Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Preordered the deluxe edition on PS5 before they announced a fix for people who've owned previous titles on Steam. Also got GOTY Edition for the first game and 2 Gold. I should be set.

bluemax38

Nov 3, 2020
So can we all admit that MS's smart delivery far exceeds what Sony is doing?
Sure sounds like it, however I have an XSX and was tidying both my internal and external storage yesterday and was finding multiple "base game" copies of the same game installed on the internal and external drives. I've no idea how this has really happened, it may have been because I moved the games over from my external drive to my new Series X when I got it and rather than moving the game it just installed the optimised version onto the internal hard drive and kept the original. Apart from that it's been pretty good.

I'm currently replaying Hitman 1 in Hitman 2 (I played it a bit when it was on Game Pass last year) and am really enjoying it again. Managed to pick up the Gold edition of Hitman 2 for £11 last month which was an absolute steal. I think I'll chug away at Hitman 1 for a while and get Hitman 3 when it's on sale and then take advantage of the remastered Hitman 2 maps as well.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
O know this thread is just a litany of questions but I'm making it worse sorry.

In the OP and IOI article they state that a web page will be used to do a one time progress transfer from h2 to h3. With progress here I'm talking about your save, xp levels and of course, unlockables.

IOI say the web.page will be up, before release....has anyone seen it yet!?

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Am I right in the assumption that I can set my Xbox to New Zealand today to play earlier?
Aside from the global launch time, that trick, in reality, only really works for gamepass games.

Any games with regional unlock times have that baked into the store version you BUY. As an example I bought a us version of a game, downloaded the UK version from the UK store, whilst living in the UK, but it unlocked at us release time.

It works for gamepass because you basically buy the NZ version of the game, so you get the unlock time based on the NZ version.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Been trying super hard to get all the achievements in Hitman 2 before the transfer, but dont think I will make it in time for H3 release. Ill probably hold off playing 3 so I can transfer everything when I finish. I just have some hitman 1 levels, and then the siberia sniping mission left to do. Wish H1 progress carried over to 2 because I finished everything in the first game.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
It unlocks globally at 1pm UTC on the 20th. So timezone switch shenanigans shouldnt work.
Aside from the global launch time, that trick, in reality, only really works for gamepass games.

Any games with regional unlock times have that baked into the store version you BUY. As an example I bought a us version of a game, downloaded the UK version from the UK store, whilst living in the UK, but it unlocked at us release time.

It works for gamepass because you basically buy the NZ version of the game, so you get the unlock time based on the NZ version.

Damn it. Tomorow it is then.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Been trying super hard to get all the achievements in Hitman 2 before the transfer, but dont think I will make it in time for H3 release. Ill probably hold off playing 3 so I can transfer everything when I finish. I just have some hitman 1 levels, and then the siberia sniping mission left to do. Wish H1 progress carried over to 2 because I finished everything in the first game.
I'm 20 trophies away from having everything in Hitman 2, including DLC

I don't think I can do it all, replaying level 5 escalations after already doing it in H1 is brutal and Sniper Challenges aren't as fun as they are time consuming. I'm gonna end it with like 5 missing I think.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hitman 1 and 2 are included in the base game download. Just need the access pass to activate it
But there should be some 10mb key or something ? I checked my hitman 2 install I have the game and 31 add on ....( from hitman 1 and 2). Surely many will be missing then isn't it ?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm very interested to see some load time comparisons between last gen and current gen consoles. This is a game where I'm saving and loading states a lot so improving those on current gen consoles would be huge for me. The load times are not long in Hitman 2 on PS4 but it's always nice if things improve even more.

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
Looks like review embargo lifts at 1pm UTC according to Opencritic. I don't really care about reviews for this if I'm honest as I've already pre-ordered and can't see how the quality of the level design would suddenly drop dramatically, but I'm interested to see how it's received.

Hitman 2 got hit by some 'more of the same' critiques but I feel like more goodwill might be extended to this entry given it's the end of the trilogy. It seems like more and more people are perhaps recognising what a great achievement this reboot series has been the more time has passed.

Last edited:

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I'm 20 trophies away from having everything in Hitman 2, including DLC

I don't think I can do it all, replaying level 5 escalations after already doing it in H1 is brutal and Sniper Challenges aren't as fun as they are time consuming. I'm gonna end it with like 5 missing I think.

Im looking up every trick I can find to make the hitman 1 levels go faster. I have Marrakesh, Colorado, some of Hokkaido, and the bonus levels left. Then Siberia sniper mission.

