• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Apr 24, 2024
I'm at 57 pity on Aventurine's banner after the 5 wishes, no pity. Ive decided that if it carries over to the new patch, I'll go until I get the 50/50 pull on Robin's banner. Win or lose, I'll save up until Fu Xuan 2nd half. I still have my $50 and $100 bonues if I'm feeling the urge to swipe. If I trigger the 50/50 pull before 2.2 then I won't wish on Robin's banner at all. I've got some decent supports with Bronya, Maki Itoh and Tingy, I have Geppy and March on the preservation side, but March seems best for G&G. I could probably use Fu Xuan. I don't know what Jade does but she's the only upcoming character I'm interested. I'm meh on Firefly but my oldest daughter LOVES her

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
What is the likelihood that Sizzling Thunder will ever be an ideal set for a character again? I've got some great pieces of the set, but it doesnt seem like anybody really favors them. Not sure If I should just toss them since they are taking up artifact space.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
What is the likelihood that Sizzling Thunder will ever be an ideal set for a character again? I've got some great pieces of the set, but it doesnt seem like anybody really favors them. Not sure If I should just toss them since they are taking up artifact space.

We never are going to really know until after the fact. It also doesn't help that some characters get passives that will greatly change stat priorities. Who wanted Salsotto Def spheres before Aventurine came along? Absolutely no one of course. It's probably not a terrible idea to just toss them if you can immediately make use of them or need room. Newer characters seem to gravitate towards newer sets?

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
always remember they gave you the best PF character for free. At E6 no less.

E5. I've seen others make the same claim that you did here, and it's just not true, at least not yet. Of course, after playing for a while, you're bound to get that one extra copy of her through the gacha.

Unless you're me.

I've been playing since early July of last year and have never gotten Herta in the gacha, so she's still E5 for me. I would love to max her out, but hey...

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Hm.

Braxophone's preview seems to indicate no way to turn off Robin's song without straight up muting your music entirely.

Skip seems more likely now.

edit: Also, another day with no usable quantum pieces, RIP.

I just want attack boots that roll into ANY crit more than once :(

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Robin's Ult should let you cycle through all her songs at least, instead of hearing the same song over and over.

I can't see that not getting annoying eventually.

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
E5. I've seen others make the same claim that you did here, and it's just not true, at least not yet. Of course, after playing for a while, you're bound to get that one extra copy of her through the gacha.

Unless you're me.

I've been playing since early July of last year and have never gotten Herta in the gacha, so she's still E5 for me. I would love to max her out, but hey...

damn i don't remember pulling her in the gacha at all but you're right. Kuru kuru the real exclusive e6 since shes never been on the rate up. I guess everyone will get it in the next su update at least.

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Hm.

Braxophone's preview seems to indicate no way to turn off Robin's song without straight up muting your music entirely.

With how they offered a toggle for Seele's ult long after the fact, I think the precedent is there for them to offer something similar.

Similar situation in that it's something you would think would be clearly annoying over a long period in testing, like Seele's eye assault, that might get addressed when people complain.

Then again, the singing is so intrinsic for her identity that the best they might do is offer different songs like Kernel suggested.

Frozy

Oct 27, 2017
Hm.

edit: Also, another day with no usable quantum pieces, RIP.

I just want attack boots that roll into ANY crit more than once :(

I am sure they'll add a toggle after waves of complaints in 2.2
Problem is, they'll only fix it after the banner is gone, and this issue can affect players' pull decisions.

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
I'm getting a little weary of all the hyped units back to back so I'm getting cold feet on pulling at all. Unfortunately Robin's song not having a toggle is a bit of a dealbreaker for me too and it feels like there's so many good Harmony units all the time that another one could be around the corner in three months.

billyofcourse

Jun 21, 2018
I'm sorry y'all but I can't for the life of me imagine passing on a dope unit that I otherwise like because her ult changes the battle music.

I think there's a lot of other good reasons not to pull on her(don't like her, don't need her, saving for other characters) but this one is just wild to me.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
We still don't have DoT dedicated harmony unit, while RM is amazing for DoT it's more because her kit is so universal that she fits in pretty much every party than her being designed with DoT in mind.

