• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
Finally have time to start Part 2.
Story section is super weird with controller for me.

- I can press hide button on controller to hide the ui on the more standard VN parts but when it's a proper cutscene, I couldn't. However, I can still click the hide button on the screen to hide the ui so it's not like they lock that function, it just doesn't work on controller. I can still skip with controller though Tried remapping to different buttons or combo and it's still the same.

- If I use A on the controller to press the on-screen hide/history/auto button, the text will proceed simultaneously with the action of whatever I was pressing (like the text log will appear at the same time as the text proceeding to the next line) but if I use my mouse to click then it'll just work normally without text proceeding.
At first I thought it was some kind of double input from my controller, but what weird is that, if I press A on my controller to interact with text log like replaying the voice, the text would still proceed to the next line in the background, which is impossible to replicate with clicking with mouse because you'd only be able to interact with text log on that screen. So, I think the game just register A as proceed no matter what screen you're on or what you're clicking.

edit: tested it some more and came to the conclusion that the key binding system is just fucked in general. It's not just controller, keyboard control also ran into the same issue. I can replicate the hide issue and double input with next/action with my keyboard (enter key serves as both "next" button and "click" button and it'll do both at the same time).

Last edited:

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
For the ER shop coins (e.g 3 for HoFS when you clear 1.5x), do they apply retroactively? Say I clear 2.5x with Aponia now, will I be able to purchase her coins immediately if/when it comes out, or would I have to do it again when the coin gets released. Since the bonuses are pretty good for Fire/Electric now.

Also, new event seems super tedious. It probably gets better later, but right now getting that intermediate diner is taking sooo many runs of the minigame

Jun 17, 2023
For the ER shop coins (e.g 3 for HoFS when you clear 1.5x), do they apply retroactively? Say I clear 2.5x with Aponia now, will I be able to purchase her coins immediately if/when it comes out, or would I have to do it again when the coin gets released. Since the bonuses are pretty good for Fire/Electric now.
9ilkGD9.png

Yep, happened to me once. Unfortunately, I can't remember anymore.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
After 2.0 I really have to say though, it still doesnt really feel that much of a reboot and a more "convincing" open world chapter. Everything feels a bit "slapped on" and also that the other part of the city doesnt really get you into the main menu is a bit annoying.

Like I expected both cities to be a bit more like HSR cities with some meaningful quests and actually from an appereance standpoint, they kinda are. It is just that there isnt really anything to do there after you finished your like 5 standard sidequests.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
More thoughts on Sena team after experiencing a few more Abyss. Right now, the biggest issue seems to be the variance in damage between Normal Mode and Stellar Outburst Mode. Stellar Outburst damage is absolutely bonkers (for example it 1-cycled the current SD boss 2nd phase), buts its only usable like once a fight, so timing it is very important.

Maybe it gets better with SSS Dreamseeker (I hear we get more Frags in future chapters)

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
Is there any indicator of reaching a checkpoint in the Part 2 story? Having to redo a huge portion of the story because I just wanted to change something in the setting is so annoying (also fuck not being able to go into menu without backing out to the home screen). It's also extra annoying because some cutscenes are broken into parts and they removed the skip button from some parts for some reason.

Jun 17, 2023
I don't know what I was thinking. Psychological manipulation got the better of me.

Wasted 10 pulls on HoTr Equipment Gacha hoping to get any Bronya stig for wishing well, well...
35Huuqa.png

My second Paganini T...
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck! WHY?!
I think I have 3K left... I'm tempted to go all in, also managed to hit another crystal spending milestone.

Can't max this week's RoBattle as well. God damnit.

Last edited:

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Is there any indicator of reaching a checkpoint in the Part 2 story? Having to redo a huge portion of the story because I just wanted to change something in the setting is so annoying (also fuck not being able to go into menu without backing out to the home screen). It's also extra annoying because some cutscenes are broken into parts and they removed the skip button from some parts for some reason.