The escalations are actually a breath of fresh air for me after getting to mastery level 20 on a mission, they usually arent too bad with tricks people have found. I just did one on Sapienza where you can finish each level in about a minute using the exact same strategy for every level.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Im looking up every trick I can find to make the hitman 1 levels go faster. I have Marrakesh, Colorado, some of Hokkaido, and the bonus levels left. Then Siberia sniper mission.

The escalations are actually a breath of fresh air for me after getting to mastery level 20 on a mission, they usually arent too bad with tricks people have found. I just did one on Sapienza where you can finish each level in about a minute using the exact same strategy for every level.
I've still got Bangkok, Colorado and Hokkaido escalations to go. I remember them being rough back during H1 so I've just been too afraid to touch them. I'll see if there's any easy exploits out there.

PC Era casualty...

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I am confused. Am I supposed to be able to download those Access Packs right now? I own Hitman 1 and 2 on Xbox but can't find anything.

Datrael

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
So I bought Hitman 1 GOTY and Hitman 2 Gold edition last week on the PSN store, I just now redeemed the Hitman 1 GOTY legacy pack through the Hitman 2 store after accessing it through the Hitman 1 store.

I have Hitman 3 Deluxe for PS5 on its way, to be delivered tomorrow. I've never played hitman but tried out the first level and tutorials of hitman 2. I loved it.

I'm gonna play the whole trilogy through the Hitman 3 engine. I think I'm in for quite the treat.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I am confused. Am I supposed to be able to download those Access Packs right now? I own Hitman 1 and 2 on Xbox but can't find anything.
You have to download the Hitman 1 Legacy pack through the in-game store. The Hitman 2 Legacy pack is still a mystery to me but I'm assuming it'll be in the Hitman 3 in-game store, so I'm leaving everything installed until then.

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
So I bought Hitman 1 GOTY and Hitman 2 Gold edition last week on the PSN store, I just now redeemed the Hitman 1 GOTY legacy pack through the Hitman 2 store after accessing it through the Hitman 1 store.

I have Hitman 3 Deluxe for PS5 on its way, to be delivered tomorrow. I've never played hitman but tried out the first level and tutorials of hitman 2. I loved it.

I'm gonna play the whole trilogy through the Hitman 3 engine. I think I'm in for quite the treat.
You are! :D

I'll admit: I also only started a few weeks ago playing Hitman (2016) and Hitman 2. Last Hitman game I ever played was Hitman: Blood Money many years ago. I don't know why I'm so late to this whole thing but I think partially it was the confusion about releases, editions, updates/changes, the always-online structure, potentially missing out on content, what to get etc. But it feels like coming home to a game/stealth concept that's a very refined Blood Money. It feels bad neglecting this series for so long... but ioi, you really need to release a World of Assassination Trilogy package eventually with everything on one disc (which I can easily gift to people).

mandiller

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I need some help. I'm trying to redeem the Hitman 1 GOTY Legacy pack in Hitman 2 so I'm ready for when 3 drops, but it's not showing up as free for me.

I have Hitman 1 GOTY installed and I've booted it and loaded a level today on my ps5 after previously playing it on my PS4 years ago. I also have Hitman 2 Gold installed on my Ps5 and I've gone into it after playing 1 and gone to load a campaign mission from the first game and it boots me to a store page to buy the Legacy pack. It's still not showing as free. What do I do?

*EDIT* I'm an idiot. I found a way to redeem the Legacy pack inside Hitman 1's store. This is a confusing process.... So I'm downloading that now and it should hopefully all work.

Last edited:

Datrael

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
You are! :D

I'll admit: I also only started a few weeks ago playing Hitman (2016) and Hitman 2. Last Hitman game I ever played was Hitman: Blood Money many years ago. I don't know why I'm so late to this whole thing but I think partially it was the confusion about releases, editions, updates/changes, the always-online structure, potentially missing out on content, what to get etc. But it feels like coming home to a game/stealth concept that's a very refined Blood Money. It feels bad neglecting this series for so long... but ioi, you really need to release a World of Assassination Trilogy package eventually with everything on one disc (which I can easily gift to people).
I passed on Hitman (2016) because the episodic format highly discouraged me, so after that I really wasn't interested on anything Hitman.

But I've been reading a lot of good stuff about the new games since then too and this is the perfect opportunity I think.

If they do release a pack with everything on one disc, after DLC for hitman 3 (if there is any confirmed) I may even double dip.