Like Robin is clearly designed for FUA even if her buffs are also very universal.

Blank

Oct 27, 2017

A great sizzling set is better than an okay follow-up or dot set for jingyung or Kafka. A 2 piece 2 piece also very viable if the subs are good.

Stats over set bonuses.

Baha

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got Yanqinged while using my monthly passes on the JL banner. I understand he's actually not that bad now with Aventurine so I'll probably build him....maybe. Got my Guarantee for Sam or Jade now at least.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Then again, the singing is so intrinsic for her identity that the best they might do is offer different songs like @Kernel suggested.

Or let you play an instrumental version instead.

A bunch of things they can do.

Her singing is instrinsic to the character and it's a clever idea but it's going to get old after a while.

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
Finally, my Aventurine's spd would be the same number as his height.
He could take 3 actions within 1 turn with E2 Robin!
At the price of losing of 30%CR

VQJT0yI.png

It is just a meme build

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I'm sorry y'all but I can't for the life of me imagine passing on a dope unit that I otherwise like because her ult changes the battle music.

I think there's a lot of other good reasons not to pull on her(don't like her, don't need her, saving for other characters) but this one is just wild to me.
Music is a big deal for some people. I'm getting her but I feel there should be a toggle option accessible in battle so I can choose when I want her singing to butt in. I'm certainly never going to include her for story progression because of it.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Finally rolled that double crit head piece i got the other day for Jingliu and of course it avoided CD% but went into speed and CR%. The stat it unlocked was flat ATK.

46ldbOw.png

I think Jingliu is good enough like this.

I mentioned it but standard gave me another Clara LC
lUSR7fW.png

Dunno if someone else really wants it so I feel like superimposing it. I would have preferred E1 Clara or Gepard's LC.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Robin's Ult should let you cycle through all her songs at least, instead of hearing the same song over and over.

I can't see that not getting annoying eventually.

Yeah, I'd take being able to switch songs at the very least....But I imagine there's some 'timing' to the song itself that works with her ult or w/e?

We still don't have DoT dedicated harmony unit, while RM is amazing for DoT it's more because her kit is so universal that she fits in pretty much every party than her being designed with DoT in mind.

Like Robin is clearly designed for FUA even if her buffs are also very universal.

Ruan Mei already otherwise gives:
-'permanent' speed increase
-Bigger Break dots
-Weakness break boost --> enemy turn 'delay' more quickly, but they still take dot damage first, potentially saving you from running a sustain (in some fights, at least)
-damage% boost

Robin already gives
- 100% Turn advance + 'free' support damage a la Tingyun benediction
-damage% boost (bigger than Ruan Mei's) AND Attack% boost (scaling off Robin's attack)
-technically more follow up damage for Kafka (lol)
-Crit damage (for Kafka's occasional crits, idk, lol)

With the way harmony units are being power-crept, the theoretical nihility harmony would have to give some form of either/both:
- a good dot of their own (bleed or burn, likely, since we have elec and wind element already),
-some 'mini' detonation of current dots or amplifying existing DoTs.

plus the 'traditional' 5* limited harmony combination of damage or attack% boost, plus some form of speed boost to make them still somewhat universally relevant (since they likely won't be giving crit.....unless they go CRAZY and make DoTs able to crit, but only if the new harmony unit is present or something, idk)

IMO they give us a (probably fire) 5* nihility/abundance combo to replace Huohuo before a 'dedicated' 5* Nihility-based harmony.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017

Pleasing aesthetics matter to a lot of people, sound is just another one alongside visuals. There are already multiple top tier Harmony units and a finite amount of room in parties so these relatively minor things might be the only deciding factor. RM/Sparkle/Bronya/Tingyun/Asta aren't slouching and more are always, always otw.

And yes, her overwriting Pencony's absolutely banger OST with no toggle option is going to matter to me too. Pulls are limited and more units to tempt me are always coming, I can safely skip her.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Damn My characters are shiiiiiiittt according to these scores.

