• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
time for me to go back to Harmony calyx and finish Bronya traces.
WIyJlYE.png

Maybe give some to Tingyun too. Don't think ill go 160+ speed Bronya.

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I'm lazy and don't want to wade through AI articles or look for specific reddit help.

Could somebody nice tell me how to unlock the Erudition part for the rest of SU?

I've done a ton of G&G, even cleared all of the conundrum levels save the last one. Think I unlocked all the dice faces too.

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
I'm lazy and don't want to wade through AI articles or look for specific reddit help.

Could somebody nice tell me how to unlock the Erudition part for the rest of SU?

I've done a ton of G&G, even cleared all of the conundrum levels save the last one. Think I unlocked all the dice faces too.
you have to unlock all the secrets in G&G

Baha

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

You need to unlock all the secret paths in G&G, hit every required Intra-Cognition range for each plane. Doing so will unlock the final story portion which will unlock the Erudition path.

matthews

Dec 25, 2017
I feel like I've gotten decision paralysis regarding what to do going forward in this game. I have too many options and I am second guessing some of them

1) Build Gallagher?

Right now with Acheron my team is Pela, Bronya, Aventurine. It works but I really want a team that lets me use the trailblazer, and Acheron enables them pretty well.

But I don't think TB can sustain by themselves. Which is why I am thinking of building Gallagher and maybe running Acheron, Swan, TB and Gallagher. I have some really good relics for him, but would still need to farm for chest piece and boots.

2) 160 Speed Bronya

I can technically get there, but I like how speed matching feels. Dunno what the pros and cons of hyper speed vs speed matching are

3) Topaz E1S1?

After my testing yesterday, the FU team works, but I still feel despite all the work and resources I put into making that team, it's still performing slightly below par to my dot team. I know Topaz e1s1 is a huge boost to her, but my frustration is that without them she doesn't feel good to use. I don't like the idea of getting a signature and eidolon to make a character feel good to use, when they should feel good at E0. So debating on whether or not to even pull, let alone pulling for Robin.

4) Fu Xuan?

I like Fu Xuan as a character and have been waiting for her to rerun so I can get her… but with Aventurine being a strong sustain don't know if I need her anymore. Still I think she sounds like an evergreen character so just having her would be good. But if she is running next month when I am debating on Topaz and Robin I am gonna have to spend money and I would prefer if I don't .
Assuming your Acheron is E2+, Topaz E1S1 is probably about equal to Bronya when using Aventurine.
The best released character at E0 that will upgrade your team is probably Sparkle.

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
Whom should I trust?
oUhWY4Y.png

aCLwWVL.png
Break effect is almost useless on Pela.
Her stars priority should be ERR(70%)>SPD(at least >135, as fast as possible)
Only characters we know now that need break effect would be Xueyi, RuanMei, Gallagher and future Sam/Boothill.
That hat and er rope would be insane on RuanMei/Gallagher

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
76 pity on the standard banner, its about to pop soon. Im ok with mostly everything, except Yanqing. Though id ideally get Bronya or her LC.

Oct 25, 2017
Was reconsidering Aventurine because of Reese doom posting before people in the thread told me they doompost all the time before getting this revelation

cover1.jpg

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I'm too stupid for follow up teams
Tried that Topaz/Ratio/Aventurine team in the event and have no idea why anything is happening or not happening other than Aventurine's stacks triggering one

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Can we start doomposting Sam? I want them to be as good as they can be, so the earlier we start the better.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
I will doompost Sam even though I'm not planning on pulling. 🫡 Return the favor for Jiaoqiu.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Got another multi after a few hours farming, only got Luka, sad but oh well there's still hope until the banner leaves

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Will cross the 300-pull mark in the coming week or so. The Firefly fund is strong. Still got the latest event to go at too.

Neghis

Dec 29, 2022
Been saving for Sam but just noticed I'm using the SU LC for Fu Xuan and never got her Signature.
It seems like a pretty good upgrade, thoughts people?

No Game

I don't care if Topaz, Aventurine, Dr. Ratio and Clara is the most fun I have had in this game, I won't pull for Aventurine.

