Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can thanks twitter and tiktok for that, because tbh the game is really not that good

Some jokes in a bubble work really well on social media. " This alien is selling WHAT???? *crying laughing emoji X10" but I personally find the whole package pretty insufferable as well. But I guess it's cool to see a game become a hit through word of mouth.

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
Congrats. Having alot of fun with the game. Looks really good too. Ironically the first time I played it was on my sisters Xbox One via XCloud.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I've seen videos of this pop up in my YouTube recommended feed a bunch over the last week.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this is the TikTok effect, I've seen clips all over my FYP.

I think it's a solid enough shooter so far, it's no Doom Eternal or anything but better than serviceable. I've had some good laughs as well even if some bits go on a bit too long.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
I've said this before, but I'm incredibly happy the game is doing great! It's very fun, not only for it's humor, but the gameplay itself is pretty cool.

And, of course, just another showcase of how awesome Game Pass can be. This is the kind of game that I normally would wait for a sale, and the service allowed me to play it on day one.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
it's a genuinely fun game so I'm not surprised, the low brow humor is quite appealing to the majority of gamers too i'd imagine.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
It's a surprisingly good game. Feels like too many reviewers who hate that style of humor chose to review it anyways - makes too many of the reviews useless.

Kinda like somebody who hates soccer reviewing Fifa. Like who is the review for? Customers who don't like this style of humor aren't going to be interested in it - and those that do will be fine. If a reviewer is on the fence or whatever, sure. But any reviewer who actively dislikes this style of humor isn't really adding anything to somebody's buying decision imo.

Humor is subjective and who knows if they chose to review the game.

MarinZero

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 26, 2022
I'd love to have numbers of this. Is this gonna be one of those "10 million players in a month" kind of games?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I was told this was a flop because it had 11k concurrent players on Steam... 🤔

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
oh jeez here come the conspiracy theories about reviewers lol

a game just can't be a sleeper hit that gets noticed because of positive word of mouth on social media. newp.

Oct 26, 2017
It's a fun, fresh game that shows new ideas can succeed. I've been enjoying it casually. Humor doesn't always hit, but sometimes it's pretty funny.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
It's a fun, fresh game that shows new ideas can succeed. I've been enjoying it casually. Humor doesn't always hit, but sometimes it's pretty funny.
I was really cracking up early on in the game when you first get Kenny, and he's like "Hey we got to get the hell out of here right now!" and I walked around a bit to explore, and then he said "Look I dont know what the fuck you are doing but we gotta go right now!"

Seraphs

Banned
Sep 22, 2022
microsoft need to take notes and get these dudes to make high on life 2 and put day one on gamepass.

Aug 23, 2018
I'm only a couple of hours in and really enjoying it so far. The game is tailor made to be marketed with social media, so happy to see the success it's getting. I've never really seen Rick or Morty, but I'm finding the game really funny in short bursts for what that's worth.

Humor is entirely subjective though, so I can understand not everyone liking it. If you're hung up on review scores I would add 20-25 points to the meta score if you're a fan of Roiland. But if you have GamePass then why even bother with reviews?

The Traveller

Oct 31, 2017
I played about 2 hours, and it's got its charm. I think the really fantastical environment, talking guns and humour do a lot to make it stand out. It's also really well paced so far, and if one joke doesn't land there is one soon enough that does.

There really aren't many games that attempt humor so its refreshing to see a game that does and succeeds. I hope more games include better written dialogue. While it may not be for everyone it really suits the game and its world. I'll see how I feel after finishing it, but its left a positive first impression.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I first saw it on tiktok and it convinced me to look into it.

Tiktok worked here.

Ser Ignatius

Chicken Chaser
Apr 15, 2020
I have enjoyed what I've played so far, the premise is basically what if some weird Rick and Morty shit happened to you. I liked being able to kill the kid on the way to the slums and then meeting his mom a few moments later lol "Oh it's ok, dear. He deserved it".

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Great game that deserves it. More creative games like this please. I don't need military shooter #1,384. I want to explore alien worlds and see things I haven't seen before. Talking gun? I can't think of a game that did it this well.

This is where I land as well.

It's so difficult to find titles of this nature that don't take themselves so damn seriously.

Nice to see the AA scene bringing what the AAA(A) seems completely incapable of, sans a couple standouts like Ratchet & Spidey.

Akash

Oct 27, 2017
I realllllly like it. Like, ill probably set aside god of war until i finish this.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
I expected it to do good. But surpassing Minecraft and becoming the #1 is really really impressive

Good news for the game and for gamepass

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Damn that's wild. Good for the game, I suppose. Didn't really work for me, but it clearly found an audience.

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
I'm really happy for the devs. The game is a pretty fun little adventure through weird aliens worlds.

I hope this means we get an expansion or something soon. It's a more robust shooter than I was expecting but it ends very soon after giving you all the tools to really play around with the combat encounters.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Higher on Life
2 High 2 Live
Low on Death
High On Life Part II
High On Life: Munchies Odyssey