Zassimick

Nov 6, 2017
I just finished Hollow Knight on Sunday for the first time. Got the original ending, 78% completion. I may go back and do some more grub hunting or do the Grimm Troupe, but I don't intend to ever beat it completely. As is, the game was a tad repetitive but otherwise amazing.

I'll be supporting this on day one.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck I really gotta pick HK back up. Haven't played it in months after really getting into it.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is it still not an RPG?

I thought the first game was okay, but it still couldn't touch Symphony or Aria of Sorrow because of the lack of leveling and the limited abilities. Most players won't be able to scratch the endgame/optional bosses.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
True_Love_Hollow_Knight.png
Tetris 99 aside... yeah

Is it still not an RPG?

I thought the first game was okay, but it still couldn't touch Symphony or Aria of Sorrow because of the lack of leveling and the limited abilities. Most players won't be able to scratch the endgame/optional bosses.

I don't think HK pretends to be something like SOTN or AOS. HK is fine as it is.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
Woo!! I'm so excited! Hollow Knight is seriously one of the top 5 Metroidvanias ever made!

I love the movement of Hornet, looks like it'll be a more exciting dynamic range of moves!

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
looks amazing holy shit. and HORNET?! the best character from the first game? day 1

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
hooooooly shit!!!! this looks so dope. can't wait. a bit bummed this isn't coming day one on ps4 though. Any word on when that might drop?

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
Hollow Knight was my GotY for 2018. This is as day 0 as it gets. I'm so happy it's a full blown sequel because I was expecting far less. The trailer was super good too...

I hope we get it within the year.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Pretty lame that it's delayed on PS4. I'm pretty sure they have the money to hire someone to port it.

It's a lot easier and less troublesome to first finish a game and work out all the programming bugs before giving it to a 3rd party to port over. Larger studios would probably have someone to coordinate that stuff, but it's obvious they don't want additional tasks on their plate so it makes sense to finish the game on their own terms first and then hand the final source code over to whatever porting studio they choose.

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yes! This is so awesome!

I stopped watching the trailer half way through cause I'm sold and don't want to spoil anything else.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Dude, what the fuck, this is a WHOLE NEW GAME NOT DLC? Damn.

I had my gripes with Hollow Knight yet I'll still gladly buy anything they put out going forward honestly. Not all of it worked for me but it was clearly a beautifully realized and inspired game and I'm hoping they can iron out some of those kinks in this sequel. It was really close to greatness for me.

Edit: Oh shit, I didn't see it wasn't on PS4, ouch :/

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I've seen the trailer 114 times now and i haven't seen a release date... I know it's there! You guys keep looking I'll try again.

Oct 25, 2017
México
Best news of the year so far.

Any word on a physical release? I will double dip on the first Hollow Knight (I got it on digital on the Switch), and I would prefer a physical copy of Silksong too.

Jul 20, 2018
This might be the push I needed to finally finish Godmaster. I got to the third pantheon but it's so hard lol. Always die to Grimm.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
My opinion of Hollow Knight soured the longer I played it, so I wasn't really looking forward to this too much. However since it is on a new map, that could go a long way in alleviating my issues about the first game. Interest piqued.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, just bought on the Switch. It was even cheaper than the steam version and it also includes all of the DLC. Amazing.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Is it still not an RPG?

It leans more heavily on the Metroid side than the Vania side, but there are still charms you can use to mitigate the damage and hp pools of the optional bosses. Maybe the boss gauntlet isn't attainable by everyone, but getting the good ending and maybe even NKG should be doable.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
Great news, and a great surprise considering I was disappointed that they were still working on DLC rather than a sequel.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
I feel like they sould add a 2 to the title, or it may get overlooked as more DLC as they've had quite a few named DLC at this point.

haotshy

Oct 27, 2017
I can't watch right now, but I'm fucking hyped. Hollow Knight is one of the best games I've ever played.

paddyk84

Banned
Jan 31, 2019
Is it still not an RPG?

Not every game needs levelling and there are tons of abilities.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
They have already stated its a sequel

Day 0, I hope they charge more than $15 they deserve it
It was originally framed as being Hornet DLC, and there have been other Randal one games that consist of entirely new stuff (e.g. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy) that get written off as DLC

I'm glad they now call this a sequel, because if they disn't It would get downplayed, guaranteed.

Flavor Savior

Dec 28, 2017
Arkham, Massachusetts
Team Cherry indulging in their habit of feature creep as usual. Sold, day zero, best modern metroidvania by a country mile. Not expecting it to be out this year, but will definitely keep an ear to the ground for a release window.

kyo2004

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bogotá D.C.
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!

Awesome news... It's a lock the double dipping (PC and Switch) on this sequel. 112%'d on Switch and awaiting for more bug action.

If they announce a physical double pack I will buy/preorder on an instant.