I know the new battle event is no real modes performance.

I won't pull.
:puffingemoji

Been saving for Sam but just noticed I'm using the SU LC for Fu Xuan and never got her Signature.

It gives you a cure so it rounds her kit as support

billyofcourse

Jun 21, 2018
just did a swarm disaster run on preservation path with aventurine. Once the shields get built they just never drop. it's absolute insanity. Full immortality XD

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
I got Aventurine!! All or nothing was no joke since I had to give him everything I had. I'm glad I'm coming out of these patches with Luocha and Aventurine like I hoped!

I may try for his LC to help him out a little, we'll see. I think I will just focus on saving for 2.3 and beyond now. I really want Sunday no matter what element he ends up being (let's retire Imaginary a bit please), Jiaoqiu and Jade. I want Boothill too but I feel like I can live without him.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019

Her LC is very good, but I don't think it's really worth the jade. It gives you more HP, but also lets you run an HP rope instead of an ERR rope. So big upgrades on her healing, but I've never felt I've needed it.

The SU LC is great for her, as is Landau's Choice, and Gepard's. And Landau's and Gepard's effectively give you energy, because of the increased taunt on them.

If you wanted to invest in her more, I personally think her E1 is probably the better choice, jade-wise. And you can save up for Gepard's LC with Starlight.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Sam? More like spam. They'll be lucky if they manage a better meal than that canned faux meat.

Jiaoqui? 3* Pela at their best and eidolon levels for Pela are so much easier to get. Bottom-tier support character. Foxes are supposed to bring you luck, but the only thing you'll get here are their droppings.

Jade? Sure she has a nice hat but that's all she has going for her. The only Jade she'll be seeing with her banner release are the majority of players hoarding theirs for a much better character.

Am I doing the doomposting correctly?

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So what makes Fu bad at SU? It's not really an issue for me since I can always just run Gepard or HuoHuo there, or both for the harder stuff there if they add any more at some point, just kinda curious since she's basically my main target atm. I may drop a few into Firefly though but Fu is the only one I've got as a must pull atm and I wanna be sure that's not the wrong choice

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So what makes Fu bad at SU? It's not really an issue for me since I can always just run Gepard or HuoHuo there, or both for the harder stuff there if they add any more at some point, just kinda curious since she's basically my main target atm. I may drop a few into Firefly though but Fu is the only one I've got as a must pull atm and I wanna be sure that's not the wrong choice
Simulated Universe? Nothing really, the difficulty there isn't an issue.

In the highest difficulty of Swarm/Gold & Gears though, the enemies hit so hard and via AOE, so if you don't have her built strong enough (either with blessings or relics) she can be potentially one-shot if her HP is already low (but not low enough to trigger her heal). I've done everything up to the fifth level with her though, and haven't had an issue with her dying. This includes all weekly bosses too.

BeefTengoku

Jul 9, 2019

First, they're talking about the SU expansions, not base SU. She's great in that.

But in Difficulty V of the SU campaigns, she basically dies instantly, because the Preservation path is all about shields, which she doesn't have. And the Destruction blessing that splits all damage actually makes her even worse, hilariously enough.

I could potentially see her working with Brain in a Vat and the Blessing that blasts healing to all party members, but that's an awfully specific build compared to the Preservation path with Gepard or Aventurine, where they just stack up massive shields that also turn into massive Quake damage.

billyofcourse

Jun 21, 2018
just went started going through gold and gears at the higher difficulties for the first time and again aventurine and preservation path is absolutely busted. I think after i'd gotten 4-5 blessings my characters never lost a single health point the entire run.

Aventurine has basically transformed my account.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ah fair enough, yeah that makes sense. She's probably still gonna be my next main target then. I've taken care of the SU expansions other than three occurrences I haven't tracked down and if anything it's MoC and PF where I could use improvement. Geppy and HH managed to take carry the harder SU expansions either with preservation or remembrance thanks to how broken Fuli can be. Oddly the latter one actually ended up working out better for me than just relying on the bulky shields in the end iirc

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest

Her usage is just different to others.

