• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 8, 2017
I'm disappointed to have not been able to find any behind the scenes story about how this made it to the game. If you're a professional game developer, just think what must have gone through their heads and the kind of discussions that must have taken place after the NBA 2k15 lines were recorded. Was it time constraints that required the lines to be completed in just one take? Did the NBA players have any sense of how terrible they sounded? Did they care? I'd just love to hear from the devs how this all went down.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I'd heard Woolie talk about this but hadn't watched it until now. Holy crap I don't know how to feel about that.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Sounds like me and my classmates back in middle school drama class. Seriously though they obviously just picked regular joes looking for some cash, no actors.
They're NBA players.
For those who speak spanish. Let's not forget this gem.
MESTÁSNOMBRANDOVIRREINA?

lol, at first I didn't believe it was an official dub, but it looks like it is! It literally sounds like some random youtubers just put their voices in the game with sony vegas.

Btw, this led me to discover some other bad spanish dubs, like Arizona Sunshine or Control (which sounds bad, especially for an AAA game).
It's still an awful scene. Not "worst in videogames" bad, though.
I don't think the dub is to blame for that.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It sounds like they're struggling to read...they should stick to playing basketball I guess 😂

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017

Meh, this is 100% intentionally trying to be B-movie shlock. It's just aping the shit acting and tone from Fast and Furious.

The low tier anime games being posted don't really compare either, most of that is clearly being done on almost no budget. The NBA stuff is way more embarrassing because they should do better.

Last edited:

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
2:01

Markieff Morris :" Yo. wut's going un-tonight? I'm runningfreeall..all over the court.. and you didn'tgiveme therock. "

Shaq: "Man, what are you talking about?!"

That made me laugh pretty hard. Granted, these are voiced by real basketball players, and most of these guys are not professional or even amateur voice actors. Shaq sounds fine, because he has been in TV shows, movies, and even had a rap career. He has some experience with acting.

Still not the worst I have heard, but pretty bad regardless.
All the times I've had to deal with ANY non-actor, whether they're athletes, singers, etc... for anything staged, you pretty much have to just tell them to react how they would and say what they'd say in that situation and then work around it later.

If you give them lines to read, most of them are going to sound like they're reading lines...poorly.

Seandc33

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
The lip movements got me more than the audio did, although the acting definitely isn't that great.

Do Those FMV games from the 90's count? A lot of those were super cheesy with horrible acting.