• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully, torre_avenue did research for this thread, lol.

This reminds me of a time in highschool: my friend, who had gotten me super interested into music, told me to listen to "Kid A." I listened to it, predictably fell in love with it, and then wrote this long pseudo-intellectual-wank as an essay about how "Kid A" actually created IDM, or something nonsense like that. My friend predictably tore into me about how stupid I was, and that taught me the importance of knowing your shit. For every good year on the internet, there's always one bad day that makes you feel stupid & worthless. Today was one of those days. But, you live and you learn, especially not to talk out of your ass on things you don't know all too much about.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
best song on Kid A is motion picture soundtrack.
It just might be.

Anyway, Frank Ocean is aware of JPEGMAFIA's existence. While probably not indicative of a collab, it's cool to see Peggy continue his rise:
oHBDQO4.png

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
@ ppl ITT who went to astroworld tour: how does the merch fit? pretty sure it's gildan and i'm usually a medium for that but other places around the internet saying that i gotta size up to an L on this shit.

Deleted member 16609

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
This reminds me of a time in highschool: my friend, who had gotten me super interested into music, told me to listen to "Kid A." I listened to it, predictably fell in love with it, and then wrote this long pseudo-intellectual-wank as an essay about how "Kid A" actually created IDM, or something nonsense like that. My friend predictably tore into me about how stupid I was, and that taught me the importance of knowing your shit. For every good year on the internet, there's always one bad day that makes you feel stupid & worthless. Today was one of those days. But, you live and you learn, especially not to talk out of your ass on things you don't know all too much about.
Is all good homie. At least you were mature enough to say "my bad" and keep it moving, unlike others who try to spin things here and there. Anyway.

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine someone coming into this thread like "I haven't listened to hip-hop in a while, I guess i'll check out what albums all these regulars recommend!" And the first thing they hear is fucking Nav

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018

In fairness I just saw the album and didn't see the poster. Taste is taste ,do you, you like what you like. All my snark is reserved for OT stuff*, we all have a deep love for the genre here, no offense intended. I was just laughing because it just feels so random for Nav to be the first artist that happened to be listed.

* Ex/
*Anytime rap is discussed on the gaming side
* Anytime Em is brought up
* Anytime a trollish question is somehow asked with 100% sincerity. Such as " Did the Heist deserve to win over GKMC?"
I had to try really hard to hold back on that last one

Last edited:

Snazz

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Imagine someone coming into this thread like "I haven't listened to hip-hop in a while, I guess i'll check out what albums all these regulars recommend!" And the first thing they hear is fucking Nav
You'd probably go back to making Eminem threads and liking Kanye's tweets.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Damn you missed an opportunity to use "prominent" instead of "illustrious" in the OP lol.
Also what up what up, let's hope 2019 is a good year for BestGenre

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Throwing up my top 10 list;

1. Rejjie Snow -- Dear Annie
2. Vince Staples - FM! (seeing him in April, can't wait)
3. Denzel Curry - Taboo
4. Earl Sweatshirt - Some Rap Songs
5. POS - 6666
6. BrockHampton - Iridescence
7. TDE - Black Panther
8. JPEGMAFIA - Veteran
9. Earthgang - Royalty
10. Jay Rock - Redemption

Last year was pretty amazing for hip hop.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
coming from the Etcetera thread of MKIX, I am reminded of something.

I am looking for a Bone-Thugs N Harmony song...but god i can't remember it. It is definitely not Crossroads, but it is definitely around that time.

hahaha I can not remember a thing about it. I know the song is a bit on the slower side..very 90s..almost like an rnb song..like really slow and mellow..and very calm rapping haha idk if that helps..i was thinking it was pretty popular but I am looking at spotify and i can't find it in the Songs pane..shouldn't the Songs tab sort the tracks by most popular? I see Crossroads but not that song...

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
that mortal kombat thread is absolute bullshit. it's like you know shit like "rap is actually a niche genre because I don't listen to it" has no basis in reality but you can't get through to people like that.

Courier 7

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
coming from the Etcetera thread of MKIX, I am reminded of something.

I am looking for a Bone-Thugs N Harmony song...but god i can't remember it. It is definitely not Crossroads, but it is definitely around that time.

hahaha I can not remember a thing about it. I know the song is a bit on the slower side..very 90s..almost like an rnb song..like really slow and mellow..and very calm rapping haha idk if that helps..i was thinking it was pretty popular but I am looking at spotify and i can't find it in the Songs pane..shouldn't the Songs tab sort the tracks by most popular? I see Crossroads but not that song...

Maybe?

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that mortal kombat thread is absolute bullshit. it's like you know shit like "rap is actually a niche genre because I don't listen to it" has no basis in reality but you can't get through to people like that.
I mean what did you expect? someone once told me on here that mad world rap have a better soundtrack in most

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Breh's I've just been commissioned to make a video for a track that's destined to become a big hit on the Dutch charts. Mama I made it 😭.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
HOLY SHIT i found it it's called Days of Our Livez!!!!!! Gahhh It's in the middle of the Songs list on Spotify wthhhh no wonder I can't find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.