• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I really want to try Pirate's Lantern, but it's $10 for 5oz and I can see me using that bottle up quick.

51ANhyzOJqL._SY679_.jpg

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
If you're looking for a pepper sauce, Baron's West Indian is my personal go-to. It's got some heat to it which is great and reminds me of when my mom used to make pepper sauce.
Sounds amazing, but the closest store that sells it is more than an hour away. I could get it from Amazon, but I'm always weary about ordering glass bottles through the mail.

---

I've finally bought a bottle of Valentina's and I think it might be favorite thing ever. I grew up on Frank's and Louisiana and it's nice to have something with a little flavor.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I like spicy stuff, but the hot sauce speciality shops products that are extra hot just burn and give me the shits.

PaJeppy

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Been on a bit of a hot sauce thing lately.

Ordered maddog 357 reaper sriracha. Like it. Bit on the sweet side for me but still good. Good amount of heat

Got Blair's mega death sauce in the mail last week. Taken me the whole week to get kind of used to the heat. Enjoying it.

I'm on a mail list for the last dab. Can't find it in stock anywhere.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Been on a bit of a hot sauce thing lately.

Ordered maddog 357 reaper sriracha. Like it. Bit on the sweet side for me but still good. Good amount of heat

Got Blair's mega death sauce in the mail last week. Taken me the whole week to get kind of used to the heat. Enjoying it.

I'm on a mail list for the last dab. Can't find it in stock anywhere.
Chase the Dragon, man.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
What hot sauces would you guys recommend for someone who loves hot sauce, but hates tabasco (I guess super vinegar-y sauces)? I've been using La Preferida Louisiana style hot sauce as of late, but before then was going through a bottle of Valentina. I love the spicy El Yucateco sauces, but haven't eaten them in years because my girlfriend frowned on it after I sent her that link about the lead levels in some of their sauces. I like hot sauce, but don't really have a go-to brand, I guess.

Tapatio's cool. I only use sriracha when eating fried rice. I'm fine with Cholula, but never found it all that amazing.

On the Heatonist website, are there any bottles that people seem to generally love across the board? I don't care so much whether it's spicy or not, as long as the flavors are good.

Oct 27, 2017
What hot sauces would you guys recommend for someone who loves hot sauce, but hates tabasco (I guess super vinegar-y sauces)?
All the ones you've listed are kind of similar -- so how about trying a new style, like a pickled scotch bonnet sauce? These tend to pack more heat and are much more flavorful (IMO). Matouk's is my go-to brand here.