• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Every character in the game speaks in Animal Crossing voices. There you go.

I mean, if she's under a clause there has to be a contract.
I don't think she signed a contract to NOT speak about NOT voicing Bayonetta :P

Alternatively, it's like the Little Mermaid where some witch steals Bayo's voice :P

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This honestly feels like them cutting corners yet again when it comes to voice acting, which is a damn shame since we thought they were starting to make progress with Clubhouse Games & Age of Calamity. To be clear, I'm not trying to say that non-union actors can't put out good work. Just that this recast would be a damn shame.
There isn't anything to feel cause this is a huge ass assumption

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Nintendo listening to some of its fans saying they prefer limited voice acting in their games.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Every character in the game speaks in Animal Crossing voices. There you go.

I mean, if she's under a clause there has to be a contract.
I don't think she signed a contract to NOT speak about NOT voicing Bayonetta :P

Alternatively, it's like the Little Mermaid where some witch steals Bayo's voice :P
You could sign a confidentiality agreement if you are made privy to any details of the project, such as those you would learn when you're first in negotiations. And that contract holds even if the result of the negotiations is you not being hired.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
When does voice acting usually get recorded
Some games do it early on, some do it near the very end. Depends on when they finalise the story. For games that require performance capture and already have a story finished during pre production it'd be done really early on. For instance, Death Stranding's stuff was done like in 2017 itself...while the game came out 2019 end. Star Citizen Squadron 42 (yea I know lol), has had its performance capture by Gary Oldman and Mark Hamil finished in 2015 itself.

Whereas games like Yakuza Like a Dragon would have had its English voice overs done around or after the Japanese launch.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
I wonder why she is saying that despite her not being allowed to, couldn't this get her in trouble? Maybe it's still up in the air and a bit of fan outrage could nudge it in her favour.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like she been recast cuz if they didn't start recording anything 4 years in, this game is good as dead.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
She also wouldn't be casting doubt on her return if it was simply a matter of the lines not being recorded yet.

It's a recast. We will just have to approach it with an open mind.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
The only valid reason I'd accept, personally, is that she is just dead. Otherwise, the reasoning for the change makes no sense to me, as she's killed it as Bayonetta; she sells the character perfectly. If it's money, then they're on some bullshit.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, definitely sounds like it's not happening.

rhony-the-real-housewives-of-new-york.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, ideas:

-You play as Jeanne (Bayo would still be in it though so likely not)
-It's a prequel so she's younger (recast)
-It's a prequel but you play as her mother
-It's a recast, period, in present day (a la Kiefer, yuck)

That's what I'm thinking. The way she worded it isn't "They didn't want me back/ask me" and more like she was contacted about some direction change and can't discuss it.

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
.. But why? This game is going places.. I just hope it doesn't get canceled at this point.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sucks for her but wouldn't be a big deal. Unless her replacement VA isn't that great.
Yeah, I mean it just sucks to hear in this type of way ahead of any true reveal of the game after it's been in development all this time.

I only compare it to MGSV due to the initial reaction of David Hayter not returning of Snake, even with it being due to story reasons.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Tbh this gives me the same vibes as Guillermo Del Toro being the first to say that Silent Hills isn't happening and it breaks his greasy heart, or whatever.

Or it's something else, but it sounds like bad news for the game moreso than the character

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
It's a wait and see kinda of thing. Not gonna assume anything

when they finally show it off, we'll know the reason. Or at least have an idea.

Apr 21, 2018
This game….I'm just dying to know what's happening with it.

I hope they don't cancel it. I'd be cool with a pretty straight rehash of Bayo2. Basically new levels and enemies. Gimme.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Literally two days ago the directors at PG said the game was progressing well and that it is in the final stretch of development but of course the bright minds here are concluding it has been cancelled because the VA has possibly been recasted.

Oct 27, 2017
.. But why? This game is going places.. I just hope it doesn't get canceled at this point.
It won't be cancelled because of this, this is unrelated and probably has more to do with plot direction, the game is nearing completion according to PG I thought.

I'm not sure why she would be bound by an NDA if she wasn't involved in some way, even if it was to keep her from saying she has a really brief role and is replaced by a different character or some such.

If this was a Kiefer situation, she'd probably just say she wasn't asked back or haven't heard from PG or wasn't in it like Hayter or Batista or other examples like that.

May 15, 2019
What if the reason she can't talk about the game is because the game is actually cancelled and she's still under NDA from her contract regardless

Balmung421

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo about to announce a new studio will take over Bayo 3 like what happened with Metroid prime 😂

Rikster

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Jun 24, 2018
California
Wait what, they had to of recorded something by now this game was announced 4 years ago lmao. My guess is she probably is being voiced by someone else then. Otherwise, what in the hell?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Since Bayonetta 3 was literally revealed with Bayonetta dying I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if the normal Bayo we know has a very minor role in the game.

Maybe we'll somehow play as a younger Bayonetta. Either way it ought to be instantly clear what's up when the game gets re-revealed, which should hopefully be soon.

Deleted member 5129

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After Valve recast Alyx Vance despite Merle Dandridge being -perfectly fine- for HL Alyx... yeah. I guess this could be another pointless recast.