Good thing I can still full clear everything. My only S rank characters are Topaz, Gallagher and Himeko LMAO

image.png

Triggs

May 3, 2019
I'm pretty much always running calyxes/caverns/whatever auto on my phone with the sound off, so I'd only be hearing robins song like a few times a week for MoC, PF and maybe some SU runs? Doesn't seem like a huge deal

Besides if it's anything like repetitive vocal battle music in the persona series, at some point it will get annoying and then at some later point it will wrap back around to being enjoyable again.

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
Robin being Harmony is precisely why I can feel comfortable skipping her for petty reasons given the state of Harmony units tbh. I don't feel pressured to have every single unit in the game for many reasons and other good units will come.

We already have another strong Harmony unit in the way after Ruan Mei after all.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Took my 10 passes to Belobog and had Seele stand next to Bronya in her office. Hit pity on standard, but it was ineffective - E1 Himeko. Not mad about the fire queen and Express mom getting stronger though.

Then I finally hit 300 and chose Bronya so she came home to Seele anyway! My first harmony 5 star. Don't have her 5 star LC but I had a lovely S3 Memories of the Past ready for her so that's nice. Only bad thing is now she's gonna take all my resources building her right before Robin shows up.

Now the only standard 5 stars I don't have are Clara, Yanqing, and Bailu... which is fine since they're my least favorite. Though I wouldn't mind getting one of each eventually.

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Just want to bellyache a bit about the recent banners. Touched on it before but last I'll say about it… maybe.

I'm actually pro-powercreep, at least this game's approach. I like there always being someone strong around the corner provided the E0 characters I already have still have no issues clearing anything. As someone who doesn't have superhuman Chrono levels of patience to save and hyper invest in someone far away, it suits me to frequently have someone cool to build.

But when you have characters releasing back to back to form the "complete" version of the team like the FUA team, then it kinda sucks to be missing a piece.

It's kind of a selfish complaint because I had to skip Topaz the first time around so it stings a bit more having her rerun beside Aventurine and Robin.

As someone who can more or less get every second character with just express+BP, it suited me having Black Swan running so long after Kafka. I do realise PS players didn't get that luxury. However the DoT team still performs fantastic Black Swanless. Maybe FUA will be the same with all the E0S0 Topaz shit talking I see.

…I should just skip all this FUA nonsense and go balls out on Sam.

But I want to build SOMEONE over the next 6 weeks. After Gallagher the goat, I don't have anyone to work on.

TLDR: I preach about it being fine to not get every character but want to whine when there's a string of ones I'd like.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Just want to bellyache a bit about the recent banners. Touched on it before but last I'll say about it… maybe.

I'm actually pro-powercreep, at least this game's approach. I like there always being someone strong around the corner provided the E0 characters I already have still have no issues clearing anything. As someone who doesn't have superhuman Chrono levels of patience to save and hyper invest in someone far away, it suits me to frequently have someone cool to build.

But when you have characters releasing back to back to form the "complete" version of the team like the FUA team, then it kinda sucks to be missing a piece.

It's kind of a selfish complaint because I had to skip Topaz the first time around so it stings a bit more having her rerun beside Aventurine and Robin.

As someone who can more or less get every second character with just express+BP, it suited me having Black Swan running so long after Kafka. I do realise PS players didn't get that luxury. However the DoT team still performs fantastic Black Swanless. Maybe FUA will be the same with all the E0S0 Topaz shit talking I see.

…I should just skip all this FUA nonsense and go balls out on Sam.

But I want to build SOMEONE over the next 6 weeks. After Gallagher the goat, I don't have anyone to work on.

TLDR: I preach about it being fine to not get every character but want to whine when there's a string of ones I'd like.
Yeah, the way they're handling the FUA character releases is kind of frustrating, and I say that as someone who's not going for that specific team. When they continually release characters that work well together back-to-back, it really fosters that "FOMO" mentality since we're not sure how long it'll even take for re-runs. Look at how long it took for Fu Xuan to get her return banner. If players building that FUA team don't pull for Aventurine/Robin/Jade now (and Topaz, if you don't have her), there's no telling when you'll get your second chance. This isn't even taking into account multiple eidolon and/or their signature LC.

