• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I was under the impression that RTJ4 hadn't gotten seriously under way yet. Tbh I haven't been paying too much attention but the best way to get the temperature of how far an RTJ album is in the past has been through El's instagram. For 1&2 at least, at the start, he'd post snippets of shit he was working on alone, then snippets of material being worked once they got to the studio, then deleting said snippets when the album was nearing release. I'm not on IG anymore so I'm outta the loop though
I can't find it, but I'm pretty sure a while ago, I think somewhere late last year, El posted a screenshot of a Pro Tools session called RTJ4 with iirc a couple different tracks in it.

edit: Found it. Seems to be just demo's and ideas though.

tDYv6rb.jpg

Last edited:

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
voices in them trees

Old head here; got that album the day it came out, still play it from time to time. It's insane on some 12"s in the back of a ride.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
^ Will check out soon, Koozek.

New Weeknd album potentially dropping tonight, but it's more likely a single.

Unless any folks in Shoreditch can verify this billboard.
DZds8_YX4AEQVmi

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
If a new weeknd album drops tonight I will go a week without taking care of myself

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Tyler song is really nice. It's cool to see Tyler producing something akin to the South Florida trap wave that's been blowing up.

The blown out bass in combination with the keys on the chorus is some good stuff.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that ASAP song from a couple days ago is forgettable but there was a snippet floating around on Twitter w him and Skepta and that shit sounded tough tbh.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SREMMLIFE 3 is 27 tracks long.

Features:
  • Future
  • Travis Scott
  • Young Thug
  • Future
  • Zoe Kravitz
  • The Weeknd
  • Pharrell
This is about to be a mess.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
pretty decent features list, didn't know Zoe Kravitz was an artist tho.

way too long, but I trust somebody will weed out the decent tracks in here. Powerglide and Hurt to Look were great

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
27 tracks is fine for what is a triple album that I can more reasonably splice into 3 albums than any other double/triple album.

Plus all three songs have been certified fire. Brxnks Truck is slept on where are Hurt To Look and Powerglide are instantly recognizable heat.

Deleted member 2779

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Powerglide was about a hook too long, should have gone straight into jxmmi after the second swae lee verse. Still, should be at least an EP's worth of solid tracks.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
One rapper churns out 3 10 song mixtapes that don't sound much different in 6 months and Era stays thirsty... a 2 man group releases 2 solos and group album as one 27 track album after nearly 2 years of not putting anything out and ya'll have been drama queens about it for a month now.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Uzi don't even hardly perform though. He literally screams over pre recorded vocals and beats. Travis Scott is basically the only full autotune dude who does some of his songs justice and his vocals I'd be surprised if anyone can even actually make out any of the words.

Status
Not open for further replies.