, and the very last point (spoilers for the video I guess) was how fascists and chuds will unironically embrace stuff like this and it is something that ArrowHead should keep tabs on.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Not really offtopic in the Helldivers OT, tbh. Yesterday I saw an interesting youtube video uploaded by Polygon talking about Starship Troopers AND Helldivers and how people interact with satire, and the very last point (spoilers for the video I guess) was how fascists and chuds will unironically embrace stuff like this and it is something that ArrowHead should keep tabs on.
This is honestly part of why it's so frustrating to deal with the controversies around this, cause the chuds immediately turned on Arrowhead when finding out they have queer people on their team (and the CM supporting trans people in her social media bio's) and that the game's satire wasn't just for shits and giggles, and mark kern pointed his chud army on Helldivers 2 again the second the PSN linking announcement went up.

Even if people aren't part of those shitheads, alot of this discourse is completely poisoned by them misconstruing the fuck out of everything and blowing it out of proportion to get a bandwagon started. There was so little genuinity in the initial complaints before Sony decided to go scorched earth.

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting, I'll watch it later for sure. Thank you.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Last night was ROUGH with randoms for a bit. I…tk-ed someone on purpose and I'm not proud of it. I quick played in late, realized they had burned a bunch of enforcements so I started putting in work. Knocked out the last 5 holes then got on the terminal for radar. I reinforce a guy away from me then get back to the terminal. I am legit pushing buttons then they land on me, kill me and take my bubble shield. Left me sitting on reinforce until someone else needed it. Then called us both in. I immediately popped their dome and took the kick. 🤷🏾‍♀️

data

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I miss when the discussion is mainly about the game and major orders haha
As we get more news, we should be returning to our scheduled programming, albiet with a lot of helldivers lost due to region issues or those who wish to not make PSN accounts. June 4th will be the cutoff where we'll likely see a massive dropoff in playerbase which will be sad to see, but I hope there will still be quite a few people still playing and enjoying the game.

Last night was ROUGH with randoms for a bit. I…tk-ed someone on purpose and I'm not proud of it. I quick played in late, realized they had burned a bunch of enforcements so I started putting in work. Knocked out the last 5 holes then got on the terminal for radar. I reinforce a guy away from me then get back to the terminal. I am legit pushing buttons then they land on me, kill me and take my bubble shield. Left me sitting on reinforce until someone else needed it. Then called us both in. I immediately popped their dome and took the kick. 🤷🏾‍♀️
Ouch, yeah, I hate when people take my support weapon when it's not off cooldown. I still need it you know!

I fucking hate that that POS Grummz is getting an even bigger following thanks to this PSN fiasco
Sadly, Helldivers 2 news is generating engagement so they'll eagerly make it a talking point

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
I generally don't do weekend Helldivers for this reason. Level 8 & 9 on weekdays is when the no-nonsense gameplay happens. What always humors me is the extremely inability for people to lock it in when we drop under 10 or 5 reinforcements and then they bail after dying 10 times. Then the rest of the team bails, and I just keep on trucking and finish the mission by myself solo. Alternatively, 3 new teammates drop in and we share 5 lives, and ace the mission. That's the best feeling. I tell ya, this game was cursed with success.

Man, I miss when the discussion is mainly about the game and major orders haha

Unless the game turns into Overwatch where it gets endlessly brigaded for no particularly good reason, it'll pass in a week or two or after June. I unfollowed everyone except here, cause here is the only place people can still talk about content.

——

On another note. I've been running the ballistic shield and Defender SMG and it's absolutely a paradigm shift in playing he game against bots. A breath of fresh air really. Orbital Precision (with stuns) and 380 Barrage (for bot drops and bases). With the Laser Cannon cause it can nuke every enemy's weakspots. Getting used to it is very very janky but give it an operations and you mightttttttt love it

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
It has been a deflating couple of days for sure. Still looking forward to any new content but what a speedbump to hit.
My favorite game of the recent years, waited for this to be announced and come out for years
Was blown away by the success and that finally a game i enjoyed was on an actual positive trek forward with a bright future
Now this happens and basically any talk about this game online will forever be tainted
So infuriating

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
My favorite game of the recent years, waited for this to be announced and come out for years
Was blown away by the success and that finally a game i enjoyed was on an actual positive trek forward with a bright future
Now this happens and basically any talk about this game online will forever be tainted
So infuriating
Same here.. same here. Just got to stay positive that they can weather this storm and build back up. Just a crappy situation all round.

Paertan

Oct 28, 2017
I really wonder what the statement from Sony will be. This is too big to ignore. Man if they through Arrowhead under the bus and blame them. I hope they state since they did a mistake they will not be enforcing the linking and instead encourage it with a Warbond or something.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'll miss this TCS emergency shutdown campaign.

Ballistic shield and SMG is super fun to use and quite effective, I'm looking forward to the new weapon dropping next week.

Started using the Blitzer again, it's lacking in the damage department but the crowd control is VERY nice.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I'll miss this TCS emergency shutdown campaign.

Ballistic shield and SMG is super fun to use and quite effective, I'm looking forward to the new weapon dropping next week.

Started using the Blitzer again, it's lacking in the damage department but the crowd control is VERY nice.
Hip firing the Blitzer against bugs makes me feel like a lion tamer with chair & whip in hand.

Back!.. Back!

data

Oct 25, 2017
Does 500kg kill spore spewer and shrieker nest? They have buffed the former recently.
Feels hit and miss with it.

I think it needs to be direct or else the blast isn't enough to destroy them in one hit

Hip firing the Blitzer against bugs makes me feel like a lion tamer with chair & whip in hand.

Back!.. Back!

Blitzer is great until you get swarmed by hunters and the thing doesn't target properly

Spawn rate will probably still be high now that the MO is done. I see the base is 2.5% and we can only push hellmire atm on the bug side lol

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017

Back!.. Back!

THIS. I find it easier and better to hipfire it. And yeah, pushing the whole swarm back is amazing.

Blitzer is great until you get swarmed by hunters and the thing doesn't target properly
That's when you dive backwards and hipfire it into the little shit. Or you eat a stim and pull out the Senator.

data

Oct 25, 2017
That's when you dive backwards and hipfire it into the little shit. Or you eat a stim and pull out the Senator.

Yeah if they get some breathing room and the stim doesn't glitch and play the sound to work when it doesn't.

Also they have not tuned down the evac mission on bots defense missions.

robmongascy

Nov 27, 2022
Just completed my first mission on Helldive difficulty, having 5 bile titans show up when waiting for extraction wasn't fun 😂

Grenlento

Dec 6, 2023
I'll be honest, I don't especially love this game & mainly play it because of friends. But this whole drama has me stanning for it now when the topic comes up with said friends. Gamers are the worst.

data

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be honest, I don't especially love this game & mainly play it because of friends. But this whole drama has me stanning for it now when the topic comes up with said friends. Gamers are the worst.
If it wasn't for the situation, the community is generally wholesome. Lots of hugs and salutes all around.

Outside of balance patch discussions as well lol