Not that I know of. The town (Amber Street) was kind of a pain cos of this. I eventually just settled on playing a bunch of the story in one go to minimise potential repeats.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017

Same thing happened to me where I had to redo a bunch of stuff I already did because I thought it saved progress but apparently it only does it at certain parts and I have no clue when it actually does it.

Just have to do all or most of it in one go and hope for the best.

Jun 17, 2023
Did 4 more pulls on HoTr gacha and finally got Bronya B; my HoTr is now complete, I can also recycle that extra Bronya Zaychik stig.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
FInished the Metroidvania event, one of the better ones, especially the last boss fight. Same issues with most of Hoyo's games though, they want a grind and a statcheck X_X. Level up enough and a fun and challengine boss fight becomes something you can just mash through.

Same for the restaurant bit of the event. You need to grind it for a fairly long time, and then you unlock manager mode and the helpers earn way more than manual mode and you just auto through it. Makes the whole thing feel kinda pointless.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I am trying to finishing up the Dave the Diver event, but like...

Phase 2 I finished, but its bad, because the server is not fast enough. I am cooking as fast as I could, but whenever one is done, there are 2 items the server didnt pick up, delaying the delivery and making customers not happy. Furthermore it does not make sense to add any more than 1 dish to the cycle, because the other ingredients get thrown to the right side, so cooking the dishes take far longer.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
I am trying to finishing up the Dave the Diver event, but like...

Phase 2 I finished, but its bad, because the server is not fast enough. I am cooking as fast as I could, but whenever one is done, there are 2 items the server didnt pick up, delaying the delivery and making customers not happy. Furthermore it does not make sense to add any more than 1 dish to the cycle, because the other ingredients get thrown to the right side, so cooking the dishes take far longer.

On the multiple dishes, I think there's a Furnishing you can get to boost the store popularity the more dishes you have. Absent that, yeah stick to one dish. Apart from that, if you are too fast compared to the server, you can take a drink to speed him/her up.

I generally managed to get S even while cooking, so thats a good baseline to shoot for. But basically once you fall behind, it snowballs and you are always behind.

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
I just got to intermediate and already thought the event was too damn grindy even by HI3rd standard. Usually you can go through the story pretty quick but this time you have to grind over and over to rank up and continue the story. Hope it gets better.

Kaper

Oct 26, 2017
I just got to intermediate and already thought the event was too damn grindy even by HI3rd standard. Usually you can go through the story pretty quick but this time you have to grind over and over to rank up and continue the story. Hope it gets better.
The third phase has you be a 'manager' which just means you get to afk and x4 speed each day.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
I found the story in the event wasnt really good either. I liked the actual more "deep" gameplay, but it even had far less voiced content than previous events.
Honkai events rarely have good story. At least this one is kind of coherent, which is more than what I can say for some of the CNY or Flamechaser stuff, especially that super random crossover between the Flamechasers and Kiana's gang.

In other news, finally fully completed the event, that took way too long. I feel like it was scoped much shorter and then realised its a 8 week patch and padded it just to increase the time people take to complete it. If I were to do it again, I would do Deep first as it offers a lot more rewards for the time investment and skip the last bits of shallow since I don't really need the coins.

Kaper

Oct 26, 2017
Always skip event stories.

I agree that this event, while fun, wore out its welcome. I got everything from the store besides coins, too.

Jun 17, 2023
I have made the critical mistake of starting the mainline today. 16 days left...
E7LZCe2.jpeg

Y'all give me an estimate how long a 100% completion will take?

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Some thing I noitced with running Senadina in Elysian Realm (at least compared to my other characters). She seems quite strong, since her super attack deals a ton of damage and to reset the CD you just have to do an ultimate evasion and you can rinse repeat that. Dont have any issues or taking too long in 2.25.

The only issue I have with her playstyle is that she often just jumps for those attacks, so the enemies that ran away and couldnt be "captured", dont get any damage.

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
Just started Thelema story and I kinda appreciate her back design now. It totally fits her character to be like "fuck your Hoyo split hair design. I'd rather only have half of my hair than follow that design philosophy like a sheep".
Her outfit is also pretty right heavy to balance things out.