It was posted a while back, but honestly the relentless banner pace for FUA characters would have me second-guessing building that team and all and encourage me to ignore and go for someone else (i.e., a Sam team). Of course if that's your preferred team then by all means go for it, but it really doesn't sound like a fun (or inexpensive) experience. :(

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Am I crazy or is Gepard's LC better than Aventurine's own LC for him :p

It's certainly his second best option, but Aventurine's LC is perma 40% def rather than 24 + 24 if hit (so more reliable 'full' crit rate boost) and the EHR is useless on him compared to giving the other members of the follow-up team more crit damage + damage amp.

The taunt value is nice, sure, but Aventurine gives shields to the whole team already (without needing energy from getting hit like Gepard does), it's not AS critical, IMO, and his personal damage isn't really good enough to justify him getting hit more often to generate more blind bet stacks, all things considered.

IF you don't have his cone and DO have Gepard's, I'd certainly use it for him, though.

It was posted a while back, but honestly the relentless banner pace for FUA characters would have me second-guessing building that team and all and encourage me to ignore and go for someone else (i.e., a Sam team). Of course if that's your preferred team then by all means go for it, but it really doesn't sound like a fun (or inexpensive) experience. :(

It also makes it tricky to know if you'll 'like' the "FULL" playstyle or not, since key parts to improving it (Topaz, and now Aventurine) come out at way different times.

Follow up is probably my least favorite archetype so far (compared to DOT or Hypercarry/Dual Carry), and while the game has been ranging from okay-good in finding 'homes' in a generalist sense (at least for Aventurine, and arguably Topaz), while I don't....regret pulling Topaz, per se, she/Ratio are probably the characters I use least among 5*.

Maybe that'll change with the new Hunt-style MoC boss rush, but....idk.

Last edited:

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
Took my 10 passes to Belobog and had Seele stand next to Bronya in her office. Hit pity on standard, but it was ineffective - E1 Himeko. Not mad about the fire queen and Express mom getting stronger though.

Then I finally hit 300 and chose Bronya so she came home to Seele anyway! My first harmony 5 star. Don't have her 5 star LC but I had a lovely S3 Memories of the Past ready for her so that's nice. Only bad thing is now she's gonna take all my resources building her right before Robin shows up.

Now the only standard 5 stars I don't have are Clara, Yanqing, and Bailu... which is fine since they're my least favorite. Though I wouldn't mind getting one of each eventually.
Memories of the past is mostly useless on her (she doesn't use break effect in any capacity). Past and Future, which is the light cone you get at the Forgotten Hall shop, is miles ahead

Triggs

May 3, 2019
I get where people are coming from but on some level I kind of have the opposite take on the FUA stuff. I have just picked up Aventurine and plan to get Robin, but have zero interest in getting Topaz. But I can still make a great team without her because there are so many good FUA units or enablers.

On the other hand, I never pulled Kafka so DoT just feels completely inaccessible to me without her. I kind of wish they would release a bunch more strong DoT characters like they have with FUA so it wouldn't feel like the play style is so dependent on one particular character.

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
Am I crazy or is Gepard's LC better than Aventurine's own LC for him :p
Most of his signature lc benefits:
(1)Apply negative effect quicker, to better synergy Dr Ratio/Acheron, otherwise he could only apply negative effect on his ult on single target or his E2. 10% more damage received from enemy is closer to Welt's trace on ult.
(2)His signature lc has highest base stats on DEF and makes him easier to build around. You could pick one among CD chest/Imaginary ball/ERR rope
(3)He generally wants allies to get hit so allies could gain some energy.
Gepad's LC is still pretty good.
I would say Fu Xuan's signature still the best limit sustain signature lc.

Bronya could use Past and Future free lc from the store. Memory of the past would be pretty good on incoming harmony mc. Robin would also have a free S5 event lc coming in 2.2.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017

Robin's Ult inflicts a DoT on your eardrums.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still on the fence this next set of banners.

