Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
They want to tempt me but I feel bad. I already have a good Sparkle and Ruan Mei.
I think Boothill would be more interesting for my account... If only I knew about Robin before going for Sparkle..

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'm interested in rolling for both Robin and Topaz. I don't have any pity built up, but I do have over 200 tickets, so I guess I'll have to see how lucky I am since I can only guarantee one of them. The worst case is both of them needing 150-ish pulls to get, so I'm not expecting getting both of them in order to not be disappointed if I don't, especially since my luck has overall been higher than usual when I rolled for Acheron/Jingliu by winning the 50/50 twice in a row.

Between the two of them, I guess I'm leaning more towards Robin. I basically haven't built anyone that does physical damage aside from Hanya, so she'd be nice for that, especially since she ALSO seems to support follow-up attacks while not making it her whole personality like Topaz.

Topaz has that little bit of overworld utility with an extra bit of credits everyday, but considering I haven't done overworld farming for a while, I'm not sure how much use I'd get out of that these days. The Simulated Universe aspect got a lot less enticing now that Acheron trivializes regular SU runs. I also haven't built Ratio and I don't own Clara, so I don't have most of her best partners ready to use right now.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
should have been Serval instead

cv9ajwspgkxc1.png

Jun 17, 2023
Come on, guys. The child did nothing wrong. Yanqing is trying his best.

Looks like he finally found his calling, not combat, but music.

HaywireTomato

Dec 10, 2017
I'm interested in rolling for both Robin and Topaz. I don't have any pity built up, but I do have over 200 tickets, so I guess I'll have to see how lucky I am since I can only guarantee one of them. The worst case is both of them needing 150-ish pulls to get, so I'm not expecting getting both of them in order to not be disappointed if I don't, especially since my luck has overall been higher than usual when I rolled for Acheron/Jingliu by winning the 50/50 twice in a row.

Between the two of them, I guess I'm leaning more towards Robin. I basically haven't built anyone that does physical damage aside from Hanya, so she'd be nice for that, especially since she ALSO seems to support follow-up attacks while not making it her whole personality like Topaz.

Topaz has that little bit of overworld utility with an extra bit of credits everyday, but considering I haven't done overworld farming for a while, I'm not sure how much use I'd get out of that these days. The Simulated Universe aspect got a lot less enticing now that Acheron trivializes regular SU runs. I also haven't built Ratio and I don't own Clara, so I don't have most of her best partners ready to use right now.
E0S0 Topaz is an easy skip, just put Pela with Pearls and you get almost the same amount of dps increase. Topaz technique also does not work with Acheron's instant kill. If you get an early Robin, just save your pulls or if you still want to pull I rather you just pull on Robin's LC banner.

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
Oh, I just realized that Robin's LC gives 48% atk to the wearer, not the team. I think that translates into 12% atk for the team because of her ult. Not worth the jade when I have Bronya LC.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
iSummon did a comparison between Ruan Mei and Robin on FUA teams, and I'm pretty sure his calcs are completely wrong because he says Ruan Mei's 68% DMG is better than Robin's 50% DMG dealt.

That said, Hoyo needs to come up with a better term for that. HI3 uses "Total DMG" instead of "DMG dealt," which is much clearer, IMO.

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Welcome to my wororoldlld. Get ready to hear that in your nightmares.

iSummon did a comparison between Ruan Mei and Robin on FUA teams, and I'm pretty sure his calcs are completely wrong because he says Ruan Mei's 68% DMG is better than Robin's 50% DMG dealt.

That said, Hoyo needs to come up with a better term for that. HI3 uses "Total DMG" instead of "DMG dealt," which is much clearer, IMO.
Yeah since Ruan's buff is added to the pile on the formula before damage calcs.

They should be on par outside dots?

We really need a Marisa Honkai in HSR.

Last edited:

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018

These are referring to the same thing, no? They're both just adding onto your DMG% the same way an element orb would, so RM's is better if you ignore the rest of the kits.