Dermee

Dec 16, 2017
Will we be able to unlock Hitman 1/2 trophies/ achievements in the Hitman 3 client as we play those locations?

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
I need some help. I'm trying to redeem the Hitman 1 GOTY Legacy pack in Hitman 2 so I'm ready for when 3 drops, but it's not showing up as free for me.

I have Hitman 1 GOTY installed and I've booted it and loaded a level today on my ps5 after previously playing it on my PS4 years ago. I also have Hitman 2 Gold installed on my Ps5 and I've gone into it after playing 1 and gone to load a campaign mission from the first game and it boots me to a store page to buy the Legacy pack. It's still not showing as free. What do I do?

*EDIT* I'm an idiot. I found a way to redeem the Legacy pack inside Hitman 1's store. This is a confusing process.... So I'm downloading that now and it should hopefully all work.
Yeah the process is really annoying, I had to redownload hitman 1 to get it even though I ha downloaded it before which was super annoying.

SpaceKangaroo

Oct 28, 2017
Got the PS4 disc early - no PS5 digital upgrade available yet (I assume tomorrow).

Installed it and booted it up (PS4 version on PS5). Save/progress transfer site incompatible in PS5 browser (guessing it's either offline or doing save transfer for the PS4 version on a PS5 is a no no).
Seems like it requires a login of your IOI account and likely has the browser respond with the data format to write a new save for you. If you do this at a later date it overwrites the current Hitman 3 progress though. Hopefully all is fine tomorrow!

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A little reminder found on the IOI website.

The carryover process requires an IOI Account and can only be done through a web browser, it's not possible to do it in-game. We will have the website ready to go before launch, but it is not live yet. Once it is ready, we will share the news via ioi.dk and update this post.

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
Hey Era, sorry if this has been asked before but can someone clarify this for me:

1. I am going to play 3 when it comes to Steam (in a year?)

2. Prior to that, I will actually try to catch up on the 'first' two games

3. And my actual question: since I have both 1 and 2 on the same platform, and these modern Hitman games seem to be a case of games as a service vibes, can I get the full Hitman 1 experience via Hitman 2 or is there any reason to play 1 separately? Hope that makes sense!

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so Hitman 3 preorder was $63 on psn last week, it says discount until 1/20/2021, was traveling and was waiting to get home to buy it, when i log in today on my ps5 and take a look the price is now $72. wtf?

Vic20

Nov 10, 2019
Hey Era, sorry if this has been asked before but can someone clarify this for me:

1. I am going to play 3 when it comes to Steam (in a year?)

2. Prior to that, I will actually try to catch up on the 'first' two games

3. And my actual question: since I have both 1 and 2 on the same platform, and these modern Hitman games seem to be a case of games as a service vibes, can I get the full Hitman 1 experience via Hitman 2 or is there any reason to play 1 separately? Hope that makes sense!
You can get the full hitman 1 experience through hitman 2, I fully recommend it too.

Vic20

Nov 10, 2019
so Hitman 3 preorder was $63 on psn last week, it says discount until 1/20/2021, was traveling and was waiting to get home to buy it, when i log in today on my ps5 and take a look the price is now $72. wtf?
The deluxe edition is the one discounted, the standard edition has no discount.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Just realised as well I sold my physical copy of hitman 1 because I assumed I had redeemed it for free on ps plus (?). I have my hitman 1 levels imported into two, but I won't be able to get the GOTY upgrade for all the patient zero stuff

Sucks also that they won't be bringing the sarajevo six back either

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Awesome, thanks Abdul, is it like a straightforward chronological experience? I guess I should just install the damn game lol, just don't want to miss out.
Honestly the story is fine, but hardly crucial. It's perfectly possible to just pick and mix missions as you choose without loosing out. There is no game mechanic progression in so far as you learn something new in map 2 that you need in map 3.
Though I cannot remember if all maps are unlocked from the get go or if you have to play them in order... I'd assume the former tbh.

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
I think all maps are unlocked from the very start but they warn you that, ideally, you should complete prior missions before playing them to understand the story better.

If you're new to the series you'll probably want to play through the missions in order in the 'campaign' tab of the main menu but don't sleep on all the many bonus missions there are which you can only access via the 'destinations' menu. In particular, don't miss out on The Icon and Landslide in Sapienza and The House Built on Sand in Marrakesh. They're not relevant to the main story but they're damn good bonus missions and you won't find them if you only stick to the campaign menu.

DukeBobby

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to the reviews. Expecting low 80s like the last two although they deserve much more.