• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which to get?

• Astral Chain

Votes: 846 75.5%
  • Borderlands 3

Votes: 274 24.5%

• Total voters

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Those 2 games been on my priority list for so so long and its sad they are releasing so so close to each other. I really wanna play Borderlands 3 ,but Astral Chain looks soooo sooo good pass to on I can't decide for the life of me HELP!

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Astral Chain, the community for Borderlands 3 wont' go anywhere and if you wait. You'll probably be able to get the game with all DLC for cheaper too.

dasu

Aug 2, 2018
Hm... if price is an object to you, I suspect that there is a lower chance that Astral Chain will drop in price permanently than Borderlands 3. You may want to get Astral Chain just to wait on a likely price drop on Borderlands 3.

It might be good to wait on reviews as well.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Always better to get a loot shooter on day 1 IMO. Go with Borderlands 3.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I'm biased towards loot shooters so I'd say Borderlands 3, also because it would last you longer if you're into loot grinders.

HollowCrown

Sep 26, 2018
Astral Chain will benefit more from Day 1 sales as a new IP I reckon, plus BL3 is more likely to go on sale in future

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Dude those are two vastly different games, depends on what you want. Also I'd wait for reviews to make up your mind dont just jump on it right away.

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
Depends, are you going to be able to get another game in the near future? Because if not, I would say grab Borderlands 3 as it will most likely last you longer.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Astral. Unique , will retain it's value most likey. Comes out sooner.

Borderlands 3 will be cheap in a few months. Lots of content to add to a potential future version of it too. Its Borderlands again.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Astral Chain
  • Your support sooner will help the IP in the long-term.
  • Nintendo games tend to hold their value, while Borderlands 3 will likely get a discount a few months down the road.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Astral Chain. Might as well wait for the game thats gonna drop in price like a sack of bricks. Price is obviously a factor so it only makes sense. Either get Borderlands at full price and possibly never buy Astral Chain, or by Astral Chain at full price and get Borderlands when it DOES plummet in price.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
BL3. It'll be the bigger game, and you want to get into online/multiplayer focused games as soon as possible. It's also a known property. So if you're deciding between the 2 before they launch, you pretty much know you're getting a game that'll be in the running for goty.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Astral Chain needs the sales and will hardly ever go on sale at all.

Borderlands will probably go on sale within a few months.

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
These games are drastically different in every way, but I'd go for the game that isn't plagued by bad press and troubled development. Top that with the fact that Borderlands 3 will get a number of discounts by the time you're done with Astral Chain.

OP
OP

Deleted member 40102

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Yall making good points about buying borderlands later.

Hmmmm gonna check with some friends on pc if they are getting borderlands if not then that settles it for good I guess.

Deleted member 42105

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Unless you're planning on playing with friends or online OP, then get Astral Chain. If you are then go with BL3, because even though it's gonna be dirt cheap by BF, the online and community hype is going to peak that first month it comes out.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Personally I think I would get far more enjoyment out of BL 3 and I also have no desire to get Astral Chain, but in your case I would say AC just because as others have mentioned it will not go on sale as often or as soon as BL 3 and Gearbox will release a GoTY later anyway.

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
BL3 will be on sale a couple months after launch.

AC will be lucky to have a digital 20% off in 2025.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Astral Chain.

Support a new IP and get Borderlands for 5 dollars in 2 months.

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017
It's a hard decision tbh. One is running for GoTY. The other one is another shlooter.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Look OP, you've seen the posts above this one. It's Astral Chain.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
If you have friends that are interested in playing Borderlands 3 with you, get Borderlands. If not, get Astral Chain and pick up Borderlands later.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
BL3 if you have a bunch of friends playing it at launch. Tough to get that timing lined up if you get it later down the road.

No friends playing BL3? Just wait on a GOTY edition down the road and get Astral Chain first.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I would have to think there will be a "GotY" edition for Borderland 3 in the future, although not maybe soon. I'm guessing there will be a lot of DLC released for it though, so I wouldn't be against waiting for a version that includes all of it.

I'm a little biased though, as even though I know virtually nothing about Astral Chain, I still would get that first because I don't really give a shit about Borderlands (in general, not just 3).

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Think of a very intelligent way of making this choice. How would Einstein decide? That's right, alphabetical order! Start with A, and go from there.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Borderlands 3 will have a super duper insane collection release with everything for cheaper later. Astral Chain is the way to go.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I'd wait for BL3, because you just know there will be a "GOTY" edition with all of the DLC included at a lower price. Astral Chain, being on the Switch, is unlikely to be reduced in price.

Then again, I'd wait for reviews for both before buying either.