At a very base level Fu will still give you some crit rate which is really nice but when in SU, blessings more than make up for it usually.

In terms of defense/sustain. Fu is still very strong but some big aoe can get through it all. The way it works is that Fuxuan decreases the damage received by a %. However she also takes damage on behalf of her allies. This means while the damage is reduced, she takes extra damage that was soaked from allies during aoe. She does have a self heal when low in HP and it is quite strong but if the enemy's aoe is strong enough or she gets CC'd and can't use the heal then she is going to die.

Gepard's shields are very strong this is his forte. Every character has their own shield when Gepard activates his ultimate however the shield lasts only a few turns for each character while Fu's field lasts a number of Fu's turns. This means if you do crazy speed and turn advance shenanigans which can get really crazy in SU, Fu's field doesn't need to be applied as regularly as Gepard's shield. As an example, if you just got Geppy's shield and did Jingliu, Bronya boost, Jingliu (activating her special to get yet another turn), Jingliu, this finishes with Jing without barrier any longer. Similar to Seele > Resurgence >Seele Ulti > Resurgence will rapidly deplete the duration of the barrier's uptime. Focused single target hits on a single unit can also sometimes get through Gepard's shields but that one is a bit more RNGish.

It is more like flavour and how to build the team to work well with it imo. Certainly some teams/mechanics works better in some areas than others.

Edit. Also neither Fu's field nor Geppy's shield will prevent you from getting Memory Zone Meme'd. However the field remains active even when Fu is cacooned by the meme and Geppy's shield will also be active if already placed but I found field to be a bit better if you run faster characters for the reasons of shields expiring as noted above. Fu does sometimes want to renew the field to activate the one time CC deny but this seems less important in the grand scheme of things. It doesn't cleanse.

Last edited:

HaywireTomato

Dec 10, 2017
Lol is Aventurine so good in SU that he can ignore bad blessing rng and still clear Conundrum 12 every single time? Blessings is what matters the most anyway and Fu Xuan is more than capable of protecting the whole team while being immortal.
NhMhWX8.jpeg

In one of my runs she was shielded for her entire hp constantly which is ridiculous considering that all the shields were generated via blessings.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Lol is Aventurine so good in SU that he can ignore bad blessing rng and still clear Conundrum 12 every single time? Blessings is what matters the most anyway and Fu Xuan is more than capable of protecting the whole team while being immortal.
NhMhWX8.jpeg

In one of my runs she was shielded for her entire hp constantly which is ridiculous considering that all the shields were generated via blessings.

This is pretty true for SU expansions but being at the mercy of blessings can be frustrating and learning the paths/cards thing in the expansions can also be a bit tedious. I can certainly understand why some people want a solution that just works well most of the time. I cleared recently cleared a run of it with fire mc using trend for acheron. Not my first pick but the blessings aligned nicely enough that I thought I'd try it and it worked well enough that I kept it up to the end.

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
image.png

I guess my Aventurine is pretty much done, the only things left to improve are the boots (lol good luck) and the orb (lmao).

Hilariously enough, I crafted like 9 helmets, and 3 of them ended up with double crit... Of course I get the godly rolls on the ultra niche stuff. My Aventurine is by far my most busted character in terms of gear strength.

HaywireTomato

Dec 10, 2017
Latest beta update buffed enemy HP in MoC 11/12. Gepard boss went from 550k hp to over 1 million hp now lol. He must be upset that Aventurine came out and people are benching him.

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
Decided to go on a Borehole run with Aventurine that was 40% necessity and 60% spite and it was a really smooth experience. I went with IL/Aventurine/Pela/Luocha but that was too safe - I don't think IL is the best option for this fight exactly compared to Argenti, but I'm comfortable with the fight's difficulty that I can get away with a less perfect DPS option like this. I will probably try with Argenti/Aventurine/Pela/Tingyun to compare later on or finally level Clara to replace Argenti.

Berkut

Oct 25, 2017
Got Aventurine to e2. The question is should I go for e4 (and eventually e6). Or should I get e1s1 topaz.