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
62 pulls 0 Thelema.
Lost 50/50 and almost hit hard pity yesterday in Genshin too (+got the bow from weapon banner). My gacha luck this week absolutely sucks.

edit: got B stigma from the 2 tickets I had left. I've only been getting stigmata from equipment supply after the made them craftable and 0 weapons since Part 2 dropped. Including craftable equipments in the gacha pool is just evil.

Last edited:

atlans89

Oct 25, 2017
We just know a patch ahead from CN beta. Next one is Lantern.
People are not really digging around that much for this game.
Leakers did do it for Thelema when Mihoyo decide to do closed beta similar to Genshin/HSR, but droped it once Mihoyo announced they will go back to old format partially.

Btw, 106 pulls for both Thelema and her weapon...

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Lantern looks cool. I like her design more than Thelema, she kinda reminds me of the Promare collab.

Only thing is, with Sena + Thelema + Lantern, its essentially the trio team with no discounts (or a bit depending on how you rate Part 2 changes). Trio had HoTr with semi-free gear, and HoO was free with 50% off gear. And the fact that Thelema needs Sena for support and its likely that Lantern needs the other two makes them really expensive.

Still thinking on whether to roll Thelema (did the discounted pull). Even if I get her, I don't have any prisms to level her gear (possibly won't have enough even if I go full pity on the gear banner). She would have been an easy skip since I don't like her design, but the fact that she immediately invalidated Sena's team really kind of sucks. And also cos I don't have HoR.

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Download for my M1 Mac mini.. mostly to support the notion of Hoyo adding genshin and star rail as well. Runs pretty well, had some weird black streaks in parts of the story running about town.

Used to play a little on my iPad.. and the menu UI is still the worst most confusing thing ever.

Oct 26, 2017
Lantern looks cool. I like her design more than Thelema, she kinda reminds me of the Promare collab.

Only thing is, with Sena + Thelema + Lantern, its essentially the trio team with no discounts (or a bit depending on how you rate Part 2 changes). Trio had HoTr with semi-free gear, and HoO was free with 50% off gear. And the fact that Thelema needs Sena for support and its likely that Lantern needs the other two makes them really expensive.

Still thinking on whether to roll Thelema (did the discounted pull). Even if I get her, I don't have any prisms to level her gear (possibly won't have enough even if I go full pity on the gear banner). She would have been an easy skip since I don't like her design, but the fact that she immediately invalidated Sena's team really kind of sucks. And also cos I don't have HoR.

People saying that this is the real Promare collab.

Wonder if Trio teams are gonna be a thing they are going to do more of.

Like first Trio team will be Sena/Thelema/Lantern, then they start another one with the next character releases.

Although since it's tied to the Astral Ring maybe they will actually be more interchangeable.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I am completely ignorant of the meta of this game. I got Thelema, but missed Sena. Guess I should roll for her rerun then.

Though tbh unlike other Hoyo games its easy to not care about what characters you have in this one.

Last edited:

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
I am completely ignorant of the meta of this game. I got Thelema, but missed Sena. Guess I sould roll for her rerun then.

Though tbh unlike other Hoyo games its easy to not care about what characters you have in this one.
The thing is, if you are just playing for the story as many players do, why even bother to roll? Since Story provides you with trial valks anyway. When I was starting out, I rolled Flamescion (still my favourite battlesuit), and realised I can't use her anywhere in the story. So I had to go to Elysian Realm and Abyss, and those are pretty stat/gear-checky. And If you do care about that stuff, then you'd probably also have to care about the meta since there really isn't that much freedom in team-building, and its not exactly fun tickling the mob and watching the timer run out

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
Finally got Thelema and did her tutorial, which is kinda different.
Like, Thelema's teammates are Sena and Coralie and both team cycle tutorial just skipped Sena altogether. The basic one had Coralie do the opener and Thelema handles the rest while the Stellar Outburst one basically had Thelema do the entire thing solo lol (well, you couldn't switch character with her Stellar Outburst activated). I really don't know how Sena fits into this team.
The tutorial with her in Sena's team is the usual though.