Gotchaye

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that's the first I've heard of Robin multiplying total damage by 50%. When Acheron's Nihility trace did that it was a huge deal. I'd been reading Robin as just giving +50% damage to everyone just like any other source of Dmg%.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
Welcome to my wororoldlld. Get ready to hear that in your nightmares.

I'm already tired of it from the beta, and being able to disable it is an essential consideration for me.

These are referring to the same thing, no? They're both just adding onto your DMG% the same way an element orb would, so RM's is better if you ignore the rest of the kits.

Yeah that's the first I've heard of Robin multiplying total damage by 50%. When Acheron's Nihility trace did that it was a huge deal. I'd been reading Robin as just giving +50% damage to everyone just like any other source of Dmg%.

OK, so I asked Guoba in the comments of his video, and here's what he said:

DMG dealt, DMG = DMG Multiplier
DMG received, taken is vulnerability, separate modifier
Theyre not "after" the def calc, theyre all at once multiplying by each other
So 68% DMG from Ruan mei is a 18% bigger DMG buff than Robin, but not an 18% increase in strength

So I was wrong, sorry about that.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder how Robin's ult works in between multiple battles and between boss phases.

Do the advanced characters still get to act first? I assume she keeps up her song.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
I've mostly managed to avoid it, but the HSR shipping drama has spilled over into my Twitter timeline, and my general reaction is: what the fuck?

And I guess it managed to pull in Analesa Fisher, Firefly's VA, who is now taking a break from Twitter because of it.

And the HSR Reddit is now banning all discussion of characters' sexuality, etc.

And it goes without saying - fuck Tectone.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I've mostly managed to avoid it, but the HSR shipping drama has spilled over into my Twitter timeline, and my general reaction is: what the fuck?

And I guess it managed to pull in Analesa Fisher, Firefly's VA, who is now taking a break from Twitter because of it.

And the HSR Reddit is now banning all discussion of characters' sexuality, etc.

And it goes without saying - fuck Tectone.

what happened xD

Also, ships for characters in a game where there's like 0% romance - I don't get it.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019
what happened xD

Also, ships for characters in a game where there's like 0% romance - I don't get it.

I don't know the full story, but it seems like a major flashpoint was Tectone saying Robin was the most fuckable character in HSR, and also offending a lot of gay and queer fans.

And I guess I'm too old to get shipping at all, let alone invested enough in it to create dumb drama for other fans, let alone the game's VAs.

Wow, that's quite an extreme measure.

I don't disagree, but it just sounds like this has gotten completely out of control somehow and is shitting up everything else.

So maybe they'll allow it back after things cool down and people can act semi-normally?

GMegk2NW8AAQAC9

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2023
I'm gonna bet that's going to be permanent. Because it's going to happen again and again, and I don't think they like dealing with this shit as well.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
"Don't discuss sexuality" is almost always a measure to excuse homophobia or brush it under the rug so that's pretty sus to me. I've heard talk the main subreddit can be shitty when it comes to M/M content and it wouldn't surprise me considering how many horny waifu posts I've seen there.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
should have been Serval instead

cv9ajwspgkxc1.png
Serval is into rock/metal, no way she'd play elevator pop music. And it needs to be said, Yanqing hate is getting older than Blade, and I don't even care about Yanqing.

"Don't discuss sexuality" is almost always a measure to excuse homophobia or brush it under the rug so that's pretty sus to me. I've heard talk the main subreddit can be shitty when it comes to M/M content and it wouldn't surprise me considering how many horny waifu posts I've seen there.
I noticed that the HSR fanbase (gacha in general?) is weird about that waifu stuff. Reactions to that fox character being male by Acheron players were ... interesting lol.

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not surprised. The only shipping fanart to ever get banned is the m/m ones, while the f/f and m/f ones are left alone. It's always been highly suspicious, and the mods have been called out on it multiple times.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone didn't yet realize how big Star Rail and Hoyoverse games in general are...and entirely filled stadium! O:

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Did they play Wildfire yet?

It's hands down my favorite single piece of music in the last decade. Last time I got so many goosebumps during a single track was probably The Witcher 3.