• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Of Kamiya's four options, who would you wanna see in Smash?

• Dante (Devil May Cry series)

Votes: 737 30.1%
  • Viewtiful Joe (Viewtiful Joe series)

Votes: 589 24.0%
  • Amaterasu (Okami series)

Votes: 652 26.6%
  • Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101)

Votes: 472 19.3%

• Total voters

Cocobani

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
sXlkNrp.gif
The only right answer!

correojon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I´d be happy with any, but I think Wonder Red would be the best one due to his completely original fightin´ style.
Gameplay aside, Dante all the way followed by Ammy.

Oct 25, 2017
Ummm... do verified accounts on Twitter have automated blocks or something? I'm not one to engage in spats on Twitter at all, and I've never intercated with Kamiya's official account, (Other than viewing it and occasionally liking posts) yet it's saying I'm blocked. D:

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
Amaterasu, then we can see an 'Okami 2' developed by PlatinumGames, produced by Capcom and funded and marketed by Nintendo.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I voted for Joe on ResetEra, thought about it for a bit, and ultimately threw myself in with the Amaterasu crowd on the Twitter poll. Amaterasu's low profile, her reflector/glaive/rosary loadout and her Celestial Brush techniques would be so much more fun to toy around with. Throw in a Giga Bowser style final smash where the screen pulls out, you get that swanky rice paper filter and you can control the celestial brush directly, I'll buy two copies Nintendo.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any of them except Dante. I love Devil May Cry but characters like VJ, WR and Ammy are SO much more exciting to think about playing in Smash. I voted for VJ but Wonder Red would be equally as awesome.

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
Dante, just so I can shamelessly say that I got him to final(ly) smash Bayonetta.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
In an ideal world, I would choose all of them. However, the prospect of playing such a character as Dante in Smash, against Bayonetta, is too good to ignore.

Whoever talks about similarity in moveset or design, well, he/she should put more faith in the team to develop a unique character.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Ammy is my choice by far, but lets face it if Nintendo decides by what will do best commercially it will be Dante.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I'd like Dante if he had style switching, sorta like Shulk.

This is a tough poll because I'd be happy with any of them. But Dante and Ammy would be great so we can just truly have Playstation All-Stars.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Dante is the guest character I've wanted since Brawl.

Amaterasu would be a great addition too. Her move set and visual aesthetic are practically tailor made for a Smash game.

Bayonetta is already a dream come true. I never would have imagined she would make it in. One of my favorite developments in my history of gaming.

Anyone of those except Dante. Smash needs cartoony characters.
Tell that to Snake. (Who is awesome.)

Deleted member 24540

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
What iconic music does DMC have? Based on the character diversity argument and stage/music selection I would go for Wonder Red.