Thelema's combo is pretty free so I like that. I feel like the rotations have become pretty rigid and I got kinda bored so it's pretty refreshing when Thelema's tutorial is mostly just telling you to do whatever you want. She also has most tools I'd want in an action game: gap closer, launch, knock down, pull so playing her solo is fun enough. It's probably not optimal but I'm getting so tired of every game forcing you constantly switching characters so I'm really enjoying this.

edit: so, reading her skills a bit more, the main reason Sena's in the team is because she's currently the only Harmonized Shadow Star character aside from Thelema and she needs this type of character to activate some of her skills.

Last edited:

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
How's everyone's Source Prism income/stash? I am running really low, to the point where I'm starting to think that you have to pull to get the stigs even if you get the weapon early, because Source Prisms are so rare.

Right now my pulling policy is "Do discounted 10 pull for char banner to build pity", then wait for spending event to actually get chars and gear.

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
How's everyone's Source Prism income/stash? I am running really low, to the point where I'm starting to think that you have to pull to get the stigs even if you get the weapon early, because Source Prisms are so rare.

Right now my pulling policy is "Do discounted 10 pull for char banner to build pity", then wait for spending event to actually get chars and gear.
I have all the Part 2 stigs but not all of them fully upgraded. I currently have 20 SP left but I'd need 31 to fully upgrade all of them. I'd still not pull for stigs though. Upgrading them is where it gets expensive and I'm fine with leaving some not fully-upgraded.
But then again, I'm never one to min-max this game and would rather get new characters to play around with (outside of the story) rather than spending my pulls on stigs.

Jun 17, 2023
Gotten used to the new UI, but still find it not as good as the original one in terms of stylization. A small pain I have is that it's hard to determine if you still have weapon skill charges. Compared to the original which is blue when it's full, a darker shade of blue when it's not and grey when there's no charge, this one is just grey and a darker shade of grey. Another one of my problems then was it's quite small, but it didn't really bother me much. I imagine that some people had a problem with how small it was, that's why in 7.4 they increased the size. Thanks to that, I could now see it in it's *cough* full glory *cough*.

A Hundred Years of Solitary Shadow

YRDAFAv.gif
Another open world... hrrnnggg... I wouldn't be so averse to these if it weren't for the fact that most the story is not replayable. The last 2 and 1/2 arcs were instance-based and now we're back to open world. I still wish they wouldn't abandon the instance-based method in the upcoming future. There are some CGs and conversation I'd like to record or take pictures of and the only way to get them would be YT videos and sometimes they're too brief for a full loop. Oxia and Langqiu looks decent... though, my eyes aren't really trained/capable in determining if it's really that big of a jump from the Part 1 environments. Oxia's Antares Building is quite small... well, it is a building and I wonder if we'll ever get to see/roam outside of it.

The fucking settings being inaccessible while in Langqiu and Oxia irritates me. I often play the game on mute unless I'm doing the story or abyss. Before I would just pause the game the moment my story run starts and unmute it, you can't do that here. Hell, fuck nah. You have to leave the open world and go back to the bridge to get that shit turned on; the previous ones weren't like this. The prompt when trying to Quit and Restart are also gone here, so if you manage to press them accidentally, how often that happens, you're restarting/quitting no questions. It IS faster, but I don't think it was a good idea.

7.4 Update: They added the settings now, but only when you're roaming the open world. You still can't change it while in combat or in any other stage like Dream of Loss and Sea Mirage... I do wonder how you mess up something that you've been doing perfectly for the past 6-7 years. Who knows... they might make the pause menu complete again in the upcoming patches.
nR9Jr9R.png
7lycHld.png
4nAnX1z.png

Story surprisingly wasn't that confusing, well... until some parts of Act 3, even then I feel like it wasn't at the level as the previous arcs and I don't remember any major localization issue outside the books. My only gripe is what the fuck was Duonigue's actual reason for what he did? The conversation between Litost and Baiji did not help, but did the opposite. All I know is that Litost's wish is to die and leave no trace, not just memories, but also every action and its consequences, but Duonigue said "No" and I don't remember them confirming it. I know I'm an idiot, but I didn't think I was 5-Star idiot. The fact that that mutt was just let go after all of that was weird... the thing's powerless, that's its punishment, I guess.

