• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
The day Kojima finally graces the world with MADS MAX will be a day of celebration.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
tumblr_oy88gjXiMk1qmob6ro1_500.gif

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Cool concept, but I don't trust Kojima to make the gameplay good. Not even the story lately.

Firmus_Anguis

AVALANCHE
Oct 30, 2017
Damn it... Would've been fun.

Like others have said, sounds a bit like Policenauts.

Oh, well... Down for whatever this man does (even when he hurts my soul with games like MGSV).

Last edited:

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
"Yeah and in this other idea I had there's you waking up naked in a middle of a battlefield in which soldiers that are sort of dressed like French mimes are fighting against machines. Then you start crying and a lady hugs you from behind, the lady becomes a sniper and then you start laughing hysterically. And then you ride a motorbike. Still naked. The pitch is called MADS MAX. By the way when can we model you naked? Also, I had this another idea. Let's see, you wake up pregnant, in the middle of the battlefield…"

cover4.jpg

grand

Oct 25, 2017
I watched 3 episodes of a TV show based on a longer comic book and I would like to now tell you about my not at all related idea that didn't get picked up for production

....What?

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Is Kojima's twitter just him mansplaining to the entire internet while very high? Because that's what it seems like

CosmicGP

"This guy are sick"
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kojima please stop casting famous actors in your games, even more so if you're barely going to use them like in MGSV.
Having famous actors in a game has never been a selling point for me.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
What if everyone else is evil and by being good, Superman is in fact evil in the eyes of the world. So he just starts killing everyone.

Katmeister

Banned
May 1, 2021
Is every Kojima game after Death Stranding going to use real actors as models for characters. Really disappointing tbh. One of the benefits of animation and video games is being able to make whatever you imagine. So limiting yourself to scans of actors just seems silly to me. Someone else sad they don't think Mads would be a good fit and like you wouldn't have that problem if you just designed an original look.

Can't wait for the Snatcher remake where he drops the cool 90s anime aesthetic to just literally make Blade Runner.

yalk_dx

Nov 3, 2020
Is every Kojima game after Death Stranding going to use real actors as models for characters. Really disappointing tbh. One of the benefits of animation and video games is being able to make whatever you imagine. So limiting yourself to scans of actors just seems silly to me. Someone else sad they don't think Mads would be a good fit and like you wouldn't have that problem if you just designed an original look.

Can't wait for the Snatcher remake where he drops the cool 90s anime aesthetic to just literally make Blade Runner.
i dont understand where this comes from when people have been modelling for character models for years, since at least the PS2 generation when it comes to well rendered 3D. is it the scanning of the actor that you dont like or something else?

Katmeister

Banned
May 1, 2021
i dont understand where this comes from when people have been modelling for character models for years, since at least the PS2 generation when it comes to well rendered 3D. is it the scanning of the actor that you dont like or something else?

I'm not 100% sure what the right terminology is but its using the likeness of an actor for a character in a video game. I don't really like that for multiple reasons but mainly just don't like realism in video games but thats a personal preference. Kojima can do what he wants, I ain't telling him what to do. lol

yalk_dx

Nov 3, 2020
I'm not 100% sure what the right terminology is but its using the likeness of an actor for a character in a video game. I don't really like that for multiple reasons but mainly just don't like realism in video games but thats a personal preference. Kojima can do what he wants, I ain't telling him what to do. lol
is it actors specifically or just real life people, like with the RE2/3 remakes and Onimusha 3 or people being used as foundations like in Max Payne/Silent Hill or something

Katmeister

Banned
May 1, 2021
is it actors specifically or just real life people, like with the RE2/3 remakes and Onimusha 3 or people being used as foundations like in Max Payne/Silent Hill or something

Real life people too I was disappointed they did the same thing with DMC 5. But also with actors there's an additional componant of rights being a thing that I dislike. Onimusha not getting rereleased because it needs to the deal with the estates of the actors, the guy who was in 2 is dead I believe? Judgement isn't out on PC because the agency of the main guy doesn't want people to made nude mods of him, or at least I've heard that.

But I also acknowledge that there can be rights issues for games that don't do this that can prevent re-releases. Its just with actors there's a chance of one additional roadblock that I don't think is worth it.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Hollywood typecast him as villian, but he can do leads as well. Watch a movie like The Salvation and you can see he got the chops.

It would definitely become a very different movie than with someone like Karl Urban in the lead role.

Riders of Justice is another great performance by Mads Mikkelsen

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Only in base concept, the core writing and what makes the boys good would have been absent.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017

The guy has been trying to copy Hollywood since Metal Gear, so digital movie/tv stars shouldn't be that shocking.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Would have been right up my alley, more than Death Stranding at least. Shame. Hope his next game is more akin to this.

Gohlad

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Wasn't there like a Sony/Playstation series about that as well?

I forgot the name but it was also about superheroes that got that entertainment industry fame and a cop that was a former superhero that lost his powers and investigates them or something like that?

I found it: Powers by Playstation Studios

Last edited:

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Someone needs to make a game based on the Boys, but hear me out.

The Boys X BioShock gameplay

Oct 28, 2017
Wasn't there like a Sony/Playstation series about that as well?

I forgot the name but it was also about superheroes that got that entertainment industry fame and a cop that was a former superhero that lost his powers and investigates them or something like that?

I found it: Powers by Playstation Studios

This was the most cheesy shit and the effects were so bad, but I kinda loved it.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I REALLY can't picture Mads as a heroic lead. You gotta find new favorite actors, buddy.
Hr is more than capable enough of an actor to pull that off. He plays an anti-hero in Polar and does it really well.

He always comits to a part and has proven to handle the above role well. He really sells the action scenes in that film, the emotional conflicts, and the character's grey area sounds similar to what Kojima could have done.

He could have easily been an excellent fit.