I have Ratio and Adventurine in terms of the prime FUA units but Ratio isn't really built yet.

Both Robin and Boothill are cool but I feel okay on DPS right now? I am tempted to pull for Fu Xuan I'll admit.

But then I really do want the first banner unit for 2.3 even if I'm not sure on the exact gameplay there yet.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
It's currently really hard to decide who to pull.
I have a little over 2 and a half guarantees in the bank.
Those are for Sam and Jade.
Was initially planning to grab Topaz on a rerun but that doesn't seem to be worth it anymore. I feel like Robin would be a better choice, but also worst case I could run empty after 2.3 and I don't like that in case they drop another unit I really want out of nowhere (like random Constance drip marketing)...
I think I'll have to play though the 2.2 story first to see if that significantly changes how I feel about certain characters (like Aventurine) before making a decision.

Kensuke

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Man, what is going on with Pure Fiction. I know they buffed HP but my decently built Himeko-Herta team doesn't even make a dent anymore. I'm only getting 13k points in the first part of Stage IV, it's ridiculous. What buff effect are you guys using for Stage 4?

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Memories of the past is mostly useless on her (she doesn't use break effect in any capacity). Past and Future, which is the light cone you get at the Forgotten Hall shop, is miles ahead
Yeah I checked on prydwen afterward and was disappointed to see it not even listed among her best LC options lol... Cocolia's curse rip.

I fear I might still have no choice but use it on her though 'til I get her 5* LC randomly someday because cute character-relevant art >>> meta. :p

Bronya could use Past and Future free lc from the store. Memory of the past would be pretty good on incoming harmony mc. Robin would also have a free S5 event lc coming in 2.2.
It belongs to Yukong though even though I don't really use her... ;_;

Yeah definitely gonna need that event LC for Robin.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I know Bronya is still great but I haven't used her since I got Sparkle, those extra skill points are something I can't live without now.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
I get where people are coming from but on some level I kind of have the opposite take on the FUA stuff. I have just picked up Aventurine and plan to get Robin, but have zero interest in getting Topaz. But I can still make a great team without her because there are so many good FUA units or enablers.

On the other hand, I never pulled Kafka so DoT just feels completely inaccessible to me without her. I kind of wish they would release a bunch more strong DoT characters like they have with FUA so it wouldn't feel like the play style is so dependent on one particular character.

I have been on the FUA train since literally Day 1 (Clara was my guaranteed 5* lol) and targeted JY, Topaz, even Kafka over time. There's a lot of variability with FUA especially now that Himeko and Herta are rocking PF and everyone got Ratio. There are definitely some characters that work better together than others (JY REALLY likes Sparkle, Ratio REALLY likes Topaz with her LC or Pela), but I just 12/12'd PF earlier with my trusty DoT squad on one side and Clara and JY with support (I'm still F2P!) on the other side so there's multiple options.

Robin and Jade will hopefully be great for people who want them but I'm going to go out on a limb and assume they are not going to be necessary to clear anything, same as any particular character now.

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Man, what is going on with Pure Fiction. I know they buffed HP but my decently built Himeko-Herta team doesn't even make a dent anymore. I'm only getting 13k points in the first part of Stage IV, it's ridiculous. What buff effect are you guys using for Stage 4?

the energy buff for herta/himeko. Depends what your other team is, but if it has no fua characters pick the one that coverts damage to count for the stage buff.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
Yeah I checked on prydwen afterward and was disappointed to see it not even listed among her best LC options lol... Cocolia's curse rip.

I fear I might still have no choice but use it on her though 'til I get her 5* LC randomly someday because cute character-relevant art >>> meta. :p
Fair, although I feel like HSR doesn't suffer the same "problem" as Genshin as the light cones don't change the appearance of the weapons, so I would never "associate" LC to pgs simply because you don't see them unless you go to the menu.
That said, Memories of the Past is not totally wasted on her, since at least you get 6 energy at every basic atk I suppose.