• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I need to get on chungking exp. since I accidentally watched fallen angels first. The wide angles he worked with were crazy.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is fire. Hope the album sounds like this.

Just looked up the "Fall out Heaven" demo for the first time. This is great:

Also, can anyone recommend more greast eastern cinema? I'm currently on a South Korea cinema hype so got the classics from there I'm going through. Just the absolute classics from China, Hong Kong and Japan. All that cool thriller, crime, action, drama whatever really.

Deleted member 16609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
This is fire. Hope the album sounds like this.

Just looked up the "Fall out Heaven" demo for the first time. This is great:

Also, can anyone recommend more greast eastern cinema? I'm currently on a South Korea cinema hype so got the classics from there I'm going through. Just the absolute classics from China, Hong Kong and Japan. All that cool thriller, crime, action, drama whatever really.

http://cityonfire.com/
Go there and have fun. My twitter account has a lot of Hong Cinema with links that I post.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
breh

South-Korean cinema is so good. Check out the classics like Oldboy, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Lady Vengeance, Memories of Murder, I Saw the Devil, The Chaser, Bittersweet Life, New World, The Chaser, The Wailing.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
breh

South-Korean cinema is so good. Check out the classics like Oldboy, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Lady Vengeance, Memories of Murder, I Saw the Devil, The Chaser, Bittersweet Life, New World, The Chaser, The Wailing.
Thanks, but I meant I've already got a list of South korean movies, including basically all of those. Meant more Chinese and Japanese films.

KunaiDrilla cheers mate.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, but I meant I've already got a list of South korean movies, including basically all of those. Meant more Chinese and Japanese films.

KunaiDrilla cheers mate.
Ohh, I see.

Hm, Japanese movies I actually haven't that many outside of some of Takeshi Kitano's work (from the show Takeshi's Castle, which some of us here probably knew from our childhood, lol - was pretty surprised when I learned that he actually acted in and directed super brutal Yakuza movies).

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Skip I Saw the Devil or watch it first because it only goes up from there as far as revenge in the Korean new wave goes.

As far as Japan and China/Hong Kong/Taiwan goes, try checking out some lists on Letterboxd like these.
https://letterboxd.com/hibiscus/list/taiwanese-films-that-make-you-go-oh-shit/
https://letterboxd.com/hibiscus/list/japanese-films-that-will-blow-your-mind-and/
Good looks. Oh and right, I saw Love Exposure too. Was more entertaining than I expected a 4 hours movie to be :D

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Filmstruck my guy.

Also I have the blu ray lmao.
but i can't put a stream ON MY SHELF UGH. if i can't hold it how do i even know it's real? *goes back to Steam backlog with 300+ unplayed games, fires up rocket league for the 300th hour*

maybe they'll do a reissue some day :'(

Adam Sadler

Nov 9, 2017
He was getting shit from breakfast club and Twitter about the black face

Even push was saying he needs to address that

Apparently he wanted to reveal his son on his album, so push just beat him to that
Lmao no one wanted a blog post or whatever the hell drake did tho. Plus no one believing Drake's excuse. He lost. Should've responded with a song

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Drake just gotta roll with it and release scorpion. The more he talks about the more memes will come up. I mean they'll still happen even if he don't respond but. Pusha outplayed him.

Oct 25, 2017
Drake just gotta roll with it and release scorpion. The more he talks about the more memes will come up. I mean they'll still happen even if he don't respond but. Pusha outplayed him.
O for sure Pusha won that regardless of what drake do now hold The L. He straight interrupted business moves and gets more publicity push can carry that W high. On to scorpion now tho

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
MY LIFE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME (YA, I WON'T BE THE SAME)
BUT I'M SCARED I'M NEVER GONNA CHANGE (YA, I'M NEVER TO CHANGE)
I'M ADDICTED TO THE MONEY AND FAME (YA)
I'M TRYNA CONTROL THESE THOUGHTS IN MY BRAIN (YA)

X6in9D8.gif

I'M SCARED I'M NEVER GONNA CHANGE, YA (YA)
I'M SCARED I'LL NEVER GONNA CHANGE (YA)
I'M ADDICTED TO THE MONEY AND FAME (YOU FEEL, AH)
I'M TRYNA CONTROL THESE THOUGHTS IN MY BRAIN (YA)

SiCGBxj.gif

MonstaZero

Apr 9, 2018
Imagine having a child with someone who has laid with James Harden. Baby gonna come out flopping before the doctor spank em.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly not feeling Trap Holizay as much as everyone else here. Something about the drums sounds very samey from track to track and makes it sound veeery mixtape-esque? Kind of disappointed. Mo Reala is the only real keeper to me. East Atlanta Day, Boot Up, Go Get The Money are alright but nothing's really sticking. Dare I say a lot of it sounds generic.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the Ye project tomorrow is enjoyable. Liked some of the beats from
Daytona but still didn't fw it.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Back from a long weekend. Pretty much every Kitano drama is dope but I really really loved Fireworks. Obviously for Hong Kong/China cinema you got like all of the classic Wong Kar Wai films but if you want something more recent and crime related you should check out the Johnnie To films. My personal favorite is actually Yi Yi which is Taiwanese and more slice of life/family drama

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
To's filmography absolutely worth exploring yourself but my favorite of his, or at least the one i think about the most still is Exiled:

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
trying to go through MBDTF (my favourite album of all time) right now but i've been stuck puttin Devil in a New Dress on loop for the past hour

that beautiful sample
that mike dean breakdown
that ross verse

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
To's filmography absolutely worth exploring yourself but my favorite of his, or at least the one i think about the most still is Exiled:

I think I love that one too. That's the one that takes place mostly in Macau right? I've actually been there once. Beautiful tropical sorta sleazy vibe. It's like Reno only with humidity and Portuguese.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
for someone who's half chinese, i really should be more well versed in chinese cinema.

anyone got a few films i should start with? like essentials

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Wong Kar Wai is the obvious choice. Especially for a music fan. Get high as fuck and watch Chungking Express.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It's also basically a music video for a The Cranberries' Dream. Actually quite fitting seeing as she died not too long ago. I really really like the Beat Takeshi films though. I think those are a lot less idiosyncratic and will play to more modern audiences because of the deadpan delivery and dry humor. He's got really good comedic timing. If you liked Moonlight, then you'd probably like Wong Kar Wai.

Status
Not open for further replies.