Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that was kinda dicky though I'm glad they at least had the courtesy to have bloodborne
Yeah i hear ya, but am just saying it will be ok based on what we have seen, and based on what we have seen it might even be better. Dark Souls, Sekiro, Elden Ring. Knowing Sony they would have passed on some of these games if the devs only option was Sony. We will see.

Roronoa_Zoro

Jan 15, 2022
Pittsburgh
Yeah i hear ya, but am just saying it will be ok based on what we have seen, and based on what we have seen it might even be better. Dark Souls, Sekiro, Elden Ring. Knowing Sony they would have passed on some of these games if the devs only option was Sony. We will see.
Yeah I don't want Sony to be able to hold them hostage or anything but unless they betray them in some way by having them censor a game or suppressing it or not helping market it next time or something I see no need to spit in the face of a good partnership

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Now relist your games on steam so that - checks notes, 100 more people can buy the game.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
Will be interesting to see the legs and if they can turn this into a legit long-term live service success. Going well so far, but Sony doesn't have much experience with the genre and have already made a few missteps.

Roronoa_Zoro

Jan 15, 2022
Pittsburgh
Will be interesting to see the legs and if they can turn this into a legit long-term live service success. Going well so far, but Sony doesn't have much experience with the genre and have already made a few missteps.
Hopefully they have some big events. Imagine a new giant bug everyone has to team up to take down or a robot bug or just like a space swarm invades ships or something or even a super earth invasion

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully they have some big events. Imagine a new giant bug everyone has to team up to take down or a robot bug or just like a space swarm invades ships or something or even a super earth invasion
HD1 did actually have like actually boss tier enemies, so would definitely be cool to see that in HD2. I remember the big fuck off robot being especially hard and something like it would just look spectacular in HD2.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
It only costs $40 and it was released day one on PC. If this were a "standard" $70 PS5 exclusive we'd be having a different conversation. Hopefully this makes Sony rethink their release strategies going forward.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. Everyone has already moved on. If you're going to argue otherwise please post data that suggests otherwise.
I mean several countries literally cant buy the game on Steam anymore. Kinda sucks that those potential players have to move on buy basically not buying the game doncha think? Cant help but feel that this move limits the sales potential of the game somewhat...

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
I mean several countries literally cant buy the game on Steam anymore. Kinda sucks that those potential players have to move on buy basically not buying the game doncha think? Cant help but feel that this move limits the sales potential of the game somewhat...
Has the game been relisted in the 170 countries it got taken down from?

Sony still hasn't fixed this.
Ok but what impact has that had on their bottom line is what I'm saying. They had bad press for like a week but that's passed. Eventually it will get relisted in those countries but it's not like they're missing out on a gold mine right now.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Has the game been relisted in the 170 countries it got taken down from?

Sony still hasn't fixed this.

it's not great press (and I'd love for them to fix it) but how many potential players in those countries do you think they've actually impacted?
if we are talking sales numbers it barely makes a dent. they would have run the numbers they have (that we don't have) to determine their course of action.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Deserved!! It's my goty so far and an absolute standout pillar of immediate and lasting fun in a game. Wastes no time and just gets the people goin!

Grats to Arrowhead. You can see their DNA in every game they make, uncompromised af.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. Everyone has already moved on. If you're going to argue otherwise please post data that suggests otherwise.

It was forgotten the moment they removed the PSN requirement and reviews stabilized. At the end nobody really cared about the smaller countries.

correct. it wasn't a good move, but the response was overblown compared to how it's actually affected activity numbers once the requirement was walked back.

They did, but it doesn't matter in the end. Gamers have moved on (fairly or not) and those countries were never going go bring relevant revenue.

So basically goldfish memory means nothing actually mattered. I still think how Sony handled the situation is extremely poor.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
So basically goldfish memory means nothing actually mattered. I still think how Sony handled the situation is extremely poor.

no one is disagreeing with you there. but from a business perspective, it didn't impact their numbers in a meaningful way once the PSN requirement in listed countries was walked back. that's all most people were making a stink about too.

Oct 25, 2017
And you are absolutely right.

But financials don't really care about what we "think" or how we feel, until it actually impacts their numbers. In this case, nothing happened, just look at those 12M sales.

I think the misunderstanding was I wasn't really discussing financials but optics.

Helldivers was an absolute slam dunk of a video game, and Sony just said "let's just absolutely fuck up our optics"

But as you said, I guess optics really don't mean shit when it comes to financials

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly if I was Playstation I'd go to Arrowhead and ask them if they'd have any interest in the Warhawk IP.

Helldivers gameplay feels like it would be absolutely perfect for the basic ground gameplay of a new Warhawk.
Omg, I love this idea. Obviously I want Arrowhead to work on whatever they want to do, but a Warhawk revival from this team would be fucking awesome.

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
Well done Arrowhead, HD1 was great and the devs seem to be in tune with the community.

Keep it that way! New spread democracy mission is hilarious on HD2.

Honestly if I was Playstation I'd go to Arrowhead and ask them if they'd have any interest in the Warhawk IP.

Helldivers gameplay feels like it would be absolutely perfect for the basic ground gameplay of a new Warhawk.

I actually said this to my mate the other day, that they should introduce planes and it would be more like Warhawk.

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States
I can't believe Sony really got sick of waiting for 343 industries to make a proper ODST game so they made one themselves.

Jack Scofield

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how much they are making in microtransactions. I can only speak for myself, but I've only paid the initial $40 and haven't spent a cent in the battle passes.

I really, REALLY appreciate how non-invasive the microtransactions are, because I know they could charge real money for new stratagems. I'm so glad they haven't, so far.

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017

They would not have restricted it unless their data said those countries were contributing to an insignificant perfectage of the sales and revenue. The US market alone is likely bigger than those countries combined. It is unfortunate but it is likely the data Sony has made it an easy decision for them.