• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

original.gif

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hell yeah. been looking forward to this since she, Kenny and Alex Tumay started teasing it. looks nice and lean too

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
God i wanted to hear that Pusha-T track from Bandana. I missed the train did I?

Scratch that, I did not miss the train :)

I really hope the last thing I heard that the album would be out in may is true. I want this bad.

Last edited:

overcast

Oct 25, 2017

Eh, this is pretty boring. There's no edge to this, no flavor. It's fine, he's got a few okay bars. The beat sounds nice. But nothing about this is distinctive and certainly doesn't approach the grime of Blank Face or superior self reflection of some of his old songs. So far this is shaping up to be his worst album honestly, Oxymoron has some greatness on it at least.

Goddamnit.

Last edited:

Illithid Dude

Oct 26, 2017
tfw the ex makes you delete some solid fucking gold from this thread even after you've broken up but the second she finds a new guy blocks you from talking to her. bring back the playboy model posts!

but that doesn't compare to me having to explain to a friend tonight why blackface is bad and not funny... and him still not getting it. like... what!!!!!!!?????

Illithid Dude

Oct 26, 2017
and guess what, disappointed by palm olive. that's a night folks, catch me peeping that crispy new criterion of death in venice when gibbs fails me visconti is there to raise me up

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man, so far this new Schoolboy Q album is fixing to be his weakest project - all the singles released thus far have just been kind of tepid & lacking in the kind of energy/uniqueness I expect from him.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Man, so far this new Schoolboy Q album is fixing to be his weakest project - all the singles released thus far have just been kind of tepid & lacking in the kind of energy/uniqueness I expect from him.
This is exactly how I feel. It's almost already a disappointment that doesn't play to his strengths or that uniqueness.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Carti is such a strange fit on that tour. Must be tough finding similar artists when you only rap in single syllables, so you gotta fit in where you get in.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Carti is such a strange fit on that tour. Must be tough finding similar artists when you only rap in single syllables, so you gotta fit in where you get in.
Yeah, there are actually many artists Carti can mesh with on a tour (such as Trippie Redd, Gunna, etc.), but the ones above are not the ones.
I'd only go to see Carti.
And since I already saw him last year, I wouldn't even pull the trigger unless WLR drops sometime before the tour

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i've been thinking a lot about that Lizzo tweet saying critics opinions don't mean shit if they've never made music and wondering what a conversation between her and Paul Thomas "don't say mean stuff about your fellow creatives" Anderson would be like and if i would possibly disagree with every word from either side

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
I think people should be able to critique whatever they want and artists need to have thick skin about criticism, but Lou Reed's "Can you imagine working for a fucking year, and you get a B+ from some asshole in The Village Voice?" is iconic

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
The new Q just makes me want to listen to Boom.

A podcast popped up calling Kanye a culture vulture for Jesus. I'mma have to agree with that.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Criticism is such a tough thing to do.

On one hand, it really really fucking sucks to pour your heart into and spend all your time on a project only for it to be panned by some idiot who knows nothing of how much pain and effort it took you to bring your vision to life.

On the other, good criticism helps us grow and become better while bad criticism serves no other purpose other than driving clicks.

PTA seemed to approach criticism like "why should creatives tear each other down when reviewers will do just that." It is misguided but it feels more like a strategy to maintain relationships than piss off someone and risk losing your place in a city full of big egos.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shia's a lucky man.

Low-key sad she and Pattinson didn't stay together since they seemed very much in love and we could have gotten an FKA Twigs-Death Grips track :(

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
man her videos always deliver. love the song, wonder if her other material is gonna be a similar stripped-down change of pace from the EP1/2/LP1 stuff

also Shia Labouf, huh? that bummy motherfucker must have a personality that's the polar opposite of his public image to keep convincing the most unapproachable women on the planet to spend time with him. what are your secrets Shia!

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Baauer huh? been a while since i've seen him around. also f u ozzies and your early next days

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I might being seeing a movie that's been anticipated by a lot of people as part of a test screening.

I don't think I can say which one but this song's a banger.

Status
Not open for further replies.