Jeremiah

Oct 25, 2017
'I put that shit on everything' -- Ethel

Current Arsenal:

Lucky Dog, Black Label Extra Hot
Spice Level: 9/10

Goes well with just about everything I eat. They shine and elevate your omelette game. Made using Trinidad Moruga Scorpion peppers. Spicy as hell and unique flavor.
09-14-17-10_1024x1024.jpg

Sambal ABC Original
Spice Level: 5/10

This hot sauce right here was made for fried chicken. It's also godly with fried food. Mild spice, with a hint of sweetness to it.

What's your pain of choice?

in.

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
El Yucateco Black label is good, good stuff. Smokey, but not too smokey, and lots of heat.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I'll put it on some things but don't give me that stuff that makes me guzzle milk afterwards.

SturokBGD

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
It drives my wife nuts that I put hot sauce on almost everything. I'm anosmic - I have no sense of smell so can only "taste" 15-20% of what I'm eating - hot sauce literally changed my life.

Gerhalt

Oct 27, 2017
I always buy a diff hot sauce when I run out to try em all and this is what I'm on now...it's good but I feel like I should have got the spicier black label version. This one tastes great but it's not that hot. It's reminiscent of taco bell's hot sauce to me, which was always good.
Totally. The stuff is good tasting but not very spicy. It's great for adding some punch of flavor without increasing the heat which is good sometimes. I have also never had the hotter version, I bet it's great.

Oct 27, 2017
I switch back and forth between my shakers of assorted dehydrated chili peppers and hot sauces -- sometimes both.

Am really liking Tabasco Habanero lately. It's sweeter, hotter, and has a little less of the usual tabasco aged pepper funk.

El Yucateco green is also my jam.

Last edited:

frankenstrat

Oct 27, 2017
Secret Aardvark is my absolute favorite. Not incredibly spicy, but it's so tasty that I wind up using it like ketchup and can go through 1/5 of a bottle in one sitting.

V07

Nov 1, 2017
Tapatío and Valentina is all I need for my food. I also prefer Siracha for my chines food.

Baka Sempai

Oct 30, 2017
I know there's a lot of cholula/valentina sauce fans in this thread,... so let me simply recommend the following...
(miles away from both of these, and not even on the same league as tapatio)

85990981-8da9-4c73-8550-cf3f714d3c6b_1.b64af1039cae0b6f3950497ea89bb682.jpeg

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
America has such a broad and sophisticated palate, with so many different cuisines developing and growing from their countries of origin and merging in a uniquely American culinary culture.

And then we have Americans who won't eat pizza without a dipping sauce, and even those who won't eat anything at all without first dousing it with some spicy liquid from a bottle.

Hambulance

Oct 30, 2017
I'm a pleb and Sriracha is awesome to me.

I got this the other day, it's not very hot but has a nice taste.
EX1-36.jpg

Any other NZ folk know where I can get some good shit relatively cheap?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Cholula is my favorite sauce, it's so tasty.

They've got a good variety of flavors, too.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017

I bought the Chili Garlic version not too long ago.... Not a fan. The taste is... Something I'm not accustomed to for some odd reason :/

I've, since getting a steady source of income again, been trying to buy different kinds of hot sauce whenever I go to the grocery stores around me.

Bought this about a week ago:
5883_1678_thumb.jpg

It's okay. Spice levels are around a 6-7 for me.

Deleted member 30411

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
41oKQoIN6NL.jpg

I love regular ass hot sauce (but I will fuck with ring stinger curries hard) but I dipped a long ass fry into this stuff recently to test the water. The thing was 80% covered. 200k SHU didn't seem too bad until I ate it. 15 minutes of wet eyes and the ultimate duckface ensued. Just waiting until I forget the pain it brought so I can make wings with it. Don't hit it straight out the bottle for real. BBQ sauce my ass.

Used to have a whole cupboard full of hot sauce at one time. "One Fuckin' Drop" was serious. 500k or so. There's a reason that stuff has a pipette with it. I exceeded the one drop warning.... Don't do that. Also don't jerk off thinking that it'll take your mind off it. Had my knob dipped in a glass of milk for a long time.

How they deal with the spices on Hot Ones is beyond me. Sean Evans is a monster.

Edwardo

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
I used to love hot sauce. The spicier the better.

But now all I have is Sriracha or Frank's red hot. I don't like the taste of anything else and it makes me sweat.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm all about that Caribbean style. Scotch bonnets and Trinidad scorpions have the perfect blend of heat and flavor IMO. Matouk's line up is pretty solid across the board. One of my favorites is the Soca:

1436MS-2T.jpg

Timedog

Oct 29, 2017
Last night I put Louisiana (for vinegar kick, not heat), and Dave's Total Insanity on some rice. It was killing me but I was feeling bold, so I poured a bunch of Dave's Ghost Pepper sauce (150k scovilles, I think?) over it. My mouth was burning for an hour.

Would definitely not recommend Dave's Total Insanity, tastes like garbage. The Dave's Ghost Pepper sauce is kinda legit though.

Love El Yucateco, but haven't tried the black label yet.