And from the looks of it, Anne Dreamseeker is doing her own thing (Thank God). I do worry about the inclusion of Ai-Chan, I still dislike how she was introduced and woven into the story in Part 1.

Liked Sa (Boss) more than Duonigue (Boss), it gave me a good hit of that dopamine. This one feels a bit more sluggish than Sa. Yet again, I can blame character differences; Hua's playstyle is just built different, plus Sa was an arc finale boss compared to the mutt, who's the first of what I could assume 3 bosses. The music is good though.

RO1SYVt.png
PZ3lVr2.png
Haven't really read all of the these, but from what I already seen these two stood out. We went from 1st, 2nd, 3rd, then September, then back to 10th, 11th and such. The localizers should've just stayed with numbered months rather than switching between them and the Gregorgian calendar names considering we don't have names for, nor does the 13th-18th months exist. I'd would've made it much more consistent. It's funny 'cuz I don't really remember anything in the localization that made me stop in the story, if there was I would've hyper-focused on it. Also, what's with the random "2"s?

The books that Youyun wrote makes me dread their debut.

Okay, what the hell is with the midriffs? We already have 3 of them, also Helia and Thelema's hair reminds me of Vill-V.
5gAVNzG.png
hdge7nX.png
D3w1eKX.png

So far, I like both Songque and Coralie. Coralie being quite a bully is nice and the fact she has that "no bullshit" kinda attitude makes it better. Her design also helps considering (together with Thelema) we already have 3 characters that have a midriff, I rank her design the best of the 3. Songque... somewhat laidback, quite capable but can be a bit of a klutz. I love her; the voice acting is also on point.
bcWvXLb.png
F77IiPm.png

Kinda understand people's complaints about Senadina's lack of i-frames. I just brushed it off for a while up until I did the story and the things in Langqiu. My habit of just fighting everything I see regardless of the level difference leads me to have 5 to 6-minute bouts with those shitheads. The scorpions weren't a problem, they're easy to deal with. The soon to be sashimi™ (fish) on the other hand, were irritating... they fly around all over place and makes it quite hard to hit them all at the same time; wasting damage and ultimately, time (score). That's not even counting the bullshit dive, I thought we talked about this! This is the Void Chela (Quantum Crab) all over again, the last thing I need now is missing Sena's anchor. The positive to this is that they don't stay as long underground compared to that fucking translucent crustacean. The lack of i-frames mainly becomes a problem when dealing with those 4-idiot totem poles, the moment that shit spins while Sena's in an animation is moment to pray. I just end up getting surprised I apparently fucking died and it also takes quite a while to make them collapse back into 5'11" tall bastards. I should really use Coralie more than Sena when it comes to the totem poles.
rT9klNn.gif

The equipment takes quite a while to level up (to max) in this one or either it's just my stupid arse upgrading everything and not waiting until I get a golden creature aspect before upgrading, essentially wasting my Antares Cinnabars, 16 days since I finally unlocked commissions and I still haven't maxed everything (this includes the major one on the right). There's also the numerous vinyl from Darren that cost 10K each, I already have 2 (Moon Halo and Rubia, my personal favourites). But from the looks of it, we'll be staying in Langqiu and Oxia for a while, so it won't be a problem in the long run and honestly it's my fault for waiting this long to start the story when it was an 8-week patch. Just a bit of a pet peeve, but I absolutely hate seeing the "garbage" in my inventory when levelling up the creature aspects, ended up using the other creatures to level up the one I'm using instead of the Starfall Blossoms and from the looks of it there's not really any difference in price, so it can't be the reason for the slow levelling. I wish there was a way to destroy these shites; it doesn't even need to yield anything, just get them off my fucking sight.

[April 30, 2024] Correction: There was a way to destroy it. My arse just didn't go through all the menus.

