• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
I believe in these guys. They have made two of my favorite games of all time. Hopefully their gameplay magic translates to AAA.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Stormdivers getting shelved is IMO a good thing, since it was the most blatant non-starter I've seen in a while. Hopefully their other projects go well.

Rock Howard

Oct 28, 2017
An amazing studio with nearly flawless track record. I hope they have something in store for PS5's launch ...like they had with Resogun.

Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Whatever it is, I hope it has more character than Stormdivers seemed to. Their track record is excellent, but those comments they made a while back about arcade style games being dead and multiplayer being the future makes me wary. Hopefully a big partner mitigating the risk makes them more likely to go back to their older style.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Going by the article sounds like itll release not long after the announcement too.
I smell a console launch title.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Glad the MP BR game is on ice, and hoping the new game is SP

They're a great studio so looking forward to seeing what they're up to

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Yeah sounds like a Sony funded game which has been rumoured forever anyway.
Glad Stormdivers has been shelved for now and this new project has all dedicated resources.

Looking forward to the reveal because Housemarque are just ace!

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Good news, I don't think I've seen many clearer examples of a company misunderstanding the industry as Stormdivers. Hopefully whatever they do next works out well for them.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I think they (and everyone else) knew that Stormdivers was doomed to fail from the moment it was revealed to the public. Even its title is laughably generic. It's for the best to leave it behind.

Excited to see what their big, ambitious title will turn out to be though.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Uhm...they say MONTHS, so PS Meeting ain't happening in February then? (Assuming the game is funded by Sony ofc)
Could also be its not getting announced in PSM but in a state of play, or maybe they are told to say months to keep it vague when its actually in 1 month etc.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Finally, the figure skating game we've all been waiting for!
Stormdivers On Ice!
Hopefully this new game is something more original than a Battle Royale.
They always did original fun stuff before. Enjoyed their gameplay first approach.

Last edited:

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
It's a shame that they couldn't make Stormdivers viable but it was pretty clear from the start that a company their size just didn't have the capacity to make a AAA battle royale game that could compete at a high enough level to be a success.

I hope that the experience hasn't put them off trying new things though. Some of my favourite games of the past couple of generations have been Housemarque titles. SSD:HD, Alienation, Resogun, Nex Machine & Dead Nation have been some of the most enjoyable games I've played but I wouldn't want them to feel tied down to doing twin-stick shooters.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Why announce a game that just found a partner and wont likey release for 3 years?
I'm sure they've said that they've been working on a AAA title for a few years now, alongside Stormdivers. Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see something shown by E3. Resogun was probably the highlight of the PS4 launch offerings so wouldn't surprise me if it was Sony who were funding something for the PS5 launch.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Surprised they gave Stormdivers so much time really, they and everyone else knew it was too little too late. Exited for their next game though, hopefully it's as great as it can be. Housemarque deserve a big success.

Oct 26, 2017
I misunderstood the title and thought the new game was going to be some Stormdivers/Ice Skating hybrid. Now I'm sad :(

Oct 27, 2017
I like Housemarque but I think it's best to put Stormdivers to one side, at least for now. Interested to see what their AAA project will be. I wonder if it will be like their The Order 1886-style moment, where they have a big centrepiece game for a major publisher. Perhaps not the best example to use though, as obviously we'd want it to be more successful than TO1886.

Good luck to them. If their next game is as tight and focused as their last few then it'll be a thing of beauty. I also kinda still want Dead Nation 2, although at this point it's definitely not happening!

Klart

Jan 23, 2019
An amazing studio with nearly flawless track record. I hope they have something in store for PS5's launch ...like they had with Resogun.
Yeah, Resogun was a great launch title (often forgotten when the PS4 launch games are discussed).

Would be great if they could do the same for PS5.

Last edited:

Garbrenn

Oct 30, 2017
Shame to see Stormdivers shelved but if that means it's going to be another Sony funded Resogun quality game then I'm ball.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I'd love to see them do something like Dead Nation/Alienation but with procedurally generated levels. As much as I loved both those games I found myself going back to Helldivers a lot more purely because you'd get different levels each time you played.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
They have historically had a strong relationship with Sony of course,but given how Microsoft have been trying to bolster their games line up lately it wouldn't be out of the question to think they picked this game up would it?
Nobody saw Sunset Overdrive coming after all.
Anyway,they are a class dev and I hope it will be a PS5 launch game as that's where I'll be gaming next gen.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, Resogun was a great launch title
Still is great. mmm-mmm!

source.gif

PadPoet

Lead Community Manager at Socialpoint
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Barcelona
One of my favourite studios ever. Even back in the days when they were known as Bloodhouse/Terramarque their Amiga games were of such high quality (Super Stardust, Elfmania)

Resogun, Alienation, Nex Machina and Matterfall were such good games.

Can't wait to see what they come out with.

Nekyrrev

Oct 28, 2017
YES ! That's an awesome news to read. I've spent countless hours on SuperStardust HD, Dead Nation and Nex Machina. They are very talented at what they do and I want more from them. We could hope for a Sony partnership but let's wait and see what that deal is.

I'm glad they seem to be doing well.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I wish them the best and am looking forward to whatever they reveal next for sure