• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Cid and Nero found a way to combine Alexander's temporal displacement and Omega's ability to travel the rift to send the Crystal Tower to the First. The final boss of The Twinning dungeon is an artificial Alexander that the Ironworks built.

Not sure how to quote someone on lists so thank you for answering. The Alexander story is important to the MSQ. It's literally the answer to "how the fuck did you even manage all of this?". As often said by the devs all of the alliance raids are important.

Jan 11, 2018
I think the difference, for now, is that you can easily summarise the importance of those two raids in a sentence or two just like B.K. did and not feel like you missed out on that much. Crystal Tower and especially Binding Coils have a lot more that needs to be seen to appreciate their impact on the overall plot.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
yeah but that's like a small trivia in a post ShB optional dungeon , it doesn't really have anything to do with the main ShB story like say, Crystal Tower.

I agree, it more like neat world/lore building as opposed to something necessary to properly understand the story.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think the difference, for now, is that you can easily summarise the importance of those two raids in a sentence or two just like B.K. did and not feel like you missed out on that much. Crystal Tower and especially Binding Coils have a lot more that needs to be seen to appreciate their impact on the overall plot.

The Omega storyline ends one of the bigger story threads the game had since ARR 2.3 with Midgarsormr. People that don't do it will never know what happend to him or where he is. Omega is recommended for Endwalker. Yes you can skip Alexander, but my mind was blown by all of that and the explanation in Shadowbringers. It's not like both are long and they give a lot of cool "Oh shit moments" with Omega raid being an anime tournament arc.

Jan 11, 2018
Oh, I've played them all myself. I'm just saying that the results of the Alexander and even Omega raids are much easier to weave into a few lines of dialogue for those that didn't play them. But I agree, everyone should play them regardless.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Oh, I've played them all myself. I'm just saying that the results of the Alexander and even Omega raids are much easier to weave into a few lines of dialogue for those that didn't play them. But I agree, everyone should play them regardless.

I'm on the opinion that if you are playing only for the story, you should only focus on MSQ. When you finish that and you feel like you want to know more about the lore , then dive into Raids. If you follow the same progresion of regular players with Raids in between MSQ you risk ending up being burned out before reaching ShB, let alone finish it. There's just so much MSQ to do for a newcomer, and Raids can be a pacing killer story-wise.

Jan 11, 2018
I'm on the opinion that if you are playing only for the story, you should only focus on MSQ. When you finish that and you feel like you want to know more about the lore , then dive into Raids. If you follow the same progresion of regular players with Raids in between MSQ you risk ending up being burned out before reaching ShB, let alone finish it. There's just so much MSQ to do for a newcomer, and Raids can be a pacing killer story-wise.

I would agree with that. Although I definitely think ARR still needs a lot of tweaking. Redub with the London cast, more voiced scenes, cut filler stuff like Haukke Manor (it can be optional) and the quest for cheese, have players do a story friendly version of the Binding Coils in 2.1, then proceed onto the Crystal Tower (Nero needs to have a MSQ icon above him too), move Good King Moogle to the base game where Haukke Manor is now, replace the 4-man trials in ARR with the 8-man versions and don't require players to repeat the fights in the patch story... among other things lol

I feel like there are so many cool things in ARR and its patch content but it doesn't flow well at all.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be caught up for endwalker after playing a couple weeks. What a mad lad.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Omega has one of the hypest climaxes in the game imo. Anyone playing for the story and missing midgardsormr saving your ass, the final confrontation with Omega, and Alpha riding off into the sunset is doing themselves a massive disservice.

Contranova

Oct 26, 2017
NYC
Seeing him power through the expansions like this give me confidence in my plan to go through Stormblood, Shadowbringers and Endwalker in 30 days to avoid subbing
My friend, it would be nice to support the devs for their work, I mean it costs $13 month which is essentially one lunch. :) But to each their own i guess.

Basically, Sakaguchi telling everyone that "doesn't count" the MMO FFs that they're wrong.
THIS! :-)

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Omega has one of the hypest climaxes in the game imo. Anyone playing for the story and missing midgardsormr saving your ass, the final confrontation with Omega, and Alpha riding off into the sunset is doing themselves a massive disservice.
Also seeing Alpha and Omega out in the world exploring afterwards is soooooo cute.

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
Stormblood is finished.

OMG his glamour! Can't wait for him to get to 5.3

spiderman-meme.jpg

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Even Gooch got teary at this part with Eternal Wind. SHB is so good.

Give it another day and we'll get to see his reaction to 5.3 lol.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Sakaguchi recognizing the reference to Cruise Chaser Blassty and Matsuno telling him to go do the Alexander raids was amusing

b5iUGBX.png

tJZcL40.png

Sakaguchi "The Perfect Legend" when

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Dude really just fucking blasted through the MSQ of the game just like that eh? Must enjoy it tons.

Will be nice, he'll be all caught up for Endwalker.

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Sakaguchi is leteery a mad player. I have no hope in catching up to him. I hope to have him enjoy Endwalker like everyone else on it's fullest

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
This has been really fun to follow. Sakaguchi picking up on some things I definitely didn't know about were references. Also Sakaguchi referring to Matsuno by the nickname Mattsu is so cute, they must be close.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
This has been really fun to follow. Sakaguchi picking up on some things I definitely didn't know about were references. Also Sakaguchi referring to Matsuno by the nickname Mattsu is so cute, they must be close.
Gooch headhunted Matsuno to make FFT and then picked him to lead FFXII (he was apparently so bummed he left the project before it released that he didn't play past the intro).

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
LOL Sakaguchi, devourer of MMOs. Makes you wonder how addicted he must have been to EQ and Ultima Online...I mean clearly a lot since he kidnapped Tanaka and team Chrono Cross to make them go and develop FFXI but XD jfc

To be continued...
OP
OP
Theswweet

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California

Welp, turns out he was waiting to dump everything at once. He did all of Eden and actually already finished MSQ.

In 2 weeks he did all of the HW patches, all of Stormblood + Patches + Omega, and all of Shadowbringers + Patches + Eden. Holy SHIT. Can we get a thread title update?

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Thread title update needed, it seems. Glad he's enjoying himself. Makes sense from the stories I've heard lol.

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
I'm intimidated by the knowledge that, despite only starting the game a month ago, I know he's going to complete Endwalker faster than I can.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017

Welp, turns out he was waiting to dump everything at once. He did all of Eden and actually already finished MSQ.

In 2 weeks he did all of the HW patches, all of Stormblood + Patches + Omega, and all of Shadowbringers + Patches + Eden. Holy SHIT. Can we get a thread title update?

The man is insane... I love it! Hopefully it inspires him to make one last AAA JRPG... However unlikely that may be.