7.4 Update: They seem to have increased the amount of cinnabar from the Comms and Dream of Loss. I'm not sure on the comms, but I distinctly remember the cinnabar reward for Dream of Loss III was 4,500 and now it's 9,000. It's quite faster now.

The commissions, it might be faster, but I rather fight enemies again and again or do those stupid arse puzzles than talk to the same NPCs repeatedly and deliver shit; especially the one with the Feartre Actor:
Feartre Actor said:
What do they collect in Fear Gathering?
This shit insults me, I normally wouldn't care, but damn, this shit insults me. At least the one from Vincent requires you to check your room before you get the right answer for the first question.

7.4 Update (Feartre Actor): Looks like they changed the questions (or maybe just added more, who knows) to something less insulting.

A Feast Sought in Data

Fun event, there's 2 parts to the gameplay. The diner with 3 roles, each subsequent role easier than the last and the side-scroller to collect ingredients. Half the cast seem to be adults: Alham, Yewei, Darren and Chenxue. The former 3 had a good amount of alcohol. Sweet's somewhat unhinged nature when it comes to his father makes me snicker.
MBAUyFr.png
The classic dialogue UI is back, but there doesn't seem to be individual colors assigned to (all) the characters this time. I think Sweet had one, but only in name and only when interacting with her to upgrade things.

qUBw5zN.gif
1jiFXIp.gif
pV2oCmi.gif
I find being the Server was the best of three two on the Diner. Filling the drinks, delivering the food and the cleaning the damned plates can get quite hectic, especially when you're essentially going half random pressing on the last one. I started off decent on the plates, but somehow got progressively worse. How that happened I have no idea. When being the chef, the automated (default) server is slow and sometimes end up sabotaging you here and there, although this becomes a non-issue after a certain upgrade midway through the event which increases the customer patience and by the end you'd probably already have better employees making the 2 modes less hectic. The final additional table didn't really made it reach pre-midway levels of rush hour, that is unless... you're willing to cripple yourself and use the default employees. Which now that I think about it, I should've done a manager run with both of them to see how well they'd do. The manager mode doesn't need elaboration, it's auto with a 4x speed.

Wt8veAv.gif
zNefYRk.gif
1UqmsMP.gif
rcPNHz6.gif
The side scroller is fun, liked the platforming. The "puzzle" that took the most time is the one in the Rusty Ruins that needs you to Drop-Dash-Jump near the first elevator, remember it distinctly because of the amount of tries it took compared to everything else. Didn't find the bow quite as good as the other 2 weapons, I was expecting it to auto-aim to any enemy visible on the screen and Anne's the Dreamseeker's line of sight regardless of range, apparently needed to get a bit close, but then I just generally the use the hammer. That blunt motherfucker hits like a truck plus it's the only thing that breaks through shields and most of the time it's not hard to traverse back anyways.

The dailies are reminiscent of Honkai Ranch Tale, the only difference is that you ain't choosing anything on this one. Collect ingredients, sell 3 of this specific dish, kill a specific enemy and whatnot. The complaint I have is the fact that I had to skip 2 dailies because the required ingredient or dish was still locked behind story progression. Advance the story or skip a daily. My brother in Christ... why? The only time that happens is when you just started the event. After finishing the event story (or was it a specific task?) the source matter will refresh to max daily. It would've also helped if they uncapped the spendable source matter for each run from 100 to 400. They did give us a buff after maxing out Anne the Dreamseeker to double each monster drop making it a bit more timely.

Wish the challenges had more requirements/restrictions rather than just kill enemies and a timer. I mean being restricted in what weapons to use for the later stages would've been nice. They had 2 stages that required you to run to the other side of the arena and kill an enemy (that can be killed in one hit) while there's a timer. A survival stage wouldn't hurt as well, they had a survival challenge from one of the pillars in Langqiu.

I kinda want coop back to a degree now... Mostly because I can at least guarantee that I'll get all the rewards unlike 3 weeks ago in Realms. The rewards are also higher, 15 toruses instead of the current 10. Increasing the time limit for the highest reward on the final stage of RoB would've been enough, probably around 1 minute and 45 seconds... or just 1 minute and 30 seconds or maybe it's just a skill issue on my part. Heck, you don't even need to increase the time if they just gave us the appropriate trial valks. The only problem I had with coop is "interacting" with other people and them having the chance to quit halfway through, either forcing me to wait up to >10 minutes or redoing all of it from the start and wasting more than the necessary amount stamina.

I haven't really experienced the equipment gacha properly. So, I can't really say if it's better or worse. One thing for sure is that the character gacha is fucking horrendous. The frequency of people hitting that guarantee or extremely near the guarantee just went from negligible to a point of actual visibility. Holy fuck, that's the first time I've ever experienced getting that close to that stupid arse guarantee. 88 damned pulls. I also better get used to unmaxed equipment 'cuz those cubes are expensive and scarce from the looks of it. I hate seeing unmaxed shit in my inventory unless it's a dupe, but there's nothing I could do about that.

As said in the other thread. Some of the older environments got ever so slightly washed-out(?) thanks to the new lighting system. Don't have comparison pictures unfortunately, but I remember rushing straight to Mirage - Illuminated Land the night after the update to do shit and somehow felt it looked less bright or something. Same with some of the regular stages I play in Mirage or Abyss... there was an off feeling about their look after the update; I remember Tai Xuan being noticeably greener when I did an abyss run one time. Unfortunately, I don't think this one is fixable. The old environments weren't made with the new system in mind, but it's not enough to ruin them, so I'll take as a win in a trade-off.

mGtuQtM.gif
mGtuQtM.gif
mGtuQtM.gif

77 pulls now still no Thelema.
I suggest only pulling when you have enough for the guarantee, which is bullshit in my opinion (around 70 would've highly likely netted you that S-rank, but now? I doubt it), the consensus seems to be that miHoYo changed the way how rates work as a lot were complaining about it. Most probably the reason why I needed 88 pulls to get Luna.

The real PROMARE collab, doesn't have a midriff and wears a full fucking suit. Thank Elysia. On the other hand, another S-Rank. They really aren't giving us breathing room, huh? Really squeezing us dry. Is it the end of saving patches? The only positive I see here is that I can finally catch up on SSS-ing my A-ranks. I just managed to SSS Jediseo today (April 29). I still need to get Coralie and Helia to SSS plus their weapons which costs *looks at shop* fucking 30K asters each for 1/4 of a part. My lord Jesus Christ.

How's everyone's Source Prism income/stash?
41. I'm too afraid to spend these shites. Plus, I lack Green Ether to craft anything. Unfortunately, I need the time structures for buying cubes.

Oh yeah... Also,
NtC6eiq.png

Quick upgrade? In this cube economy?

Goodbye to the final vestiges of what once was the birthday CGs as well. I slowly stopped reading those after it became just voiced letters though, can't even remember whose I last read (Elysia's a special case, not a regular letter, but I also consider it not the same as the original ones).
1HFilsG.gif
1HFilsG.gif
1HFilsG.gif

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2023
I remember it being focus of one conversation when they we're visiting the library in the last 10-20% of Act 2, after that I don't think they mention it that much in Act 3. But yeah, it was somewhat unclear.

The thing I understand is that the shadows/fear (I'm confused which to use) can manifest in different ways: monsters like in the Dream of Loss (apparently, the easiest to deal with), incurable plagues or the one that hit the Dreamseeker (I believe it's "Tainted by Dust", as outlined by the book). But from the looks of it we've only been informed of 3 (unless I forgot something). The book, Curse in the Shadows - Amber Street Great Panic, the one that leads to the convo in Act 2, outlines the 3 and Songque confirms 2 (Plagues and Monsters).

Last edited:

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
I vaguely remember someone talking about someone using the power of the "Ten Face of Misery" or something.
They introduce way too many new terms with just the first chapter of Part 2.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
So I do not really get how Mihoyo plans stuff, but the "epilogue" chapter of Thellemas story was just like... 10-15 minutes. Why didnt they just release it when they released the full chapter of her but you had to wait for 7.4 to finish it?

I dont think it was even called Epilogue, but Part 2...